Current Events

16-year-old commits suicide after parents disapprove of her love for boy group B

By yckim124   24 days ago   214,424   2,959   206
misc

Love for an idol group has led to an unfortunate death.

On September 1, the Suncheon Police Department revealed, "16-year-old high school student A committed suicide by jumping off of an apartment on the 30th of last month."

SEE ALSO: Famous female celebrity 'A' being investigated for prostitution

The reason for her suicide turned out to be her parents, who yelled at A for leaving school early to receive a package containing stickers of her favorite boy group, B

A also left a message on her SNS prior to her suicide, saying, "Bye, I appreciated everyone. I am so sad that I have to leave like this even before I get to hear their new song. I was so desperate [for the new song]... I am foolishly leaving without keeping my promise. Bye, everyone. Thank you for everything."

1. misc.

Ryo69 23 days ago

It takes more than yelling and stickers to jump off a building at such height! There has to be more. I'm way older than here and I thought of what would've happened if I made her choice around her age. The only conclusion I got was that: It ain't worth it! You have one life, make it count!

MsArchetype 23 days ago

Imma be honest, that was not a good enough for her to take her own life. Okay, so she left school to get some stickers, I can lowkey understand why her parents would be upset about her leaving school for something she could have gotten after school. But going so far as to kill yourself just because your parents yelled at you, is just ridiculous.Kids/Teens get yelled at every now and then, if not all the time for doing something wrong. It's apart of growing up. Hell yeah you can get frustrated af w/ your parents and feel like you're going to hate them forever for yelling at you, but that's just a temporary feeling and will go away eventually.I feel sorry for this girls family and friends whom are going to miss her dearly; for the girl who lost her life as well. Rest in Peace though.

MsArchetype 23 days ago

But then again, as bapeal said, she could have been already feeling depressed.

kpophilippines MsArchetype • 22 days ago

Its easy to say that, because you didnt know what she was thinking. A depressed person has a one way thingking, not thingking of other things than the things she wants to do when depressed.

MsArchetype kpophilippines • 22 days ago

Yeah, like I said(following with what bapeal was saying)...she could have been depressed already

jennkyube 23 days ago

Dear kpop fans: let this article be an example to you all. If you know you have an uncontrollable obsession toward something and that actually causes mood swings and all that, please get some professional help. If you know ANYONE who behaves rather erratically toward anything or been depressed for sometime for ANY reason, please get them some professional help. Suicide should never be a solution to anything.

bap