Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 20 days ago

A Spanish magazine outrages fans by mocking Jonghyun's death in a satirical comic on the K-pop industry

Jonghyun, Jonghyun
Spanish weekly magazine, El Jueves, has outraged K-pop fans with inappropriate content.

According to a Twitter user, CintiaDero, El Jueves recently published a satirical comic strip about the K-pop industry. It touched upon sensitive topics of sexual abuse, exploitation, and depression in the K-pop scene. It also criticized the K-pop idols' styles and performances, as well as their fandom.

The part that angered fans the most is how El Jueves mocked the death of SHINee's Jonghyun. The character with pink hair resembles "an idol that killed himself at age 27 after not being able to cope with the pressure of the industry." His bubble reads, "At 27! Just like my buddies Jimi Hendrix, Janis, Jim Morrison, Kurt...!"

Jimi Hendrix, Janis, Jim Morrison, and Kurt (Cobain) are artists who have died at the age of 27.

Other characters in the comic are seen saying, "Call security...! A nobody is trying to sneak into the '27 Club'."

The comic also often uses the word "Pinypons" to describe K-pop stars. Pinypons are plastic toy dolls. The nicknaming seems to imply that K-pop artists are plastic, mass-produced dolls.

In reaction to the comic, K-pop fans have created a petition on Change.org to shut down the magazine. Around 28,000 fans have left signatures as of this writing.
172 Share 93% Upvoted

VenusMiranda 20 days ago 6
20 days ago

That's just............................ I don't even have words.

hohliu 20 days ago 5
20 days ago

Instead of everyone just getting upset on AKP comment box, I strongly suggest, one of the AKP admin can start a petition: Draft a letter of complaint thru AKP, we can sign a petition and send to the magazine. We have Spanish readers, I am sure they can get the email address for the media to raise our complaint. This can be done from all AKP readers/members on behind of Kpop and Jonghyun's. We all sign the potition form to demand a apology for their nasty journalism, then they know Kpop fans are not to be messed around with. Sorry, my English is not strong so I cannot draft the letter but I am happy to sign the Petition.

Update: Petition is up to sign now!!!

ReVELuv_Rookie 19 days ago 4
19 days ago

where can I find the petition?

4 more replies

birdofparadise82 20 days ago 14
20 days ago

What the fuck is wrong with those people? This isn't satire, this is just ignorance and stupidity.

hohliu 20 days ago 13
20 days ago

Instead of everyone just complainting on AKP comment box, I strongly suggest, one of the AKP admin can start a petition: Draft a letter of complaint thru AKP, we can sign a petition and send to the magazine. We have Spanish readers, I am sure they can get the email address for the media to raise our complaint. This can be done from all AKP readers/members on behind of Kpop and Jonghyun's. We all sign the potition form to demand a apology for their nasty journalism, then they know Kpop fans are not to be messed around with. Sorry, my English is not strong so I cannot draft the letter but I am happy to sign the Petition.

Kurapikaaa 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

Hohliu, your suggestion was good but unfortunately, the way you asked was very patronising. Telling people to stop complaining and demanding that they do something that you are unwilling or incapable of doing yourself is kinda lame. " Stop complaining and do that thing for me ". Yikes

2 more replies

birdofparadise82 20 days ago 7
20 days ago

Or just inform SM about it. If a big company contacts them about it, they'll be afraid of lawsuits etc, so they would apologize faster.

7 more replies

2 more replies

LittleSukie 20 days ago 9
20 days ago

Wow, each day we hit a new low as human race.Moral and ethics are lost on us. Who in the right mind can think that somebody's death is an appropriate theme for a satire. What the heck??? They deserve to be shut down. This is horrible and beyond disrespectful. And to refer to Jonghyun as "nobody????" He maybe was not known to the whole world but he was never a "nobody." First of all he wass somebody's son, brother, friend, before he was a celebrity.

