Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by allkpop 27 days ago

Welcome to the new allkpop - a message to our fans

Hey AKP Readers!

For the past 11 years, our vision at allkpop has always been to provide passionate K-Pop fans just like you with top-quality entertainment news. Though the K-Pop industry has changed significantly, we remain committed to this vision and for many years to come. With this, we have some major changes.

We acknowledge that some of the decisions we have made in the past were not appreciated by readers. In this regard, we apologize sincerely. We hope that our commitment to engaging and professional content for the future will help leave those days behind.

With this, we began to think: “How can we enhance the allkpop experience for our readers?” and “How can we improve?” It seemed that perhaps the best way to evolve our website was to share our vision with our loyal readers. Starting now, AKP is a cooperative space, meaning that any reader can now be an author and post interesting K-Pop content onto the allkpop website. For the time being, this includes articles, images, videos, discussion threads and memes (coming soon). Throughout the years we tried our best to cover all aspects of Korean pop culture, however at times we missed stories, causing fans to believe that there was some sort of internal bias. We can guarantee you this was never the case, and now with our new system, we hope to end all of those misunderstandings.

Our in-house staff writers will continue posting stories as usual and nothing will change in terms of the content and coverage that we provide.

Obviously, there is a strict code of conduct that all authors must follow when posting content and we will need the help of the community to upvote and downvote posts to curate the top stories of the day, as well as weed out the bad ones. What stories make it to the homepage will now be totally dependent on you, our community. We understand users may upvote or downvote stories solely based on personal bias, but over time we believe our users will vote properly to curate the most important stories of the day. In addition, our algorithms will continuously learn user behavior to ensure that the proper stories are reaching the top spots.

With this new chapter, we hope that we can continue to improve your AKP experience. Thank you always for your endless support, and we’ll see you on the site!

P.S. feel free to use this post and the new comment section below as a playground to test the new site features, make sure to leave us feedback below and keep the upvotes coming!

319 Share 50% Upvoted

sweetestbliss 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

This is not a good idea at all. I want to see legit news articles with SOME sort of editorial professionalism. Allowing everyone to create posts will just create a hot mess with lots of fake or wrong information since people don't like to cross check their facts. And what the hell are these "Stan" posts?

And instead of the "new" filter, it should be "most recent."

27 days ago

"STAN" MUSIAL = USA MLB Baseball ... ;) ... (Trolling)

STAN Musial (MLB Wiki URL)

(Dup Removed)

Arzach95 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

"We understand users may upvote or downvote stories solely based on personal bias, but over time we believe our users will vote properly to curate the most important stories of the day"

Newsflash to AKP, users in Kpop ALWAYS have a bias, is part of the culture to begin with, you are shooting yourself on the foot with this one.

Secretninja312 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

whelp, this is a trainwreck waiting to happen. You guys already have a hard enough time not posting multiple articles of the same topic/situation now you’re going to allow everyone else have the ability to make posts? Yeah let’s see how reliable those “news” are (not that a lot of akp news are reliable). This is not reddit. Queue trolls making clickbait news stories.

“We understand users may upvote or downvote stories solely based on personal bias, but over time we believe our users will vote properly to curate the most important stories of the day.“ yeah no, not going to happen. will always be people upvote/downvote stories based on personal bias.

Also, I hate that I now have to select “news” and “new” EVERY DAMN TIME.

KoShinwon 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

theyre gonna have more trouble stopping the spam than they ever had finding and paying their writers

Secretninja312 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I feel like they thought they can make us do thier work by letting us freely post stuff. But that’s already backfiring and now they’re going to have to spend more time and effort deleting trolls, spam, false news, ect. Their original format is far from perfect but I think this is 10 times worse.

kpopaye 27 days ago 0

Wtf is this

Having normal users make articles is the same as making threads on the forum

We already got that

I guess only difference is we can be downvoted here lmao

ummyeaa 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

It would be nice if there was a filter option or a way to just pull up the news from you AKP only instead of the mix from your and everyone else's articles. Sometimes I just want to see what I've been seeing in the past and not the tons of BTS articles that we are about to get. lol

emmamadison24 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

lmao exactly. Those armies are going to spam this site bad and all everyone will be seeing will be bts articles. I'm so tired.

ummyeaa 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Agreed! As soon as that starts happening this site will become AllBTS and the rest of the kpop fandom will leave, it's frightening tbh

gotbangxoxo 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

All BTS articles are always spammed by antis lmao what you on girl
But yes, a filtering option would be good, and also another section SOLELY dedicated to debut, comebacks etc. This is a kpop site but it's mostly news about gossip and never the music. Gotta bring that back.

I_Watch_Hentai 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Your first sentence is just stupid. That would mean that there are more antis than ARMY and we all know that's a fucking mathematical impossibility!

notthatmarko 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

Just follow AKP on Twitter. They still post their articles there.

LOST_KITTEN 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

This is a bad idea, we have akp forum for this.

The article site is supposed to be for official news and "professional" writing.

Why would you mix them up.

Now, it will be harder to find official news on this site.

New and casual kpop fan who are not interested to see all the spam threads will be put off by this.

krell 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

@johnny (AKP) will fix this SOON ; at least that is the stated AKP INTENT.

jimmynoh 27 days ago 0

yup! A work in progress

Ah_Chuu 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Well I was actually going to make a tentatively positive comment but I had to register to do so as anons are disallowed again. Then it took hours for the activation link I was sent to work (maybe not the fault of anyone here), and that gave me plenty of time to notice a few things.

Firstly the site has been pretty poorly tested. Trying to resend my validation link led me to an unrelated settings page. It seems like a whole bunch of obvious features aren't quite working yet based on the comments I've read. I guess there isn't any money to hire a proper developer any more than proper journalists.

Secondly.. well I don't think I need to say much about the whole 'now you can all post articles!' thing given the state of the site today, haha. Love how someone thought they'd be smart and all, 'well, you lot complain too much... SEE IF YOU CAN DO BETTER!' Of course they can't do better, geniuses, they're not journalists either. Maybe it would have been better to skip the little tantrum and address the legitimate reasons why people were constantly complaining: contributors to the site continually misrepresenting and sometimes flat-out lying about situations in ways that were detrimental to the artists involved.

Oh well, I'm just sticking around for entertainment value at this point, and no I don't mean Kpop news...

HaveSomeKookies 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It's waaay harder now to find official news (news made by you, the allkpop Staff). Honestly, all of this feels like a major downgrade... User-made content all good, but reddit (specifically, /r/kpop) exists already.

Jon666 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

What a stupid idea to let people create their own articles. The whole "Stan [band]" articles are already annoying as f.

27 days ago

"STAN" @Johnny (AKP) !!! ... ;) ... (Trolling)

svtsbreadnbutter 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

so its basically making the main site like the forum?
its interesting but it seems complicated with being able to tell whats real news and whats fake no?

Yseki 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

That is what I thought, since there is a discussian feed as well as news.

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Our writers will continue to write articles. As for real news and fake news, we’re counting on the community to up/down vote as well as comment to provide a more transparent site and reporting process. We will also be monitoring stories to make sure things run smoothly.

danny_goes_boom 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

wow i actually might LEAVE this site because of this new horrible format.

byun_taeganger 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

So before, you paid people to write articles for you. You hired staff specifically for this purpose, and paid them a salary. Now you want random people to write articles for you for free? If I'm going to write an article for a news site, I expect to be paid for my time. You just want to lower your operating costs by relying on "citizen journalists" and crowdsourced content.

Really, allkpop, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

johnny 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

Our hired staff are still here and will continue to post stories. We are just allowing the community to post and rate stories as well now. Not sure how this is negative in any way, other than you wanting to be negative for no good reason. With that said, you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

KHJUSAfan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

as one who has been critical of Allkpop not covering fairly all storys. I think I understand what your trying to do is give us the opertunity to have those stories you miss given an opertunity to be seen... so if a person writes a story based on current event in Kpop and can provide updated and acurate material from credible resources. then all kpop will let it be posted.. after that its up to allkpop comunity to deside if its something they are interested to know about... please let me know if my understanding is correct. thank you

krell 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

@johnny <-- Okay, with NOTIFICATIONS, It *seems* that it is SOLVED now ; the DELETE problem. What did it, with NOTIFICATIONS, was to 'check mark' the 'Mark All' top box. Then, I hit the DELETE button. They ALL did disappear. Then, I did a BROWSER REFRESH (Reload of the Page), and SOME of the NOTIFICATIONS returned and LISTED again. So, I hit the DELETE button again, they ALL disappeared (again). I did the BROWSER REFRESH, and SOME NOTIFICATIONS returned, but LESS than before. So, I kept REPEATING that sequence of ALL DELETE ; followed by BROWSER REFRESH. And FINALLY, *ALL* of the NOTIFICATIONS now seem DELETED. There is NO 'outstanding' NOTIFICATION 'number' showing anymore. FIRST TIME that I have seen it that way in forever that I can recall it.

