SM Entertainment's 'K-Pop International School' to officially open in September

By yckim124   27 days ago   122,208   26,124   0
misc

SM Entertainment's 'K-Pop International School' is officially starting this fall.

According to insiders of the academic field, SM Entertainment is scheduled to open 'K-Pop International School' at Gangnam, Seoul in September. Classes will begin with 50~100 selected students. The institute aims to eventually increase the number of students to 300~400. Various subjects including English, Math, Korean, and more will be taught.

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment to open 'K-pop International School'

An insider revealed, "Selection of students including both international and domestic is planning to take place in July. The institute will open by the start of a new semester at the latest."

It's also revealed that SME is actively looking for experts in the entertainment field to be the teachers.

Stay tuned for more updates on 'K-Pop International School'.

1. misc.
  2. sm entertainment

T_Tface 24 days ago

Its great that they allow international people but -_- even so how is it still international if its only in Seoul.

Alastair 26 days ago

If they called it a performance arts school/academy/institute whatever, people will take if seriously. But really? A "Kpop International School'? Sounds like it's coming from an anime. I doubt a lot of people will consider that a legit school.

BigBlueagain Alastair 26 days ago

As long as the academics are accredited, go for it. I'm not sure about Korea, but I know in the states, as long as the school's accreditation is in good standing and it's within the time frame, they have to be accepted. And, like I said, I think this is them tweaking their training program.

Alastair BigBlueagain 26 days ago

Oh cool, didn't know that. Thanks

Skyepop 27 days ago

It kinda makes me sad that some kids will be applying thinking they will be in class with trainees and idols. No hope. SM won't spend thousands of dollars to educate their kids in a private school when they can go to a Korean one for a fraction of the cost. The only advantage is you just might be encouraged to audition for SM.

yutoadachi Skyepop 26 days ago

tbh i think they might (this is a big might) choose some top students to become actual trainees. who knows?

BigBlueagain Skyepop 26 days ago

I'm thinking they're changing their trainee program out for this. Kind of like a school of the arts, magnet school, etc.

Skyepop yutoadachi 26 days ago

I agree with you on that.

pink_oracle 27 days ago

And the lawsuits arrive in December. lol

awesomegal5124 pink_oracle 19 days ago

That's just what I was thinking. XD I might still apply as an international student just for fun though, there's nothing to lose.

pink_oracle awesomegal5124 19 days ago

I guess you'd be no worse off then if you went backpacking for a long time.

taj4329 27 days ago

I want to major in variety.

BigBlueagain 27 days ago

Sounds like SME is switching things up in their trainee program. It's actually kinda smart. More along the lines of a School of the Arts like we have here. Instead of trainees having to go to school  AND then go to training, they do both. And when they graduate, they either move on to a debut, or they go to college. Also means that those who debut as teenagers don't have to worry about missing classes.

yelloworange223 27 days ago

Whats the point of this,is this news...i thought they are going to have their own channel...

fantasticlau 27 days ago

Hmmmm... Math, you're saying.. Nice. Some people don't even know the symbol of square root and that's actually embarrassing. I hope they at least teach basic math.

DuniaWu fantasticlau 27 days ago

It's a school the only difference is that it's a Music/Composing/dancing osv. school

Pipidogss6476 27 days ago

I don't know if I was beautiful, talented and had a little money and time I think it would be kinda fun living the life of our idols learning first hand what they go through meeting new people  who have the same interests as me like kpop....just a thought....😀😀😀😀😀

imjonginswife 27 days ago

spot tao luhan kris lol missing those guys so much :(

coca2 imjonginswife 27 days ago