Alastair 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

But they're not making fun of his death tho? They're using it to show that even though Jonghyun died, a member of one the biggest groups in Korea, the industry has seen no change to remedy one of the many factors that led him to kill himself. If anything, they're making fun of the industry but not him actually dying. I do understand if you don't like him being called a nobody, but again, they're not making fun of his death. Did you read the comic? Or are you going off the original's tweets emotions?

krell 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

I did UP VOTE you. But also, TABLOID 'Journalism' of this kind, is 'with us' to stay. The UK (nation) is rather famous for it, their nasty TABLOIDS. The USA has them too. In a way, it is a COMPLIMENT to K-pop Music. Five years ago, nobody in any EURO nation would have bothered to have a CLUE as to how to 'rip up' some deceased K-pop Idol. NOT saying that you have to like it though.

2 more replies

cpttsubasa 19 days ago 4
19 days ago

"Wow, each day we hit a new low as human race.Moral and ethics are lost on us."

You seriously say this over a satire? You must be another ignorant asshole without moral or ethics. You are no better than those cartoonists.

Still the 3rd most liked comment here? Yes, you humans are really shit. You retards will destroy the only world we have and blame others for it.

There is no hope for our children.

4 more replies

Soopa_Koopa 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

You don't even have to be a fan of Kpop to know this is just fucked up. Not to mention, idol life wasn't the only thing affecting Jonghyun. This article could have made a real statement about the downsides of the K-pop industry, but their lack of research and petty attitude towards this piece makes them look 0% credible.

KpopDani 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Like I get dark humour but that wasn't even funny

borahae 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

wtf? I know people who work for news outlets would do almost anything to get some buzz but this is plain moronic and insensitive. they should not shut down the magazine but they should fire dumbfucks who came up with this comic.

Anpanman 20 days ago 30
20 days ago

Haha depression and industry problems, let's take a real person who passed away after years of having struggled with depression, and mock his pain in our shitty comic.

Whoever made it is a piece of shit

kizaru_hijin 20 days ago 29
20 days ago

once again, ironic thing you do here longan lychee, a sexist scum who wishes all male celebrities to die and was even happy, when jonghyun died...youre even a worse piece of shit than these people...

Anpanman 20 days ago 28
20 days ago

Wat? Seek help, sick fuck. Like..how do you even find my comments? Do ya go though every news in hopes of seeing me or what?

28 more replies

TaeMinSeokJin 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

This is one of the worst, most racist things I've seen in a long time. One of the worst panels is this one:

Not only is it offensive to the K-Pop industry, but it's completely offensive to the fans too. It makes us look stupid and naive. "But I will get all the merch if you manufacture another one just like him." Not one K-Pop idol can just be replaced by another. It just doesn't work like that. From another news source, I also found this:

The comments about the Spice Girls are absolutely racist too. I don't know where any artist would get the idea that this was ok. And I understand that "you can tell these (idols) apart by their hair..." jokingly means that they look the same, a common phrase non-K-Pop fans say. But that is offensive to everyone. I hope nothing like this happens again. So horrible.

jox 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

but its true, he died and nothing changed.

u just replacing it with ntc 27 or any other group.

BangtanVIP 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

this is not funny. I still remember the day he died and I did not forget that. Basically every show business is cruel and hard to deal with. Its not just Kpop. With fame there is a lot about depression, pressure and more. I also once read that depression is in its highest state at the age of 27 that's why they call it the club 27. A lot of people don't overcome that.

pink_oracle 20 days ago 3
20 days ago

Disgusting, it's fine for them to mock us, we know the industry is flawed. But to call someone who dies tragically a nobody as if their life's worth is equal to their notoriety. Disgusting is the only word for it.

hohliu 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

Instead of everyone just complaining on AKP comment box, I strongly suggest, one of the AKP admin can start a petition: Draft a letter of complaint thru AKP, we can sign a petition and send to the magazine. We have Spanish readers, I am sure they can get the email address for the media to raise our complaint. This can be done from all AKP readers/members on behind of Kpop and Jonghyun's. We all sign the petition form to demand a apology for their nasty journalism, then they know Kpop fans are not to be messed around with. Sorry, my English is not strong so I cannot draft the letter but I am happy to sign the Petition.