StCatMouse 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I think AKP is thinking somewhere along the line of Reddit - stories go to the front page based on community feedback and OP doesn't get anything other than internet points. There's a positive and negative to that approach as the site is shaped by the community but it's also susceptible to brigading and circle jerking.

Key_the_VIP 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I feel like smaller fandoms and newer groups will end up suffering if it's left up to the community.

GhostVIP 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

I know that sometimes you missed things but... letting the people making articles? That's gonna make all of them so biased and subjective. At least you should put an option to sort the articles to see only the ones that the real reporters write. If I want to see people writing about their idols, i'll go to reddit, not here!

Bubblyteaa 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I dislike not having pages anymore for articles since its annoying to try to read the older articles. Also the fact that people up vote articles or down vote them make it harder for less known groups to be known. I think the old way was much much better. This website seems nothing like how it was before in a bad way, i preferred the previous one much more. Instead you should just continue to improve the past website format by removing the anon in comments.

Ninja_Poster 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

If you want me to do your job you better pay me.

kyunyan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

The new design is weird at first, but here are some observations:
*Everything is too white and bland, is hard to pinpoint what is what. I hope this is considered a "beta" and you guys work on the design a bit
*There are some bugs, especially when writing comments, you can't really edit the html, italic, bold, etc, the options don't work
*Another bug, when you downvote a comment, it counts the same as if you were upvoting it, counts up.
*On the good hand, the site is way faster to load, which is great because it used to be really bad to load it on my mobile, for example, or when I had bad internet connections.
*Also, not sure why you decided to let only people who have register to comment, but I like it better this way, keeps away trolls like our infamous Power Up, may he/she rest well.

ani07 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

sry to be this straight forward, but its ugly af.

Secretninja312 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

wow...didn’t know we traveled back in time. My notification said it was posted Dec 31st 1969

Haru_ki 27 days ago 0

seriously? lol

emmamadison24 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Seriously what is wrong with akp??? This site used to be my go to place for news but now you'll let armies control what is news??? You know those behind group fans are toxic and always create hate wherever they go so now the only articles we'll be seeing on akp are bts related??? Why would you even want to be a reddit lmao. This is the most ugly user interface i've ever seen for a news site. If you want to become a blog and have forums for its users sure, but if you want to be taken seriously with actual news content then you need to create a professional user friendly site. WTF is this??? I guess there's Soompi now. I'm sure most people will move there so that they don't have to deal with rabid armies. LMAO

krell 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

The ARTICLE *FILTER* settings do NOT seem to work as I might wish. I would want a FILTER setting where it lists *ONLY and ALL* the ARTICLES that are posted by AKP WRITERS (Employees). And in a LATEST first SORTED manner. So far, what I am seeing it, has like *AKP USER* posted ARTICLES mixed into any FILTER LISTING that I am able to generate it. NOT interested in seeing the 'latest' "STAN LOONA" AKP USER posted 'ARTICLE' ; if you get my meaning.

Added Later --> I did see where some AKP User did suggest in their 'AKP ARTICLE' that the eating of a 'strange meal' did express their 'appreciation' for the NEW AKP ARTICLES situation ... ;)

Arzach95 27 days ago 0

I agree

Wang_Sejung 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Krevice you are still alive? I thought like your friend Bigblueagain you passed away?!!!

GreenPoop 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Power up obligated to log in to troll. I wonder what his account?

crowboy 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

i like this design. although let's be real... it's just reddit lmao

the only thing i think is probably a bad decision is that ANYONE can make an article. we already have the forum section. it doesn't make sense at all to allow just any unknown user to create an article for a 'news' (no matter how loosely the term has been used for allkpop) site...?

johnny 27 days ago 1

“have” could always turn into a “had” ;P

crowboy 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

not that i'm in a place to give advice for a site or anything

but damn... "user" could turn into "non-user". if you read on forums, most people don't even come to this part of this site (apparently, not too sure i believe them honestly) and so many have discord chats and things of the like that they would probably prefer to use than the article section if the two were merged

wait is this sounding too harsh...

Freakshow 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

You guys just copied reddit.

jinpnk 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

welp it is time for the comment section trolls to put out their own articles now. Your articles I hate to say it are already biased in a lot of cases, have horrible grammar and spread false facts. How are you going to allow anyone on this site to make an article? I come here for legit news not some reddit fan board. Allkpop what the heck is going on here???

SS501SS301 27 days ago 8
27 days ago

Okay number 1 - I hate the new look for the site, it looks and feels horrible. I much prefer the old look of the website. Is there no way you guys can revert to the old website look?

Number 2 - Yes you DID miss out a heck lot of news on other artists including the updated ones and it did feel biased especially when some was being reported by other news articles and not by you guys which I found weird. Coz usually whatever Soompi reports, AKP does the same and vice-versa.

Number 3 - Allowing anyone to post articles is damn dangerous. Get your point on what you're trying to do but it's damn dangerous. Anyone can post harmful and false articles on celebrities and make up false rumours through posting this articles and try to make it seem official or true. I don't like this idea. One bit.

johnny 27 days ago 7
27 days ago

I honestly do not think It is “damn dangerous”. Most users have the mental capacity to distinguish real from fake. In addition, the voting system will determine which articles make it to the homepage or higher on the visibility list. Instead what I think is damn dangerous is allowing one person or entity to dictate what is fact or fiction. This is a new system, but we believe it will be beneficial in the long run.

notthatmarko 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

Hi johnny, just wanna say hi. Big fan.

4 more replies

eager_beaver 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I don't share SS501SS301's fear that it's "damn dangerous", not when it comes to a somewhat marginal site like AKP. But on a general note, it's a dubious idea that most users have the mental capacity to distinguish real from fake. As we've seen in recent years, so called "fake news" have the power to affect millions of people. People actually have a poor capacity for distinguishing true and false, they don't check facts, and they choose what is true based on feelings. People believe what their biases push them to believe. Human minds are driven by primal instincts, and because it's hard work to think rationally, our brains are poor truth detectors.

I don't want to get too serious and grim here, but people around the world have even died as a result of people not being able to tell what is real and what is fake. In that sense there is a real danger in relying on people's capacity to detect the truth. Mobs have lynched people because they have not been able to separate misinformation from truth. I doubt the minds of AKP users are any more evolved than those of people who lash out in rage when they see incorrect information on-line. Now I doubt AKP will lead to these kinds of murderous reactions, apart from among some fandoms (do I have to insert a smiley here for readers to understand that this is a joke?). The texts on this site are not that dangerous. But as a general rule information can be dangerous, and trusting people to have the mental capacity to distinguish truths from falsehoods rarely works.

When it comes to the danger of allowing one entity to dictate what is fact or fiction, it's not that simple. Entities are different. Some are more trustworthy than others. It's not as if only one has the monopoly to distribute information, it'll immediately take that opportunity to spread lies. And it's also not try that if more players start distributing information, the competition between them will immediately push the stream of information in a more honest direction. Some entities have professional pride, a true desire to report the truth, self-correct when making mistakes, adhere to strict ethical standards and will therefore have a real interest to make sure that the information is true. An entity like this will strive to pursue and publish the truth even if it has a monopoly on publishing information. Other entities, on the other hand, are not like this. And adding them to the mix will not increase truthfulness. Yes, there will be more voices, but not necessarily more true voices, just a cacophony of dissonant voices from which listeners will have a hard time picking out the truth. Increasing the number of information sources will not necessarily lead to more reliable information due to competition.

In the end only the quality of information sources matters, not the quantity of sources. One good one is better than two bads ones. One good one alone, is better than drowning it in a sea of bad ones. Despite my long answer, I'm not that worked up about the issue. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think AKP being solely responsible for the information we read would mean it dictates what's fact or fiction, nor do I think that users contributing to the process would lead to a chaos of information without a way to distinguish the truth. I'm just saying that as a general observation, spreading true information is not about how many do it. It's about committing to spreading the truth, it's about doing quality work, no matter how many people are involved. I hope you're right that the system will be beneficial in the long run.

sachimi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It just looks like a boring version of the already crap site BoredPanda.

Honestly, this is the real issue with AKP doing this - you have a site full of aggressive and/or emotional and/or volatile kpop fans and trolls, and you want it to end up some other way than the internet's infected anus called 4chan. That is not going to happen. The comments ( and the forum ) are already a huge mess, and that's not even with a up/down voting system. It's a monumentally stupid idea, and that's from someone who is not a teenager and has witnessed well-intentioned voting sites go from their nice beginnings to the hellholes they are. In addition, you can BUY up and down votes - here's an article about it https://medium.com/@coinmall/how-easy-and-cheap-it... . Also, I don't know if you even could have missed it, but here's what the results of a very immature troll audience can be like - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/4chan-mountain-dew_... . Yes, they really put all those disgusting names in the poll and made them the top 10. And you expect something better here? You might not end up with Hitler or X-rated kinds of garbage, but it won't be any better.

