UEE confirms departure from After School + Pledis Entertainment

By beansss   29 days ago   100,719   9,895   111
UEE

Pledis Entertainment confirmed on May 31 that UEE will be graduating from After School, as well as leaving the company to seek out a new label.

According to the label, "UEE will be leaving After School since her contract has ended. We will cheer each other on in our future endeavors. This does not mark the disbandment of After School."

UEE debuted as a member of After School in 2009. She took to her official fan cafe after the news broke out to address fans, writing,

"It seems like just yesterday that I debuted as a member of After School as a new recruit, but it's already been 8 years. Since then, the members who were in high school have become college students, and my front seat has changed. During my promotions, the word 'graduation' felt foreign to me, but now it's my turn. Time goes so fast. Even though I can no longer be After School's UEE, I will never forget that I am a graduate of After School, where ever I may be. I would like to thank everyone in the Pledis family, and am thankful and apologetic toward the [After School] members. I will become a UEE who is always bright and who does everything with joy."

Best of luck to UEE in her new beginning!

1. UEE

lolhaha 27 days ago

they should just disband after school already, it's been too long since a comeback or even appearance

kealii808 27 days ago

not happy that she isn't part of after school but happy she left that shit show snake of a company that needs to be exterminated. too much rats over there. I feel for the rest of A, hope they can all escape together and continue to be AS elsewhere. congrats UEE.

nami_chan 28 days ago

Finally out of pledisnake, she deserves better. I wish her the best, I hope she finds a good company that promotes her well.

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

Now what... it's like the car in the garage with 2-3 behind it. It 's not moving ever... it can't. Just turn on the engine for 15 min then shut it off.

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

Sigmund Freud talked all that crap but his hairline sucked ass. Why should i take that guy seriously when his own hair betrayed him at young age.

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

If you guys have a book reading project i'll do it for you for free. Just notify me ahead of time. If it's last minute i can't.. just take a 0 not that it matters much in long run. I mean calculate x tests and projects.. that 0 is nothing.. don't even stress about book report smh

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

I'm leaving now to another town article. Don't follow me. I don't like to be followed from article to article.

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

Why did you ruin Hello venus. I would've chosen Og hello venus over After school.

FIGHTFAN10 28 days ago

Kahi unni called it 5 years ago. She said watch out Uhee you're next sister. Then Sistar and Uhee exit the same week! Thats this week! Nice call unni

k_fierce 28 days ago

Not surprised at this. I am sad cause I really love doing AS. Plexus always has sucked at promoting their artists though. I'm just surprised Dambi and Akashi are still with the company.

Jaraiya_Ero 28 days ago

I remembered when they first debuted..... Many tissues were sacrificed in their honor!! Now there's only 'Orange Caramel'.... sigh

KenKong Jaraiya_Ero 28 days ago

"many tissues were sacrificed..." lol

Haru_ki 28 days ago

This is so sad, i still remember when i first to them at the same time i was getting into kpop and i couldn't believe there were such an awesome group with a lot of talent and stage presence like them. And still can't believe their company says they aren't dibanding...

clarissaxd 28 days ago

i still miss after school they were so badass but im sure she will do great things

forever