krell 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

The AKP ARTICLE ; last line of it ; the "red letters" ; click there for PETITION that you want it.

hohliu 20 days ago 0

I just saw it too.

hafsanw 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I saw an article he wrote about Jonghyun and 27 club a couple days after he passed away, I shared it but only a few shawols noticed it. I swear I can’t find anything funny about this. How can you make fun of a suicide...

chaoticoconut 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

wow that's gross. idk why western media is so desperate to go after this story and get it all wrong in the process.

crowboy 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

To be honest I'm not mad at Western media reporting the news. When they get it wrong... I understand that they get a lot of facts wrong, they get a lot of simple things wrong. I think they should definitely fact check and image check but I'm often more disappointed than angry.

This comic wasn't a simple mistake. I mean, it was a mistake, but the author and artist actually thought it was a legitimately good idea. I still don't know if I should be angry or if I should still just be disappointed; how pathetic can you be to put your time and effort into something as shitty and cruel as this?

krell 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

That was fairly well said ; did UP VOTE you.

TABLOID 'Journalism' = ANYTHING for a BUCK ($$$) ... ;)

FriedChickenLove 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

This isn't satire, this is a bunch of edgelords trying to get a rise.

StCatMouse 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

Unfortunately it's working.

Mergs 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

This makes me so fucking mad. Jonghyun was a person. I don't care about your opinion on on the Kpop industry. Whether it's manufactured or not. At the end of the day these idols are people, not robots with different hair colors. Living breathing HUMANS WITH EMOTIONS. No one can replace another human fucking being.

hohliu 20 days ago 0

Link is up now.

melinadlugay 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

I'm Spanish and this magazine is very famous for it's outrageous and political jokes that are always in bad taste. I agree that it shouldn't be considered humor, but it's useless trying to get the magazine closed. They have had hundreds of controversies in the past and haven't closed yet, so they're not going to close because the K-pop community gets offended.

hohliu 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Petition is up now to sign

peladocarlos 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Other than the disrispectful way they treated JH's death, I don't see anything wrong with this. Those are everyday KPop facts...

GhostVIP 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

I'm Spanish. First of all, i would like to say that i don't like this or any other type of black humor, like this magazine always does. Nevertheless, to say politically incorrect things is part of the freedom of expression of every human. That's why i'm against the shutdown of magazines like El Jueves or Charlie Hebdo, as much as i don't like what they do. And that's why El Jueves won't shutdown. It doesn't matter how many people sign the petition. Spanish laws protect that freedom, just like the laws of most of the european countries, and the laws of the Europe Union.

krell 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Ideally, BANKRUPTCY would shut down TABLOID style 'press' magazines. Of course, it NEVER does.

Which, is NOT quite reassuring in certain ways ... ;)

aylmao 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

eh, they have a good point, the kpop insdustry is fucked

kazuyakamenashi 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

this piece was terrible BUT it did get the desired effect, be it satire or something else. It got your attention and it alarmed and disgusted you. What it says about the entertainment industry and how idols are treated like products just look at the video of a ceo beating an employee posted on akp then the who east light issue, the over sexualization of idols+ boyfriend fantasies that prevent dating edawn hyuna. Plus how mental health here in Korea is still treated like a joke

And yeah what it said about fans is sadly true. As a Korean man i don't understand why fangirls are so possessive over idols and blind to reality. They complain about their idol not getting good treatment like music deals etc, yet still support the company. It's like apple fans they see hear and read about the company's anti consumer practices and downright screwing them over but instead of protesting by not giving them money they keep buying the stuff so the company never changes. Example sm did something where people had to buy 1k$ phone to get into the venue instead of voting with your wallet =boycott they keep buying stuff encouraging them to keep fucking you over companies understand one thing Money don't give them money they will change, keep giving them money and they won't change.