Whoever is in charge of this site really dropped the ball and let it roll downhill into the sewer. I'm more than aware of how much work is involved in overhauling a site and that is appreciated, but the entire concept and execution are just flat-out awful. You should have put a LOT more thought into it, or better yet, dismissed the idea immediately when it was suggested. Oh, and you should have fired whoever the hell suggested/approved this nonsense. People already think of this site as a fucking joke, and you have now ensured that it will truly become the most laughable, garbage-ridden, infected pustule of a "news" site. Kindly make sure that whoever reads feedback gets this message, because it's not mindless, ignorant ranting. It's a goddamn warning that you have massively fucked up with this change. I'll make sure to repost it a couple times so that it can be seen.

lacreme 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Letting anyone post an article is dangerous. Have the people behind AKP already given up on managing the site? The new look is boring. The old AKP is better

EyeSpy 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

No vetting? No moderation? That doesn't even work on some of the more benign art forums where I participate. AKP is likely to quickly become a free-for-all. I predict 100 random, rambling, highly-biased 'articles' within the next 48 hours. Hope I'm wrong; best of luck with the new format!

DullBubbleButt 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

At least they got rid of anonymous commenting. Hopefully it'll lessen all the trolling that just incites fanwars and make kpop more toxic.

But not sure about this whole community thing. I predict there's gonna be an overflow of uninteresting articles, with everyone writing articles about every small thing their faves get up to. I also predict that there's gonna be a lot of haters/antis trying to defame other artists through articles. AKP's journalism and research wasn't entirely great before (you would often come across badly translated/researched quotes and stories), but now it might just get worse... So yeah... not sure about this new aspect of the site.

teleri 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Thank the deities for THAT blessing! But there are some horrendously toxic trolls that haunt AllKPop and they WILL attempt to defame artists and push their own hateful agendas.

Lithium_Flower 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Yeah, that troll Power Up/Nekkoya/BadBoy comes to mind. If akp can do something to weed out creeps like hkm, this change will be a good thing

EskiePt 26 days ago 1
26 days ago

"however at times we missed stories, causing fans to believe that there was some sort of internal bias"

No, what makes us think that is the way you write your articles, don't play dumb with us..

sugarslice 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

Another brainless groupthink delulu kpop fan lol

fandoms_kpop 27 days ago 0

allkpop got ugly lol

pinkstrawberi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I like the new layout and how there cant be random anon trolls... but I dont like how its basically a reddit copy :S

gotbangxoxo 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

It's an absolutely horrendous sight, no offense.

27 days ago

(Trolling) ... @gotbangxoxo <-- Yes, YOU ARE !!! ... ;)

lacreme 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

AKP has now become a big dump of useless posts. If only Soompi would drop the pretense and write other stories like what AKP does

rickies 27 days ago 0

It's hideous...

deza7744 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I really liked the old layout better, this layout looks a lot like Reddit, rather just a few authors report the stories otherwise we'll get a flooding of articles from the popular bands and almost nothing on new groups, liked Allkpop because it showed articles of some upcoming group debuts or comebacks from groups I don't listen to.

Also, a side note, I liked seeing how many people had viewed an article, now it only shows comments and lloks like there are less comments on articles now...

Greywolf90 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

If you've ever visited the forum or even just the comment section of akp articles, you'll know there's a LOT of toxic fans lurking around here who actively want to sabotage and defame other groups. So what now that the community can post whatever they want? What will happen when a troll or well-disguised anti makes a defaming article about an artist? Report, downvote and wait for an actual akp reporter to wake up, research the content and then take it down? That's just not good enough. Cause the damage and fanwars will already have happened.

Likewise, what will happen when fans make inaccurate or exaggerated articles about their bias' achievements etc? And duplicate articles too. Are we just gonna have to deal with inaccurate or duplicate articles for a couple hours until a real reporter/mod cleans it up? It's not gonna be an easy moderation task either, because they'd have to research the content of every reported article. I think you have too much misguided trust in users if you think this won't end up being an issue.

I think the community journalism might become the undoing of akp because of this. Unless more regulations are put in place, such as user articles all being read and approved by the real reporters before being published perhaps.

KHJUSAfan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I agree with you but if storys are properly vetted and refrenced with current not outdated information before they are published who wrotes them should not be an issue... when vetted an obvious bias could be labled as an op ed piece laymans translation opinion editorial piece.. before launching that feature these things and how they should be accomplished should be done... should have been set in place before announcement but cant put cat back in bag once its out. damage control to preserve journalistic integrity of site should be done. I am hoping that the changes where ment to bring more journalistic integrity to site and not make it a lame blog cess pool of human waste like asian junkie is

Lotus_Shang 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I agree with you 100% I am also worried about trolls running a muck here and posting anything they please. I hope the admins read everything before posting it on the website.

johnny 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

You along with many others are voicing the same concerns. That shows that the community is already willing to police such posts. I have faith that the community is intelligent enough to make up their own minds on news stories and come to a determination. When it was solely up to us, everyone complained as well, at least now you all have a voice and a greater role in what is published to the mainstream.

sachimi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Honestly, it's extremely, stupidly naive of you to think that people here will actually police themselves. That's why Reddit has moderators who are checked by other moderators. It WILL get worse here, and stay that way. Kpop fans are volatile and reactive, and too many are also young and immature.

tyger11 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

The new site is WAY faster, so well-done on that!

27 days ago

Yes, the previous SPOT.IM messaging 'plugin' that AKP was using it, was a SLOW LOAD and CPU usage 'hog' too.

darakrung 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Bring back the old comment section!

dpatck 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This looks like Reddit, and not in a good way.

loveis4evergone 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

wow this shit looks ugly, welp GUESS THERE WILL BE LESS ANONS! pffft hahaha. Now they gotta use accounts and do those random comment trolling like they used to.

StCatMouse 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

A dedicated troll would just set up several new accounts.

hohliu 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

I love your new site, it has good energy. The upvote arrows are great for the site. Getting contributors will make this site more active. As long as someone is there to moderate the articles. I hope the really nasty, crude, rude comments are better controlled too. Otherwise, it makes it hard for many to comment without having their head bitten off, chewed and spit out. Really unpleasant. Everyone has equally rights to comment without being nasty , rude and crude.

BTW, your up/down arrow does not work properly. Please look into it. THanks

amarei 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

I like the thought that anyone can be an author and the top stories is more based on the readers, but this new layout is absolutely disgusting and reads more of a forum instead of a news aggregator. Time to find a new kpop news aggregator.

ThingsAreWeird 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

Not gonna lie, I kind of hate the new site. Well, I guess this is goodbye akp!

emmamadison24 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

So i tried the downvote of the post itself above but it added up instead of subtracting??? Am i missing something??? WTF

Jon666 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

After you have downvoted a comment, you have to reload the article to see your downvote.

krell 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

IF you click on an 'UP ARROW' ; it will ADD to the 'Displayed Number' in a 'plus' manner. IF you then AGAIN do CLICK on the 'UP ARROW' it will *UNDO* your previous 'UP VOTE' and REDUCE the 'Displayed Number' in a 'minus' manner. You can keep repeating that process, as you might choose to do it. HERE, it is NOT necessary to RELOAD the HTML Page to see the changes. It changes in a 'LIVE' manner when you CLICK it (the 'UP ARROW' Icon).

NORM 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Can we get a way to sort comments according to upvotes, newest,earliest, etc please :(

johnny 27 days ago 0

Yes that is coming

Aamin 27 days ago 1

Comment has been deleted

Aamin 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

way to delete my comment you fascist bastards.

hope this site dies and soompi picks up all the slack

Anpanman 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Redditpop looks shitty now, do you have no $$$$ to pay your employees for articles so you're using fans now? lmao

eager_beaver 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

"...but over time we believe our users will vote properly to curate the most important stories of the day."

You seem to have a very positive view of humanity. Unfortunately I don't share your optimism.

However, I won't condemn the changes outright. We'll see how things move forward. People will of course be angry about the new look because they are almost always extremely negative towards changes, which is curious considering that they usually take pride in being open-minded and constantly call for changes. Sometimes they even call for change just for the sake of change regardless of whether it's good or bad. They can't take five seconds to try to adapt to a new situation, but instead are angry that the changes disrupted what they're comfortable with.

Personally, I'm OK with the layout. I'll get used to it. Many sites I've spent time on have changed their layouts. At first people have predictably been furious, but the fury always dies down, and a month later people can't even recall what the site looked like before. On the other hand, I am wary about increasing the input of regular users. Say what you will about the quality of the articles on AKP, at least they had some quality control, far more than any wannabe internet journalists have. I've always been a strong supporter of expertise, of things being handled by people who know what they're doing. "Participation" is not an automatic virtue, not if that means a whole lot of dum-dums get to participate. Imagine trying to have "the community" run a hospital, a school or a newspaper. At best, the standards and results would nosedive, at worst, chaos would ensue. I appreciate the work AKP employees do, and I hope that in the future I can filter out user contributions in the feed so that I don't have to look at half-assed gossip texts riddled with spelling mistakes, tales that some teenager have made up based on random fan café rumours.

