Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF Friday, November 16, 2018

Bang Ye Dam opens up about being the longest trainee in YG Entertainment

Bang Ye Dam
Bang Ye Dam talked about his strong wish to debut.

On November 16, the first episode of 'YG Treasure Box' aired via Naver V Live. Bang Ye Dam introduced himself, stating, "This is 6-year trainee Bang Ye Dam of (the group) Treasure A."

He continued, "I somehow became the longest trainee (in YG Entertainment). I was asked so many times, 'When are you going to debut?' I want to debut so bad," and said, "It's been 6 years. I appeared on SBS 'K-Pop Star' at age 11 and entered YG. I worked hard for 6 years."

Bang Ye Dam added, "I got impatient watching other 'K-Pop Star' contestants make their debut. I also want to show myself soon."

You can watch the full episode below (press the CC button for English subtitles).

1. Bang Ye Dam
  2. YG TREASURE BOX
31 49,221 Share 84% Upvoted

JakeyWantsCakey Friday, November 16, 2018 11
Friday, November 16, 2018

So is no one gonna mention the fact that in the trainee introductions, they said that Seunghun had been training for 9 years but in the show they totally ignored that because they wanted people to feel sorry for Yedam! Don't get me wrong, I like him and want him in the final lineup but I don't like how they're straight up lying to help secure him more votes.

lume90 Friday, November 16, 2018 1
Friday, November 16, 2018

Oh my god. With 29 trainees I definitely didn't get enough Seunghun in ep 1, actually I don't feel I saw him at all. So I'm hoping he gets his screen time too because I'm rooting for him. 9-year trainee man.

lilianlo 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

yes i agree. at one point i aeven questioned if he and midam were even on the episode. hopefully in the following episode they will introduce every trainee briefly again so viewers can see them all. also i know im gonna be devastated at the end of this show. SO MANY trainees are talented but only a fraction of them are debuting...that's gotta be the saddest thing i've ever typed😭

HeyHoonie Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

I feel the same sis! I watched the show last night I hate it when they keep saying Yedam is the longest trainee, when there is Seunghun who's been there in NINE FREAKIN' YEARS!! maybe because Yedam is more famous and they want catch people's attention in first ep. but still, saying Yedam is the longest trainee in YG is disrespectful to Seunghoon

Crashingshores Friday, November 16, 2018 3
Friday, November 16, 2018

It depends on the context, did they mean presently or of all time

3 more replies

5 more replies

maragana Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

Whoa. He really did grow up to look like Tablo. Lol.

hihithere Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

I think they mean he's the longest trainee IN YG. others might've been trainees in other companies before coming to YG but they didn't count their years in other companies.

whatever101 Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

he's only 17, you know YG had zero plans of debuting him until he's just at the right age where unnie's can fap to him without feeling guilty of his age

kpoplover308 Saturday, November 17, 2018 1
Saturday, November 17, 2018

I'm sad Choi Raesung / Millenium isn't on the show. I guess he doesn't want to be an idol anymore.

lilianlo 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

i really hope it was his decision and that he didnt get kicked out of the lineup. i know he hasnt left yg but i really hoped he would be debuting. maybe yg has other plans for him? soloist? he has the capabilities and talent to be one. i just never imagined it would be like this for him😭

dancerforlife26 Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

lol ok first of all, lying to make his narrative more sympathy inducing is terrible (like many other comments have said, theres a YG trainee named Seunghun who's been training for 9 years). Second of all, YG is too predictable...who's gonna bet Yedam's team aka Team A will debut for sure?

lilianlo 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

meanwhile seunghoon and nearly a decade of his life standing back be like...

k008 Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

one of them looks like a young minho from shinee.

subsubone02 Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

But guys, he is just 16 years old. Why do you want to debut when you are 12 or something. I think it's better to wait until you're at least 17 to debut.

loyd Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

hes only 17 and young, he will have plenty of time to show himself. maybe its for the best to be more grown up when hes stepping into the stage.

JawDropper Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

Bang Yedam vocal is gold, but idk if he suits YG style.

walkertexasrange Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

He’s talented, sings and dances well. It’s probably his visuals, not good looking enough. Why else yg holding him back? Get him some plastic surgery and debut the kid

caitlinnolly Friday, November 16, 2018 1
Friday, November 16, 2018

i thought moon sua was the longest trainee? isn't it like 11 years now?

blockb1a4_1 Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

Guess they're talking about in terms of male trainees/those who are from YG Treasure Box.

kizaru_hijin Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

and delusional idiots once again start attacking the company, while showing, that they still arent capable of thinking for one bit about this case and how yg is actually doing him a favor here...

unibias Friday, November 16, 2018 0

fvck yg, they are done.

taeng0903 Friday, November 16, 2018 1
Friday, November 16, 2018

Too bad YG want to see visual other than skill this time.. Unless he is YG 'son'...

why_so_serious Saturday, November 17, 2018 0
Saturday, November 17, 2018

see people like you are really annoying, if there are any "bad looking" idol or they don't fit the public's type for "idol" and they would get bash wouldn't you feel bad? idk what YG is thinking but clearly nowadays good looking idols are way preferred compared in 1st and 2nd gen

-10

Stopudelulu Friday, November 16, 2018 0
Friday, November 16, 2018

But he is ugly. He willend up like seughoon winner

misc.