Also im surprised this waz covered as this magazine was eons old and now akp talks about it

aldebaran 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

kpop fans again making a petition to make people unnemployed, how new... it has to be some kind of fetish at this point

mikesim 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I think they hit a nerve with most Kpop fans tbh. They aren't just outraged because Jonghyun was mentioned, they are outraged because it highlights their part in his pain and eventual decision. Fans fuel the very industry that put the immense pressure on him. Fans who continue to buy up every piece of merchandise they can find, funding these companies to keep doing the same thing they have always done.

brc 16 days ago 1
16 days ago

Okay, I'm from Spain, let me explain. First of all, you won´t even touch their hair with that petty petition, they are El Jueves, a satirical magazine since 1977, which had mock, the govermnet, the royalty, religion to entertain and inform, they had been sue a million times so they don't give a fuck, they are probably laughing at you because you confirmed their imaged of fandom they portrait in the comic, crying little babies. They never said that suicide was funny, or ok, they were talking about the preassure of the industry, they don´t investigate in depth beacuse they don´t want it, they need a magazine a week so they wont stay a month researching every detail of the situation about the suicide. And to the people who are saying they are racist i don´t see how, i really don't, maybe I'm racist too. So grow a little, don´t get triggered so easy and just let it be, because you are only proving them how inmature and stupid you are.

luisru 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Amén, herman@

NemuriNezumi 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

first of all, I don't think what the comic artist did was correct

that said, if anyone truly thinks the magazine is gonna close just for that.... might as well be blunt, they're only gonna takes this as free promotion :/ (even if the signatures reaches +1.000.000)

I mean, if they pretty much let the catalan separatist criticize, insult, adoctrinate and call beasts at the rest of the spanish population (and we have it even worse the more than 50% that doesn't want the independence), do you honestly think they're gonna act for that...? .-.

Stefano_italy 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

It must be another of those magazines like "charlie hebdo" made by sub humans with no neurons, no blood in the veins, that like to joke with other's death and sufference.

NekoMinSeo 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I actually agree with the points this magazine is trying to get across, believe it or not some people are THAT naive to not realize how it works, but the way they dehumanized Jonghyun is just going WAY too far. Also, let's not lie to eachother, the magazine won't close just because our feelings got hurt. These sort of magazines feed off controversy and we just have to deal with it.

partyfan2013 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Um, in other simple words here, it truly appears that both Korean and international Shawols were rightfully offended after hearing about the problematic comic. And with that being said, instead of either being silent or just considering delivering a very half-hearted apology, well, I believe that it's best if the Spanish magazine in question can just go ahead and deliver a very, very, very sincere apology and vow to NEVER EVER EVER EVER let anything like this happen again sometime in the very near future.

Oh_welll 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

They were dead wrong here.

Mocking Kpop I can understand because people make fun of what they dont know all the time. But mocking a suicide victim is beyond me.

I read some posts on twitter about racism toward asians in the cartoon. I hope everybody who is going to weep and cry about some unknow failed cartoonist displaying racism in a spanish newspaper in an unknown part to Spain even to spanish people will fight as much when their *faves* #bias display racism. Because selective outrage is why no one takes anything seriously these days. Even the death of a young man whose country's lack of mental health lead him to kill himself.

That being said, I wonder who reads that news paper ?? No one under 45 probably.

krell 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

LOL ... (Trolling) ... IVANKA TRUMP (K-pop Fan) ... ;) ... Actually, NO IDEA here!

thesiiiiickest 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

It hasn't even been a year yet.. imagine how his family would feel if they saw this... It's just morally repulsive

T_Jazz 20 days ago 6
20 days ago

Sadly, it's the creator's opinion. Other than his rip on Jonghyun, I could agree with everything he depicted. However, mass outrage will only bring him/her more (undeserved) attention. Leave it alone. Some things are better left ignored. Without an audience, he can't sell.

krell 20 days ago 5
20 days ago

Basically, you have a TABLOID News Publication TROLLING K-pop Fans for 'attention getting' purposes.

To some extent, they succeeded in doing that. What else is new? ... ;)

hohliu 20 days ago 4

4 more replies

Forgotten_sons 20 days ago 0

fucking disgusting

Sissya89 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

are they insane?? They don't have respect for him. Shame on them!!!