The upside obviously is that now many comeback and debut stories which have been missing from AKP will get visibility. Just yesterday I was watching MVs by less known idols that have just recently debuted or come back, something that AKP far too often fails to mention. I actually thought about immediately sending feedback to AKP about how these idols are ignored, even though many of them have been mentioned by AKP before and should therefore be on the site's radar. But I didn't bother to do that, and now the changes here mean that hopefully a wider selection of idols will get visibility on this site. Though I also hope, and I'm repeating myself, that the user submissions don't lower the quality of the information on this site.

mysterious_eyez 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Not a fan of the new layout, I really think the last layout was one of the best. My biggest concern at the moment is if anyone can upload an article, how can we avoid numerous articles pertaining to the same thing. I get thats where the voting comes in and I'm glad you acknowledge that some ppl will up vote or down vote just for the hell of it...I guess only time will tell if this is a good move or not.

yukinaaa 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

Its been nice knowing you guys, im going back to soompi

johnny 27 days ago 1

Nice knowing you too. Enjoy :D

(Trolling) ...

And do NOT let a FLY SWATTER hit your BUTT on the way OUT THE DOOR !!! ... ;)

_Jarhon 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It's not any better. Here's hoping BTS becomes so big some new organization wants to pick reporting Kpop and related entertainment properly.

Barri 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

So now people need an account to comment? Meaning the trolls can't upvote themselves anymore with multiple accounts like they could with the "old" comment board?

GramStan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Amen to that. It ruined the comment section when they brought that in.

tyger11 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I also wouldn't mind being able to change my user name. :)

ladydahlia629 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Honestly I don’t how I feel about this layout. It’s nice that we can post stuff that is possibly newsworthy, but we do have the forums for that same reason.

Sel97 27 days ago 0

WHAT IS THIS

whatever101 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

LOVE how smooth the site runs now but its a shame that even tho the - + system is back there is no way to see what people are saying about my old comments

krell 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

(Trolling) ... Trust me ; NOTHING good! ... ;)

mynameisr2 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

I like that AKP is trying to change for the better, I hope it goes well. one thing i have noticed though is with users creating their own articles there are doubles and triples of the same stories.

taemkitten 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I've noticed this as well, and a lot of the "Netizens react" articles too that might be something of interest on say, Netizenbuzz (an entirely different website that pretty much caters to that kinds of information and Netizen involvement/reaction), but honestly don't have much of a place as articles here. They should be forum thread topics, not articles (in my opinion).

I know these are the types of things that can be voted down by users and thus no longer seen or at least no longer seen at the top.....but it gets overwhelming and kind of frustrating to see little clips of text or links with no real articles to read or discuss. Hoping this will change.

kyunyan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I agree, should be forum, not articles. Just put more visibility to forum on the main page and it gets the same effect...

27 days ago

@mynameisr2 --> users creating their own articles -- there are doubles and triples of the same stories. <--

(Trolling) ... Perhaps nobody can STAN for LOONA (Group) enough ??? ... ;)

Anyway, THAT is why I want a ARTICLE FILTER that will 'rid' me of the AKP User based 'ARTICLES' ... ;)

taemkitten 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It's....definitely different. I'm not sure yet if that's for the better or worse. While it's nice to see there won't be as much distinct bias (or what appears to be bias) from the writers on allkpop itself, and there should be an increase in content variety and information plus updates on other groups, entertainment professionals, and the industry as a whole, it's also worrisome to give the power to write articles to anyone that registers on this site. The amount of mis-information that can easily spread, or false rumors that may stir up controversy between fans (or leak to other sites and possibly to reliable news sources that could take it and run) kind of frightens me.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, but I'm not as optimistic about things as I once was when I was younger.

I wrote an article earlier regarding something that I hadn't realized was already written eight days earlier (my fault on not double checking their article search to see it there before I wrote) and it was removed shortly thereafter. Hopefully this type of quality control continues from the people being paid behind the scenes of this platform, though I'm afraid after the hype of the updates and "new" allkpop, this level of quality control may fall short. I hope this isn't the case. Either way, I'm excited to see more on talent that doesn't always get the recognition it deserves (in all areas of K-Entertainment) and to read articles worth reading.

eager_beaver 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

- So far what's good is that the layout seems more spacious (or maybe it's just an illusion). That's good when browsing on a small screen. I also like that the column width for the articles and the comment sections is wider than before. I hope you keep that when adjusting the site further.

- The site is also faster than before. That's very good. Maybe it's because you haven't added all components to the site yet, or maybe it's because some of your actual changes. But I really hope it stays that way.

When it comes to things that need improvements, most have been said already by others, so I guess I shouldn't repeat them. Either you will or won't take them under consideration. But when it comes to the news feed itself, it's a little confusing. I don't think I should have to read a user manual to figure it out. Is it true that if I choose the "all" filter, what is shown are all the old articles before the site change, and all the new posts, both by AKP and users? And if I choose any of the other filters, the feed only shows posts that have been created after the site change, both by AKP and users? And about the "best" filter; that shows up-voted articles, but only during a certain time period, not all time best posts? "Rising" I assume shows trending articles based on some popularity algorithm of yours. What about the "controversial" filter, what's that based on?

Suggestions: I would like the site to remember a user's filter choices so that every time one returns to the site, one's favourite filter choices are preselected. Once you introduce the sorting function in the comment section (best, worst, newest, oldest, user's own comments), the same should apply there; the site should remember one's last choice, because we all have an option we usually prefer. For a long time the old site remembered one's sort selection in the comment section, but then a few months ago that function disappeared. After that all comments were always arranged in order of best to worst, and in every single comment section one had to choose the "new comments first" option. It was really annoying, a real First World problem.

Second, a user's notification section only contains a list of notifications. Would it be possible to introduce a similar section called "Your Comments", maybe as a subheader beneath "Notifications"? That would contain a list of all comments by a user (at least during a certain time period, the last month, two or six), along with the up/down arrows, and maybe with the possibility to view all the answers to the comments, a function hidden behind an expand button. This way one could see all one's comments in one place without having to remember which articles one has replied to, and one could use this "Your Comments" section to navigate to the articles one has replied to, and the spots in their comment sections where one's comments are.

27 days ago

Getting the MESSAGE *FILTERS* to work BETTER (defining them properly ; creating a couple more?), would seem to be the TOP Priority. NOT everyone wants to see the AKP User created ARTICLES. So, a FILTER is needed to list ONLY the AKP EMPLOYEE created ARTICLES. And I suspect that NOTIFICATIONS will STAY as it is currently for quite awhile.

callmetree 27 days ago 0

REVERT MISSION

emmamadison24 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Also, what if I want to only see the 'best' comments and not just the new ones??? How do I sort for that??

I_Watch_Hentai 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Haven't you ever used REDDIT? This is that. It's based on popular vote. That's all.

emmamadison24 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

Also, how tf do you like or dislike a comment with this new format??? Ugh

27 days ago

You CLICK on the 'BLACK ARROWS' (just LEFT of Message ; Up or Down)

pwswan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

The arrows to the left of your DP are clickable; for example, I'm going to like your comment by clicking the up arrow.

Jichuchi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

The arrows beside your pic... up is like, down is dislike, the no. in between is likes... it does look quite obvious lol...

JohnF 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

So basically, you've decided your college interns that you call journalists aren't good enough, and instead of hiring better people, you've given up completely and are letting everybody *else* report the news for you? Uuuuh, I guess I need to find a new K-pop news site.

ThonZa 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Holy shit is this horrible now.... No idea why you guys thought that letting anyone post was a good idea. This site is a mess now. And for the love of god give as an option to put the website on dark mode. Also the filter setting reset every time I come back.. not a big issue but annoying one.

annabts 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

The new layout could use some enhancement

Igno21 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

is like a allkpop theme in reddit xd

musiclover96 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Okay, I have to admit that the new look is weird, I still have to get used to it.
The idea of letting the community work on the side is nice but honestly, there are already a bunch of articles that are not necessary. Maybe there is a way to filter them before there are being posted?

Hopkinz 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Yikes this website looks terrible, and now it's gonna be even MORE difficult to find actual news/updates. I got the forum/based news from OH and the actual monitored updates from you guys. I don't think I'll be here much longer.

alicehalf 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Looks like reddit, in a bad way tho

Kpopistheonlypop 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This site was bad enough as is but some of these changes.... yikes.

way0leto 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

But AKP, before that, you should make sure to proof read the article. some article is hard to understand which contains a lot of grammar and typing issues. and sometimes, i had to read one sentence 2 to 3 times.

