Gossip

Netizens heavily oppose Sungmin being a part of Super Junior's comeback later this year

By beansss   20 days ago   248,911   11,698   463
Sungmin,Super-Junior,Sungmin,kim-sa-eun

Shortly after news announcing that Super Junior would be making a comeback for the first time in approximately 2 years this October, opposition toward the group's comeback as 8-members is on the rise.

SEE ALSO: Samuel Kim relays his feelings about the fans petition after failing to make the Top 11 on 'Produce 101'

It's been revealed that Super Junior will be making a comeback with the following members later this year - Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin. (Siwon, Eunhyuk, and Donghae will be returning from their military service soon, while Ryeowook and Kyuhyun enlisted last year and this year, respectively. Kangin is currently on hiatus after his 2nd DUI case back in May of 2016.)

Netizens' opposition toward the 8-member comeback specifically target member Sungmin, who got married back in December of 2014 to musical actress Kim Sa Eun. Many netizens, after finding out that Sungmin would be taking part in this year's comeback, commented, "Please leave... after 2014 I haven't been able to listen to group songs at all and only listen to solo songs, so even if they comeback, I don't think I'll be able to endure listening to the new songs... please just go... do you need money that much...", "I'm honestly curious... does he still even have fans?", "You know, I wanted to congratulate you sincerely on your marriage, I liked you once upon a time, but now I just feel like I've stepped in poo", "I'm sorry but I really can't stand you... Can you please just go be a celebrity overseas? Is it because if you're not Super Junior, you can't make any money? Then why did you...", etc.

It seems K-netizens still feel that Sungmin mistreated fans during the process of his unexpected marriage back in 2014, inflicting negative burdens on Super Junior's group promotions at the time. Netizens believe that Sungmin chose to get married despite his members and his label being against it, plus that the Sungmin wanted to hold his wedding ceremony on December 13 no matter what, the day he met Kim Sa Eun, despite the fact that he had to skip out on practicing for 'Super Show' in Japan scheduled for that month and flew back to Korea by himself. There were also fans who claimed that in his signature, which they received during fan sign events, he hid his then girlfriend's nickname, "MiMi". Others are still angered by the fact that Sungmin did not take fans' advice to "hide that you're dating" in order to prevent any backlash on Super Junior.

Do you agree with netizens, or are they holding grudges too long?

1. Sungmin
  2. Super Junior
  3. Sungmin
  4. Kim Sa Eun

Kpopers97 9 days ago

If you are the true ELF you wont say something like that. As a ELF we need to support them and dont ever let someone to leave the group. SJ has been created as together so just let it go. Let bygones be bygones guys. It happened must be the reason and just respect their personal life.

Larasss 14 days ago

The true ELF won't say anything harsh like that. They will support the members and respect their personal life.

michigoh 15 days ago

And here I thought he did something far worse like lead an assassination or something. You know there's far worse things for you to actually hate your idol than him getting married

Kitty4 15 days ago

And don't use stupid reasons to be upset. You all know that Mimi has always been one of his nicknames since SJ-M started

Kitty4 15 days ago

This bullshit again??? Let's move on people.. I'm still slightly hurt about it, but only because I don't like his wife and also because they got married on my birthday TTOTTBut I wish him all the happiness in the world <3

DirronDeHumen 15 days ago

I don't think we'll have to worry about them leaving the group... Unlike the early days of suju, I don't think the fans and SM have as much control over them anymore, afterall they're all adults now and own their own label so.... unless the members agree, then I don't think the outcome will be too drastic

OGTrashKan 17 days ago

Umm....I understand that some very dedicated fans may have felt jilted, but please understand that he has his own life outside of SuJu. And he is allowed too! I think with many artists, especially kpop, lines can blur between professional and personal life. Please try to enjoy their music and professional life, and leave their personal lives, personal.

oooxtina 17 days ago

i don 't understand why they mad....

Pinky_La 17 days ago

Okay, I don't even fuck with Super Junior, and I'm certain y'all are being jackasses. What he does in his personal life is not up to you, the other members of the group, or SM to dictate. You don't own him and he doesn't owe you shit.

ILYLDH90 17 days ago

what the?? suju is also humans, they deserve to be happy, sungmin deserve to be happy..he won't marry his wife if he don't love her..why don't they just accept and be happy with sungmin's choice..they're not getting any younger

forever