Nanaxxxx 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

... Did they suggest that he killed himself 'at the right age' to become more famous? Wtf.

edurance 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

i am from spain and i know that magazine... they could have criticised kpop industry and being funny about it without mocking someone's death :(

krell 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

They get 'NOTICED' by being scummy though.

Kosmo_Lap 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

The part about the fans feeding the industry is true though. Just look at the comments in here.

piccuchi 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

Here is the original. I agree it is disgraceful to do this, but it is also to post something without their original source

jox 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

everything they say is true

is not mocking.

Xiyima 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Hello there. I'm from Spain. This magazine is like the Charlie Hebdo one in France, it's satirical. Try reading it ironically...

They are basically saying that an industry as massive as the Kpop one is exploiting the artists and that fans are the ones supporting that industry. They talk about how idols are mass produced as objects and sexualized for their fans. Really read what is said there, it's an aggressive critique on how things are and the fact that a 27yr old guy committed suicide because he couldn't cope with the pressure.

flowerkaiju 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I signed the petition and donated $5 to spread the word. I feel like this is the very least I can do for Jonghyun. I have so much feelings and so many words I can go on a rant and say everything but all I'm going to do it fight for this magazine to be removed and pray. Jonghyun was such a soft, beautiful person that will forever be in our hearts. Let's do our best to honor him and stop people from saying such nasty, ugly things.

jiay_uo 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

woah bitch u wanna go this way? u dont ever mock a person's death. have u never had decent education?

btsxexoxnox1 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

If you see anything related that is like this for any groups be sure to send it into SM Judicial team so the artist/ owner can pay the price and get what they deserve!

email: judicial@smtown.com (try using hangul in 'subject' so you catch their eyes first.)

Shakey_24 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

this is so wrong.......i don't even have the words

Alastair 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

First of all, how do they plan to shut down a magazine they don't read? 2nd, I think everyone missed the point of the comic they made. They weren't making fun of Jonghyun's death, they were using to explain how harsh the kpop industry is and how it pushes people to certain extremes like sucide. If you had a problem with the interaction between Jonghyun and the other passed artist, then that makes more sense, but that's really it.

They're right though, even though the fans mourned his death, they're the same ones fueling the industry , so their is no insentive for the entire industry to change, meaning it'll keep happening again.

Symera 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

If you want to do a satire on K-Pop, you can do it. BUT you should not mock the SUICIDE of a person in it and then present the fans as stupid, because tell can't tell them apart (Because every group has 48 members, am I right?) . That's just ignorant and really rude and oversteps the boundary of what satire is allowed to do.

Illsick 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Koreans regularly disrespect foreigners in public, ignoring them for taxi rides, sometimes touching them, make fun of foreigners on tv programs. This cartoon wasn’t right but i don’t feel too bad considering

oppamuseun_il_iy 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Okay... heres the thing (El Jueves) don't talk non-since about anyone if you don't know them so keep your big mouth shut and nun of this would had happened. "an idol that killed himself at age 27 after not being able to cope with the pressure of the industry." Please ignore this, he is talking trash about our idol.

babekane 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

This is a travesty, it's so disrespectful to his family especially, this comic should not only apologize but make sure it doesn't happen again, won't be long they will surely lose their business, so reckless, so brainless.

BeaF 19 days ago 1
19 days ago

As a spanish person I apologize, the humour in my country is like this, almost 80% of the spanish poblation is stupid and ignorant.

luisru 1 day ago 0
1 day ago

You're in that 80%

ShayMin 19 days ago 0

whoa...

someone111 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

We don't care. Us who truly and profundly love Jonghyun know that his light is still shinning no matter what. Love can never be overcome by hate.

What he brought to our lives is SO ENORMOUS that a mockery as stupid and unthoughtful as this, is nothing compared to the thousands of happy days spent thanks to him.

They won't win. What we experienced with him could never be taken away from us.

So, those demons can get lost.