Sarah_mia (Banned) 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It is not abt akp being bias. It is just that haters are salty their oppas are not making any achievements. So no story

i9son 27 days ago 0

Sooooooo is Reddit........Sooooo I can just the sub reddit for Kpop

PinKookiE 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Actually this is a good change, you are always complaining (including me) about how biased are some posts and now its your chance to contribute with something here, its not like the original writers are not going to do their work anymore (although i do think some of them need some writing lessons and do some research before post anything) or every dumb news we send are going to be posted i guess there will be some filters, anyways ... this change also means less trolls and about the page design obviously not everyone is going to like it, just give it some time to adapt to it, this same issue happened the last time they changed the design and still here you are.

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Thank you for the feedback. Also, users can post links/stories to other kpop news sites, so that there is more variety. We’re trying to create a more transparent site and experience, so that everyone can focus more on entertainment and conversation, as opposed to fighting and saying we or someone is biased

lmm913 (Banned) 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

Jonis 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I Like it, the site now FASTER !!!

NineMusesMinha 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I read it as welcome to allbtspop xd

tyger11 27 days ago 6
27 days ago

Honestly, by far the best change you could make is to permanently ban the eternal trolls that you have (at least in the past) intentionally allowed to stay on the site.

The next best thing would be to reduce the absolutely INSANE amount of experience-crippling ads on the mobile version of the site (which are far more intrusive than on the desktop). I've not checked the new mobile experience yet, but the desktop experience is working nicely so far (apart from some user pulldown menu options doing nothing currently).

teleri 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Where's our like buttons? I totally agree about banning the really toxic trolls permanently.

Never mind - I figured it out LOL

johnny 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

User experience was the key focus on this design. As for the pull down menu, can you please ellaborate on which menu you are referring to and what the issue? If it’s in regards to the sorting, most of those features are because we just relaunched the site and do not have enough data to properly sort the stories yet.

4 more replies

2fat 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

I think you might lose viewers over this new format. It's not very user friendly.

johnny 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I think it may be a little too early to judge, please give it some more time :

2fat 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Well I don't like it that's one. I come here for news. It look like a forum now instead. I don't always want to comment just skim the news. Oh well there's still always Soompi.

Blacklily96 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

Did one of my comments just not appear? Hmm, either way, to reiterate.

Could someone shed some light on how the community will decide what makes the homepage? Majority rule? upvotes? Any of those two can have adverse effects on the diversity of the homepage, and cause niche type of of articles and news to suffer, i.e. smaller less mainstream groups, and so on, just because of the sheer number of what could be called "mainstream" fans, though it makes sense in terms of ad revenue to focus on what most people want, and that is pretty much BTS articles, Twice articles, Red velvet articles, Big Bang articles, Black Pink and other large groups. Or will there be a priority for the hired writers and their articles?

How will this translate from the forums, as now the homepage will be more like the forums, though the forum will have the diversity(technically though niche and less mainstream discussions also die out faster there.) Either way a risky decision, though perhaps and exciting one.

johnny 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

We have algorithms that take into account upvotes, views, comments, and the rate at which these things happen. Although we can’t reveal our algorithms, they will be tweaked if we notice things are not being curated properly. It’s a process for us, but overtime we’re confident it will help users find the most important stories of the day. We’re also working on new features already that will be rolled out over time to enhance the experience of the site and in order for users to discover stories that are most desired on a user level. As for being a risky decision, perhaps, but we felt this direction is best for what we want to accomplish.

Blacklily96 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

Interesting, thank you for the answer to my worries.

Though it doesn't alleviate all my fears, as from what I understand, there might be cases, where, to put it bluntly fandoms would take action, much like on twitter to make mainly their news come up as the most important news each day, in otherwords make news important to them go viral, to the detriment of other kinds of news, be it from everything to sabotaging someone's comeback news, by downvoting discussions about rival groups, smaller groups.(unless you have a priority system for your hired writers.) But it will still lead most of the news towards what would be important to the most people, which would be to the detriment of fans of smaller groups, or fans of only variety shows and dramas and would like more of that and less of K-pop, whereas obviously the largest part of your user base is fans of K-pop.

Unless I'm utterly misunderstanding you.

3 more replies

JungkookxYonghwa 27 days ago 0

Wow so now it's BAD bad

bangeryun94 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

I like the new look. And I promise to behave.

krell 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

@bangeryun94 <-- Promises! Promises! ... ;)

seochulgoo 26 days ago 1
26 days ago

The new layout is too white. I can't read properly

hiroonakamura 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

white is the worst background color in all webpages! It hurts peoples' eyes!

WolfPup 26 days ago 5
26 days ago

Do the people who run AllKpop even know why so many Kpop fans refuse to read anything posted on this site? This place has one of the worst reputation in the Kpop fandom (along with Koreaboo). How about you simply start being professional and stop posting click-bait fluff bullshit that sensationalizes and exaggerates truths, and hire writers who are actually professional enough to do their due diligence and check facts, check resources, and write in English that's at university level? The number of mistakes found in your articles are just embarrassing, and that's just simple fact-checking and knowing basic information about the artists/groups you write about, and doesn't even include the disgusting and cheap tabloid-styled articles and manufacturing fake drama by scouring the worst comments from K-netz and posting them as if they represent the sentiments of all Korean fans. Clean yourself up and start acting more classy, and maybe you'll be able to repair your reputation.

hiroonakamura 26 days ago 4
26 days ago

any idea on what kpop sites are better?

WolfPup 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

Soompi, Kpopmap, r/kpop (reddit's kpop subreddit)

3 more replies

walkertexasrange 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It's going to get some time to getting used too. But I'll give it a shot before judging

no_its_not_kim 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Oh come on, why are you guys trying to be reddit? now you want user to post content and give you guys the money?

Anpanman 27 days ago 0

Is this

the change you mentioned, akp? I can finally talk to time travelers? The pictures one posts in comments look like shit too

shizun 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

To many complains about the akp authors?

No problem. Akp made you an author too! Ha ha ha!

Let's see if you, who complained, can do it better!

There were some good articles written, but bad too. I was expecting improvement. (will see if this is)

taemkitten 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This is exactly what I thought upon seeing the news about the changes and updates. There have been a lot of complaints about extreme bias lately (which to some extent definitely held water, whether the authors of allkpop wanted it to be there or not) and just as you, expected there to be something happening.

taemkitten 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Alright, found something that bothers me: the sheer lack of proper grammar, professionalism in posts and writing, and actual articles present now that users are writing them instead of the "staff" of allkpop. I've already seen misspelled words and oddly formatted articles, and while I understand this can easily happen, it just exudes amateurish work and even further places allkpop on the "joke gossip site" platform upon which it was rising so quickly.

For the love of all things, check your spelling and your articles before posting. And don't use phrases like "we stan!" in the articles - it's really......cringey.

EDIT: Also, regarding the notifications - there should be a way we can turn them off entirely. Receiving one every time a comment that I have made is getting a vote or a reply is bothersome. I'm sure people like to keep updated with that - understandable - but I don't care one way or the other and would like the option to turn off notifications in this regard (and others).

Settings currently are very limited. Wondering if this is perhaps an update in the works, as I'm aware a lot of this is still technically in a "beta" stage of sorts in proper testing with users etc.

shawolheart 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

I like that AKP is updating but could you at least give us the options to change our emails?

krell 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

(Trolling) ... AKP has NOT finished SELLING ($$$) their current User email addresses ... ;)

shawolheart 26 days ago 0

I'm sorry... what?

pink_oracle 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

What about staff deliberatly trolling artcile comments to antagonise people into posting more, will that stop now?

johnny 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Too bad this is not true. Do you seriously believe these ridiculous conspiracy theories you come up with? It’s pretty absurd how persistent you are in convincing yourself to believe these lies

pink_oracle 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

lol. New look, same old AKP.

birdofparadise82 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Wow... I haven't been on akp for a few years and I finally made a new account and this is reallyyy different, I'm not sure if I like it or not. I suppose they'll change some things soon and make it look better, so let's wait and see.

Festizio 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This is a terrible idea. The writing already left something to be desired, and every comment section devolves into fans and anti-fans fighting each other. Outside of the editorials, this has been a site for news, and it's quickly going to turn either into a complete wasteland or a copy of a Reddit argument thread.
At least make it clear with an icon or something what articles are actually written by staff.
Honestly all I really need is a site with comeback dates so I can order my groups' stuff before it sells out. I don't read Korean and Instagram posts help but they're not perfect. This is literally 90% of what I use AllKpop for and now it's going to get lost in the shuffle.
I'd like to be positive but we've all seen what happens when this kind of choice is made--all of this kind of choice is made--all of us, apparently, except AllKpop.

emmamadison24 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

this is such a downgrade!! How are we supposed to know what's news and what's user articles??? Also, the newsfeed includes everything so people will get lost and think fanfics are actual articles. WTF allkpop??? Could you at lease create one page that's just news and other pages that are user articles??? Can this site get any worse???

u_chia4 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This. Is. Disgusting. I don't like this at all. I liked how I was able to see the major articles and then find all the recent stuff, but this is just one huge mess and it's very displeasing. It makes me not even want to be on here. Maybe it will take some time to get used to, but if you had to ask me. On a scale from 1 to 20 this is a big fat 3.

