Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 17 days ago

BTS nominated for two categories at the '2019 Billboard Music Awards'!

BTS

BTS is once again nominated for the 'Billboard Music Awards.'

In the 2019 ceremony, BTS has been nominated for not just one but two categories. Same as last year, BTS has entered the nominees for the 'Top Social Artist.' The septet will be competing against fellow K-pop groups EXO and GOT7, as well as Ariana Grande and Louis Tomlinson.

In addition to 'Top Social Artist,' BTS managed to enter the nominees for 'Top Duo/Group.' They are the first K-pop group ever to enter this category. Other nominees include Dan + ShayImagine DragonsMaroon 5, and Panic! At The Disco.

The '2019 BBMAs' hosted by Kelly Clarkson is scheduled to take place in Las Vegas on May 1. The event will be airing live on NBC

('Top Social Artist' is a fan-voted category so make sure to make your votes ARMY!)

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
19 15,903 Share 82% Upvoted

bluemoon01 17 days ago 7
17 days ago

I truly congratulate all the nominees!

I'll be a bit salty and I just want to mention: two years ago k-pop community ridiculed BTS saying that Top Social Artist is a useless category and it doesn't mean anything. They also purposely voted for other nominees. Last year, some fandoms complained that they would like their favorite artist to get the nomination. This year, k-pop community is proud of k-pop bands taking over Top Social Artist category.

Now, many k-pop fans are saying that BTS don't deserve Top Duo/Group nomination and they shouldn't win. Check out Twitter, if you don't believe me. I wonder what is going to happen next year?

I just want to point out some hypocrisy.

7 more replies

watashinohana 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

There we go!! I ranted on the other article about BBMA nominating BTS for just the Social Artists and wanted BBMA to recognize them for just more than that. Congratulations BTS and ARMY's!!!!

BLACKPINK, (Bangtan Boys) BTS