Ps: he didn't even try to enter "Club 27" as he was already 28 in Korean age....

deanrose 20 days ago 0

SIGN THE PETITION GUYS

that is all I'm going to say.

Let our actions show them karma.

maplebaconcookie 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

this is ridiculous. you can go not like a certain type of music. but for you to demean somebody's death? F-CKING LOW. what a cheap shot. ridiculous.

shakesmilk 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Too soon. You can't talk about this just yet. It hasn't been a year yet since he passed. And the fuck, that's hella racist too. They should know better.

PinKookiE 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Son unos pendejos ignorantes, i hope karma gives them what they deserve.

jeyjin 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

idk if there needs to be a petition to shut down the whole magazine but i would sign a petition that shut down insensitive jerks like him that think it's ok to use someone's suicide to forward their agenda.

jeyjin 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

It's not ok to use Jonghyun's death to prove how you feel about the kpop industry. It's especially fucked up because he can't defend himself.

NineMusesMinha 20 days ago 0

karma

KYAAAAAAAA 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

WHat truly wrong is how they depicted Jonghyun, no one deserves to be treated that way, especially a man who hard worked

KYAAAAAAAA 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

They truly do not understand how much we love the idols for everything and anything they do. Yes, somtimes our fandom does wrong and that stands out the most BUT more than half of us hate the industry and are always sending out compalins to the industry. Sadly, our fandoms can be as corrupt as the industry though

Roaa_ 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

humanity disappeared , people became on a high level of being rude they neither leave the living person in peace nor the dead one , let him rest in peace , it feels like any magazine or website that wants to become known and famous they will talk about Jong hyun what's wrong there isn't even any respect for him as a human ?? Respect him and his fans please, at least they must think about his family and group members when they read something like this .

I see those people as nothing but dogs owning minds .

Swansong7 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

the comic was actually quite a bit longer, you guys should see the other shit they've written.

this made me so angry i cried

candye1127 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Idiocy at its best. The producer of this piece of crap: why bother to keep your brain in your skull when you don't even use it. Not sure if it's a lack of culture or manners

kalimilano 20 days ago 0

That's too much

Nebula_Star 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

WTF is this? Sure the artist has a valid point that there is depression and idols are often "manufactured" etc but this is an insult, not a satire. Those are real people he's talking about and he has no right to dishonor them for "satire." This is not how you criticize and industry, this how you spit in the face of idols who work their asses off and kind fans who supported them. How did this even get approved?

shinyang_yen_yu 20 days ago 0

Oh they did not........

i9son 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

I dosen't mater who the person was........you never make fun of the deads

EyeSpy 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Sorry, but everyone mocks the dead: comedians and other entertainers, friends, relatives, and every type of published and social media. This has gone on forever. No amount of anger or petitions will stop it.

krell 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

(Trolling) ... Actually, I will make 'fun' of POL POT (Cambodia) any time that I choose ... ;)

Jayden_Bradley 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

This is awful. How could they do that to them. They are not fake plastic dolls. They are real people who care about their fans probably more than themselves. And they don't have to like k-pop, but they don't need to do this.And suicide is not something to be made fun of. Oh, and they SO do NOT look the same.

amandaCoffee 19 days ago 1
19 days ago

I have to admit its kind of true not so much the 27 club but the fans. yes were sad about his death but it just make me mad that people go over bored on this stuff like who cares about it, if you dont like what she did just dont read it, let it go. we should be over his death and not bringing it back. thats all i'm going to put down this is my opinion so be a baby and get mad...

oppamuseun_il_iy 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Yeah "be a baby and get mad", why would't we be mad AMANDA THIS PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT OUR IDOL.

SO CAN YOU LIKE NOT...

Indri_hapsari 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

this is just another proof, for every1 who got suicide, remember u r not gettin respect but u will gets laugh especially frim your competition...so behold n believe in God, survive no matter what...u r not alone, there r a lot of people in this world who suffer the most but still they wants to be alive...🙆‍♀️✊✊hwaiting

LIL_woo 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS......like what is sctually wrong with people that type of stuff isnt funny.

zutteraf 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

This is just outright disgusting. Somebody better get fired or this magazine needs to be cancelled all together.

arasseo 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Just found the Spanish version, it is sickening indeed.