Emidiva 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

please can you change this layout and all it’s really disturbing.

Biggiecheese_18 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

I think that it's a really bad idea to let anyone make article. As we can already see there already are an article asking for"for what group do you want to see more article" wich will lead to a total spam of the most populars groups, and a really unprofessional article saying a group "made a comeback, y'all sleeping on it".

Leave this to social media, I'm here for to keep updated not see peoples opinions or poorly written articles

vipphu129 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

If you came to allkpop and expected unbiased and well written articles, I have some bad news for ya buddy.

Biggiecheese_18 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Even if everyone love to hate on it, it was doing pretty good before

27 days ago

(Trolling) ... WHAT ??? ... ;)

I need to KNOW which Female K-pop Idol got a BOB HAIRCUT !!! ... ;)

renan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I hope the site will change quickly because it looks horrible right now.

HeyHoonie 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

The comment section looks a mess and so confusing.. my question is: can we sort it as the best or newest first? because I don't see the option here

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It will take some time getting used to it for sure. The sort options are coming soon.

federick 27 days ago 0

Website looks very basic

diamonddust 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I like that the site has been Reddit-ized in looks, but it also looks very plain now. I feel like there needs to be some more red and maybe make more use of the left and right column areas...maybe make a header of tops news or something too.

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Thanks for the feedback. This is the first version of our new site and vision. It will evolve over time, as we implement new features and tweak the appearance. Any suggestions would also help greatly

xEclipse 27 days ago 1

i prefer the old akp

johnny 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

Tyk 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

the new alkp make me dizzy, the old one is easier to read, comment and to know new news and more simple.

Lotus_Shang 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I definitely like the new look. It's very simple and neat and it loads much faster now. But I'm not so sure about people uploading their own content here. I think a lot of trolls will write negative and false articles. I think the admins should read everything first before uploading it to the site.

xhecthor 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Where are the old comments is the old articles? They just dissapeared. Are they lost forever? Why so few comments in the new articles? Where are the haters who made this site funny with their comments? I want my trolls back

way0leto 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

hahahaha.. "I want my trolls back"... i definitely crack up reading your comment

9AF 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I hope this will stop the repetitive trolling and bullying. But the thing I hate most is the racial slurs and ethnicity attacks. I encourage spirited debates but this isn't the place for the aforementioned. I look forward to the improvements.

kk.tsk 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

What's the point of this? It's now looks like subreddit.

StCatMouse 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I think that's what they are aiming for. Even the community-curated articles is very Reddit-like.

ezenk 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

how come i can't seem to view all of the comments on here? it only shows the most recent ones, not all of them

edit: never mind it seems to have fixed itself

johnny 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

Please let us know here if you discover any other issues. Thanks

Yseki 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Artist tags don't work for me, it says file not found.

For example:

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Artist tags are not in place at the moment.

elly2k 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This is the the least user friendly interface I've ever came across.

rairte 27 days ago 0

it's like reddit...

takeheart_bts 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

whoever designed this...there's no order of priority on the page. nothing makes me want to click on it. what are you doing...

bubblebubbles 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

honestly should've just kept it as is because now the site isn't really a news site anymore its more like a forum.."over time we believe our users will vote properly to curate the most important stories of the day" yikes lets see how that goes LOL not to mention the downgraded new format

KHJUSAfan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

That is my biggest fear in this change one garbage site like asian junkie is already one complete garbage site to many. Blogs are not news they are opinions.. when old school news papers printed what is known as op/ed pieces they labled them as such and printed an op/ed from each side of an issue thus letting the reader use thier own judgement to form thier beliefs on an issue.

takeheart_bts 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

SO now you're trying to be pann? get your readers to write your articles? really?

crowboy 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

although i just noticed there is no way to filter comments? you can't view them from top rated or most responded to... only most recent. i feel like it would be nice to have other options (just like reddit lmaooo)

johnny 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

more features will be introduced shortly, including a comment sort feature.

crowboy 27 days ago 0

cool, thanks!

Blacklily96 27 days ago 0

Mixed feelings...

sandybee3 8 days ago 0
8 days ago

Why is it that if i write a comment it won't show up ?

real_hate 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

please add KVARIETY as news category as it was b4

Deansamuel 21 days ago 2
21 days ago

Wjy are "entire" comment section getting deleted is what I don't get.

johnny 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

On the revamp of the site, we moved off of the spot.im platform and built our own comment platform. The old comments are unfortunately lost.

Deansamuel 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

I mean it was a week apart I think it even one day. The East Light I commented the next day everyone's comments were gone

krell 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

Okay, with NOTIFICATIONS ; it *seems* that it is SOLVED now ; the DELETE problem. What worked, with NOTIFICATIONS, was to 'check mark' the 'Mark All' top box. Then, I hit the DELETE button. They ALL did disappear.

Then, I did a BROWSER REFRESH (Reload of the Page), and SOME of the NOTIFICATIONS returned and LISTED again. So, I hit the DELETE button again (the 'mark all' box was still in 'check' mode), they ALL disappeared (again). I did the BROWSER REFRESH, and SOME NOTIFICATIONS returned, but LESS than before. So, I kept REPEATING that sequence of ALL DELETE ; followed by BROWSER REFRESH. And FINALLY, *ALL* of the NOTIFICATIONS now seem DELETED. There is NO 'outstanding' NOTIFICATION 'number' showing anymore. FIRST TIME that I have seen it that way in forever that I can recall it.

johnny 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

We are still working out the glitches. Most of the issues with notifications should now be resolved.

krell 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Okay, for a 'SEARCH' of AKP ARTICLES limited to a (Specified ) K-pop Group ; try this.

(1) Open: GOOGLE Search Homepage

(2) Use: Mamamoo site:www.allkpop.com/article/ ... as input for the GOOGLE Search 'Box'

(3) Then: Click (Menu) TOOLS ('Button' ; far right) ; and set "Any Time" and "All Results" filters as desired.

To create a GOOGLE 'shortcut' for the Browser Address input 'box' -->

Which would List AKP ARTICLES over ONE MONTH by RELEVANCE for MAMAMOO Group.
Again, you can alter the GOOGLE Search settings ('Past Month' ; 'Relevance') as desired.

AKP *NEWS* ARTICLES, sorted in a *NEWEST* (Lastest First) manner.

Using (URL above) this 'shortcut' (Browser Address input) would

'save' having to 'reset' the AKP filters somewhat (most likely).

The 'Red Check Mark' (Icon) = AKP WRITER (Employee) posted ARTICLE.

zero_red 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

so this isn't about the site itself but im wondering if the allkpop staff ever decided to bring back allkpop allstar? i really like the game and hope that the project wasn't completely scraped. if it was it would like to know what languages are needed to work on it and maybe hope i could be a part of the development process

johnny 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

Unfortunately, that game will not be returning at this point.

anakpakamid_123 24 days ago 3
24 days ago

i'm not quite like it. i need to always choose sort by news in order to get new info not like old one since it default sort by Best...

krell 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

AKP has stated that the ARTICLE *FILTERS* need to be improved. So that is a priority for AKP.

anakpakamid_123 23 days ago 1
23 days ago

thanks for reply. i will wait patiently. i don't want to abandon AKP TT___TT. Follow AKP since 2010...good luck AKP

krell 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Use this suggestion (URL above) for a 'SEARCH' of AKP ARTICLES limited to a (Specified ) K-pop Group

Antigone 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

how about bringing back a tag page? I’m only interested in bts and i’d like to click on one tagg to have bts articles by order of release displayed.

Btw i’m not convinced at all with the down/up voting content part at all, you’ll play exactly into fan wars and I think you already know it. A few days ago kpop fans from all around had a party wishing mass genocide on any and all armys. Armys declared that day our indendance from kpop fandoms and genre. As we all know that these petty jealousy war lead by trolls and people acting as fan trolling on both sides, how do you think the quality and professionalism your claiming to have in mind will play when all fandoms join to mass downvote bts content? Is this becoming live journal ohmonatheydidn’t with the capacity to turn into full fandom war by giving them the means to make content virtually disappear by mass downvoting

krell 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

The AKP SEARCH input 'box' (big one across the top) will do that SOMEWHAT via GOOGLE Search. And JOHNNY (AKP) has stated that the 'LISTING of AKP ARTICLES' via ARTIST TAGS feature (activation of it) is a priority to get it working.

Antigone 23 days ago 1
23 days ago

i saw that shit it’s absolute trash. If I want to google something why would I do that in akp search bar? Like, what kind of nonsense is this

krell 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

My URL (above) describes how to use GOOGLE Search in an 'Artists Tag' modification situation.