Sirhugglebutts 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

I'm just not even surprised anymore. I'm telling yall Hispanic people are RACIST! I would know. I'm confused as to why it's in English though? Hmm, still. I don't take back what I said.

arasseo 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

No, you don't get to generalize like this. If a magazine accepts to publish something like this they are responsible for their lack of empathy and respect, don't blame it on all Spaniards. As a Spaniard myself I am very upset about the fact someone from my own country has written something like this and went to sleep without the lightest remorse. So don't you dare say we are racist. My country has racist people, like all countries, but you don't get to say we are racist as if we were more racist than anyone else.

ItsKDay 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

This is the most disgusting and inhumane thing I've ever read

hohliu 20 days ago 0

Aruvk 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I always hated El Jueves, I never found their "humor" funny and this is just downright wrong.

krell 20 days ago 4
20 days ago

ILBE.COM (KR) members mock (300 dead ; Ship of Death) SEWOL families' hunger strike with a food fest (Sept. 2014)
S.KOREANS engage in some nasty 'humor' behavior directed openly at each other too ... ;)

Nebula_Star 20 days ago 3
20 days ago

This isn't about who said it. It's about what was being said. Every country has people insulting each other and others and something like this disgusting comic needs to be put down.

krell 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

@Nebula_Star <-- Dream On !!! ... ;)

2 more replies

xhecthor 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

OK that's it. That's why things like the Charlie Ebdo magazine incident happens. (And now I'm beginning to believe they can be justified).

aldebaran 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

so k-gangs are demanding that more than 30 people loses their jobs because 1 person questionable sense of humor... that's happens when you give too much power to pre teens

DeathAssilant 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I think this is more dark humor than satire

krell 20 days ago 5
20 days ago

NOT saying that S.KOREANS (or K-pop Fans in general) have to like it, this type of twisted 'humor' that is actually intended in a vicious manner. BUT also, S.KOREANS are NOT 'in charge' of SPEECH in any EURO Nations either. It seems to be getting 'stylish' to TROLL K-pop Fans in general. I would say that this current 'Spanish Incident' is NOT worth getting 'worked up' about it overall. Mostly, it indicates that K-pop Music is seen as increasingly *successful* in EURO nations. Which, that gets resented as some kind of 'foreign invasion' and 'cultural destruction' situation ... And also, HENDRIX, JOPLIN, MORRISON, PRESLEY, COBAIN, and others, who 'die strangely' ; seem to quickly become tremendously 'overblown' by News Media. In terms of their actual reality as music performers. These people become 'LEGENDS' who were somehow 'stolen from us' unfairly. When actually, they DRUG OVERDOSED and died stupidly. And speculation centers on what they MIGHT have accomplished IF they had lived (the 'perfect song' of course). More likely, if still alive, they would be OLD and FAT DRUNKS, and insufferable loud mouths like say MADONNA (USA).

hohliu 20 days ago 3
20 days ago

I know some may not like your comment even thru it is true. In UK, there is no news on Kpop news as it has no public interest except Psy's Gangnam Song. UK prefer their style of rock and indie music. I was surprised when I read this has featured in Spanish magazine. Not just the terrible sucide content but to be even feature in the magazine, it shows there is public interest in Kpop culture. That is growth. Kpop is growing steadily. The KDrama has more EU fans day by day. The music is on a slower pace.

krell 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

(Trolling) ... HWAIT !!! ... UK has at least 300 K-pop Fans!
They even showed up at a 13,000 seat UK venue to count the EMPTY SEATS! ... ;)
YOU should have been there! I bet you could have bought a SCALPED (discounted) ticket! ... ;)

2 more replies

dickiedoobie 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Maybe these 'suicides' occurred because they were sick of dealing with close-minded, boring, dullards like yourself.

allkpop in your Inbox