NOT saying that you have to like it much. NOT clear to me why that the ARTIST TAG Listing for ARTICLES is not working yet. I am only another AKP user here ... ;)

Menece 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

2 things a don't like at the moment but I hope to see it asap.
1.- The Edit comment was remove so now People(trolls, haters) can write a good nice comment get upvoted and edit their comment to a not very nice comment(a very rude one)

2.- Profile check remove, you can't check the profile of any user(useful to detect trolls) and people will exploit that.`

johnny 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

1. we're still deciding on how to handle.

2. profile pages will be back.

krell 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I see the 'RED CHECK MARK' Icon that designates AKP WRITERS (Employees) ARTICLE postings.

But also, you should SAY plainly at the TOP MENU what the Icon means --> (-/) = AKP Employee

Otherwise, New AKP Users will have a 'time lag' in figuring that out.

Again, a User *FILTER* that would list ONLY the 'Red Check' AKP Employee ARTICLES would be appreciated.

But THANKS for the 'RED CHECK MARK' Icon ; it is a minimum acceptable solution.

krell 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Okay, on this AKP Writer ARTICLE posted story (URL above), IF I click in the INPUT BOX to try to create a NEW COMMENT (Thread), it (in error) opens a NEW TAB in my Browser with the same AKP ARTICLE contents. So, it is like the HTML got 'corrupted' somehow. NOT sure IF you would see this same situation too. I am NOT seeing this problem (corrupted HTML) on any other AKP Writer ARTICLES so far.

hiroonakamura 26 days ago 1
26 days ago

how can i make the comments be shown on most upvoted comments first?

johnny 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

That is a sort option that will be coming soon

hiroonakamura 26 days ago 1
26 days ago

i don't want to read fangirl articles ffs. Any article about a big group will easily make it to the main page.
What a worthless idea!

You should spend more time fixing your comment notification system instead.

johnny 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

the allkpop staff is still publishing articles the same way as before this update.

taemkitten 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

You may want to highly consider using the following coding in your element styles regarding the image that shows up for the article preview. It would stop the hideous stretching and distortion of the images and make the site look a lot more professional and presentable:

object-fit: cover;

Kjustice 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

It's simple. There's no those annoying gif in the middle of news list. Comment section is back for good too, that ensure only register one can post their comment. Good. The only that need reevaluate is that every register member can make a post. Better if you ask for volunteer as site moderator or so.

FMJay 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

I like the new sight, was really wishing you posted more news about H.O.T's comeback, without them there wouldn't be KPOP as we know it

27 days ago

(Trolling) ... @johnny (AKP) needs a BOB HAIRCUT ; why should HYORI have all the fun? ... ;)

northstars 27 days ago 1

The website looks good.

walkertexasrange 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I like the clean look. Just getting used to it since only been a day. Time will tell if this new style is better than the old style

taepotato 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

Did they take away the chats???

krell 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

Yes, that AKP CHAT feature was a 'Custom Add-On' by AKP. It appears that THIS current AKP ARTICLES software has a PRIVATE MESSAGING feature already 'bulit in' with it. It appears to be some kind of PACKAGE SOFTWARE (like say AKP FORUMS side is using XENFORO software package) that AKP is customizing it. Wish someone would say just what the SOFTWARE PACKAGE is.

I_Watch_Hentai 27 days ago 0

oooo it's a MYSTERY! ooooooo

johnny 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

it’s called the allkpop software package

27 days ago

THANKS for the reply. You can DEFER to answer on this, NOT really my business to know it.

I am WONDERING if AKP like paid ($$$) a DEVELOPER (software ; OUTSIDE Tech Firm) to create something CUSTOM for AKP ARTICLES side specifically? OR maybe you took something (software) that was already 'Public Domain' somehow, and customized that? This is strictly a curiosity situation for me. I guess what I am asking, is IF that this AKP ARTICLES Server Software that you are NOW using it, is a 'ONE of a KIND' type situation? Anyway, I do see definite UPSIDE (IMPROVEMENT POTENTIAL) in what you are doing it. I was NOT ever all that 'taken' with the SPOT.IM 'plugin' COMMENTS situation. SPOT.IM was 'okay' at best to me. But the SPOT.IM 'animations' were a BIG drag on CPU usage (my view) for the CLIENT side AKP Users.

KoShinwon 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

first y'all delete my joke posts and then y'all ban me from using the forums even though i wasnt even posting to the forums? could someone at least contact me about this?

Forgotten_sons 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

going to take time getting use to this format like old one better

hyukki 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It will take a little bit of getting used to:

crazy_parrot 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

i like the changes. It is faster using my phone to browse this site.

emmamadison24 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

The reason why its faster is because they deleted the old posts and ads that were taking up so much space. If they just did that with the old interface this site would be great! They just ruined it by making it a user-news-site.

27 days ago

Okay, BUT the SPOT.IM Messaging (AKP COMMENTS ; Old System) 'plugin' was a CPU 'hog' all the way. Those SPOT.IM *animations* ; for the 'shared' TYPING and POSTING ('pop up' CONTENT of a New Message posted by ANOTHER AKP User) ; were NOT needed. So, you had the AKP *Advertising Load* ; and also additional the *SPOT.IM Load* ; and it was TOO MUCH overall (my view). But you are CORRECT, that the *AKP ADVERTISING Load* will RETURN to slow things down somewhat in the future. But personally, I will NOT miss the SPOT.IM Comments 'plugin' situation with AKP under the Old System.

27 days ago

Yes, the SPOT.IM Messaging situation (OLD AKP) was a SLOW Load, SLOW Response, and CPU 'Hog' situation.

In particular, the SPOT.IM 'animation feature' (showed TYPING from OTHER AKP USERS) was a CPU usage 'killer.'

One WONDERS how MANY AKP Users did CRASH from the 'overload' of the SPOT.IM situation (OLD AKP).

jasque 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Johnny I love you and ghostwriter

27 days ago

IF this NEW AKP ARTICLES would allow me to BLOCK MESSAGES from certain other 'UNIQUE AKP Users' that I hold them in 'Deep Esteem' ; THAT would be APPRECIATED MUCH as a FEATURE. Of course, *NOBODY* would ever choose to BLOCK ME with such a FEATURE ... ;)

I would even 'settle' for a situation where CERTAIN chosen UNIQUE AKP User Messages would ALL Display to me in the COLLAPSED MODE (the RED color [+] ICON situation). I mean, the MODE where you CLICK on the (left side) 'Red Line' that runs the length of a Message that is posted here, and it changes to the COLLAPSED MODE. THAT way, IF I wanted to see what say (Pick your AKP User) did say it, I would need to CHOOSE to CLICK on the [+] ICON for that Message Content.

VenusMiranda 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

The layout is really ugly. I think is the first thing to improve.

robin1 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

MeAnotherself 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

So it's just going to be like the forums side?

Luxorris 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I like this ''Reddit look'' it's way more clear and I hope this new site won't bug as much as older.

its_ok_ay 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I definitely prefer the old comment section, but overall, the site looks better

PandaPB 27 days ago 0

looks ugly

TiffanyYoungFlop 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Waste of time. That doesn’t help with people making spam accounts and so on. Even though anons have their comments, it’s still a view whether a positive or a negative. Making an account seems like an extra step for them but they’ll still do it. The forums still looks like a toxic mess so no different there. And also people seriously believe allkpop will stop with the bias of BTS, Blackpink and Twice? Those articles generates more views than any other ones. They won’t stop with clickbaits and making dramas. It’s their speciality

GreenPoop 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Based on your name, you're one of them?

Queen4L 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I stopped using this website because of how biased they were when it came to that bts group, and their fandom, but hopefully the new changes will improve things. I'm still not a fan of letting everyone post because, there are way to many immature fans. I really like the design and layout, it's so simple, but we just have to see how this goes.

sachimi 27 days ago 1

RIP AKP.

sachimi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It just looks like a boring version of the already crap site BoredPanda.

SharCx 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

so basically this site has become Reddit. All comments seem to have been deleted from older articles, some people had hundreds of comments and made an account in order to save them. now it's all wiped, all that effort just gone. i already use Reddit for its more formal and quality + moderated discussion. AKP was for the more loose discussion and some of the things ive seen on here were fucking hilarious. also it doesnt help that the comments look like facebook, I despise that shit

GramStan 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I had thousands of comments. Why would I care if they're wiped? I've forgotten the majority of them anyway.

SharCx 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

remembering old comments or not isn't the point. most of the time you can get more details or clarification in the comment section. those who visit older articles wont see that anymore

xhecthor 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

And what happened with the articles making lists of something, for example: "9 Awesome Intro Tracks You Need to Hear Now!". Did you erased those old articles? I was saving the link to some of them to watch the videos when I had more time to do it.

johnny 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

Slide shows are gone at the moment, but we will update those to bring them back.

GreenPoop 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

No offense, but you also need fix your writers. Many of them are bias and have favoritism. Nothing wrong with that, but just keep it to themselves. That's why fanwars always escalating.

xhecthor 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Ok. Thanks. I hope they really come back soon.

9AF 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I know it's probably up to the producers of the clips, mini-films, and other videos, but is there a way that AKP can provide more translations? A lot are in Korean when you click CC but not many in English.

bigsuper501 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

This is going to be a mess.... Even though there were flaws before, I thought it was better than just letting anyone write. I'm glad we're testing new things but we'll see. btw the formating of the site looks like it got a down grade. I actually really like what the visuals of the site looked like before this.

KHJUSAfan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

like for any article a story should be vetted and refrenced. thats a given. as long as you use current and not out dated refrences with faulty translations and storys are factual does it mater who writes them?

Elf_lover 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I'm always open to new changes and ideas to make something better or more innovative, but sometimes the changes are not alway for the better. It just makes it more confusing or worse than before. Tbh, the site needed a fresher look. It will be interesting to see how it is received by the users. The option of users being able to post their own content could be interesting though.

StCatMouse 27 days ago 7
27 days ago

"...meaning that any reader can now be an author and post interesting K-Pop content onto the allkpop website."

I'm not too sure about this one. Some intrepid user will find a way to game the system and troll but that's just the cynic in me. I'm all about curation but there has to be visible moderation from AKP themselves to discourage ill-written articles. Anyway, it's too early to shout doom and gloom and I'll just wait and see.

I like the new look - it's simple and clean. Would it be possible to have a night mode later on?

Suggestion: If AKP can do it, don't ban trolls outright, shadow ban them instead. It would still allow them to post but nobody can see it. It will work for a time before the troll realizes nobody sees his posts and creates another account. It delays the inevitable.

johnny 27 days ago 6
27 days ago

We will be moderating, and have bigger plans for this later on. As for night mode, yes, it’s in the plans as well

StCatMouse 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Transparency in moderation please. You will get a lot of flack definitely but there needs to be a public-facing staff in the comment section.

StCatMouse 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

By the way, I tried downvoting a post just to test and it still shows 1 (shouldn't it show -1?) and there's no cancel button if I suddenly decided to not push through with my post.

4 more replies

Yseki 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I was wondering if the community or AKP staff could come up with more detailed guidelines for posting, than the five rules on the side. Also I feel like someone should moderate or look over the posts. I can see there being problems with duplicate posts and miss information. I feel like misinformation that is spicy will get a lot of votes so I don't really think collective voting alone is the best way of determining the best content.

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Thanks for your feedback. We will create a more detailed guide in the upcoming days. To answer your other questions, our staff will be monitoring new posts, but the report feature on all posts is another way for users to flag questionable content to bring to our attention.

As for the process in which stories are curated, there are many factors, however we will be reviewing these constantly to make sure the system isn’t gamed.

WNter 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Seems like the end of AKP

yooonoon 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It’s a weird and ugly design.. like the old in

sugarslice 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

Definitely the best iteration of AKP throughout the years. F*!# the haters. They hate without trying or knowing anything. Brainless groupthink npc’s

I_Watch_Hentai 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

AW look at this! Koreaboos now have their very own REDDIT!

This is complete bs btw. Removing anonymous comments is compete BULLSHIT

Jichuchi 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Anonymous just invites trolls and makes them powerful. There were these constant toxic trolls abusing anonymous and it got way out of hand.

pink_oracle 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

No, death to trolls who have no courage!

kyunyan 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

If you have an account you shouldn't be upset by that, is good because keeps trolls away...

4 more replies

27 days ago

Extremism in the Defense of *AS(S)TERISKS* is NOT a VICE ...

And Moderation in Disdane for *AKP TROLLS* is NOT a VIRTUE ... ;)

For 2020 USA President ... Vote *KRELL* !!! ... ;)

I *agree* that the previous SPOT.IM Messaging was a (time wasting) LONG HEAVY LOADING and CPU 'hog' situation. But I will MISS being able to be ANONYMOUS and post messages. My STALKERS (AKP 'Fans') will more easily locate me (again) ... ;) ... Sorry to disappoint, I was NOT ever BANNED on the AKP ARTICLES side here ... ;)

I do LIKE the HTML [ <> ] and SPOILER [ (\) ] Menu Options. Will be INTERESTING to see what all can be done with them. Is there support REFERENCE material for this? For example, on the AKP *FORUMS* side, they are using XENFORO software. Which uses BBCode, and XENFORO has REFERENCE support material for the BBCoding options that you can READ it. More to the point, is this 'New AKP Look' using some kind of similar XENFORO type software that you are 'customizing' it? If so, could you NAME that SOFTWARE, as a time saver for me.

And, on the Message Menu, there is NOT a 'button' for using *Snarky* EMOTICONS in these Messages here ... ;) ... In particular, I would like a 'JAP BATTLE FLAG' EMOTICON, in 'Honor' of TIFFANY (SNSD) ... ;)

As curiosity, does this current 'New AKP' ARTICLES situation support BETTER the MANY OS (Windows, Android, more) that use this AKP website? The OLD AKP setup (with SPOT.IM) was NOT so good in my view for that (Multiple OS).

Anyway, I see this 'New AKP' ARTICLES as having the POTENTIAL to be BETTER than the 'old' that it is replacing.

_Jarhon 27 days ago 8
27 days ago

Ahahahha what a load of horseshit :D

So "cooperative space" ... which means that not only were your articles before utterly void of professionalism and quality, but now you'll actually let delusional stans to write your content for you so you can cut operating expenses.

Furthermore, what we'll be getting is westernized bullshit fans view of Korean ent news, instead of actual journalist or or Korean writers who know the language and the culture intimately and can give us quality content.

And it already has also that "safe space" vibe to it, meaning that any kind of serious discussion and opinions will be censored like it's on the cancerous forum side which has been dying a slow death for YEARS now.

Talk about LACK of vision. I hope nobody was paid real life money for this nonsense :D

johnny 27 days ago 7
27 days ago

We are not cutting any operating expenses. Our writers will be reporting as usual, in addition to the community who can post along with them. Ultimately the community will decide which stories deserve to make it to the homepage. Thanks for your feedback though.

Blacklily96 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It's great that it will continue as it it was, though through time and experience with occasionally reading the comment section, I'm not sure the community deserves to decide what makes it to the homepage. I imagine that there's a system for it, but if there's a factor of majority decides, what makes it to the homepage, then there will ultimately be a huge bias towards certain type of news and discussion. Certainly it's a way to guarantee clicks, due to the news being catered towards the majority group, but I have the imagined(perhaps real) fear that more niche news will utterly disappear from the homepage or merely be drowned out in user content.

If we could get some insight into what kind of system you have to decide what appears on the homepage or not, it would perhaps alleviate some of that fear.

_Jarhon 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

Sure thing buddy, just now there was an "article" up with clickbait headline "jimin uses N-word" with 3 videos of their favorite idol MVs...

that "cooperation" working so well.

5 more replies

JoanaIsHere 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

this is exactly like the forums and I love it

johnny 27 days ago 7
27 days ago

Just to clarify, nothing is changing on our end in terms of reporting and news coverage. Our inhouse staff will be doing business as usual. We will be making some modifications to easily spot staff articles, as the general consensus seems to want that.

As for the posting of content from users, yes anyone can post. However that doesn’t mean all stories will receive high visibility. Once the amount of content being posted increases, the difficulty for low quality articles to reach the homepage becomes exponentially harder. In addition, staff will be monitoring articles being posted.

We are also allowing users to do link posts, as in post stories from other kpop media sources and linking to them. All of these options are built into the posting platform. This will allow a greater variety of articles and the community will be able to determine which story/news article is the best. This is a good thing as we will be competing with other outlets and will keep us in check as well.

I know everyone hates change, but over the next few weeks if things go as planned, I’m pretty positive that everyone will love the new system and it will be a better way to find the best content and stories.

sachimi 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

It just looks like a boring version of the already crap site BoredPanda.

Arzach95 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

Yeah trusting the "mature" users to not be biased is completely delusional , the toxic comment section was actually produced because anyone could anonymously post anything, authenticated users discourage a little that "bravery" of being anonymous and that cannot be banned, leading to less toxic comments

2 more replies

johnny 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

no.. once is enough, thanks for your input.

27 days ago

I see this as having POTENTIAL to be BETTER than the OLD (SPOT.IM) situation. I respect that there is AKP Management recognition that there were some PROBLEMS with the OLD AKP ARTICLES situation. BUT, you need to create a FILTER that does LIST *ALL* and *ONLY* the AKP WRITER (Employee) posted ARTICLES. And does NOT LIST with those AKP EMPLOYEE ARTICLES, the AKP USER ones 'mixed in' with them.

jasque 27 days ago 0