Variety

Netizens shower Kim Yong Guk with compliments after his outstanding performance on 'Produce 101'

By yckim124   10 days ago   68,134   5,997   36

Chun Entertainment trainee Kim Yong Guk is gaining lots of love after his outstanding performance on this week's 'Produce 101' season 2.

On the May 12 episode, Kim Yong Guk along with Kim Ye Hyeon, Joo Jin Woo, and Kim Sung Ri performed the ballad track ''If It Is You'' for the position battle. All 4 trainees proved their talents with an impressive performance but out of all, Kim Yong Guk has garnered the most attention.

SEE ALSO: K-Pop idols' most revealing outfits [Female Edition]

The trainee stole hearts of numerous netizens with his beautiful vocals and is now named the ''hidden jewel'' of 'Produce 101' season 2.

Under the many headlines about Kim Yong Guk, netizens commented, "I didn't know he existed. I just found out about him today lol But I was like 'Oh he's good looking. Who is he? And then I looked at him again because he sings so well", "His vocals are so pretty.... My pick starting today!", "His voice is amazing. I hope he enters the top 11", "Kim Yong Guk is so charming."

Kim Yong Guk ranked 35th on the May 12 broadcast but he's expected to climb up the rankings now.

1. misc.
    2. produce 101
    3. kim yong guk

nami_chan 9 days ago

he sings really good , I'm glad he is getting recognition for his talent, about time.

takeheart_bts 9 days ago

He sounds a lot like baekhyun

drwsyhmz 10 days ago

FINALLY! MY YONG GUK GOT THE ATTENTION HE DREAMED OF! IM SO PROUD OF HIM. HE'S TALENTED. DO STAN TALENT GUYS

gchoneybllushhh 10 days ago

He got attention for his dreamy visuals during the cover song mission but no one really remembers what position he was, I am glad that he got to show off more side of him! He is gaining alot of attention with the Koreans!

liviekate 10 days ago

finally some attention on this kid

shyloone 10 days ago

yes gave me goosebumps

Virtuous_Youth 10 days ago

What a find!  I was left breathless.  The voice is unspoilt and clear.  He's the kind of singer that doesn't power-sing but makes up for it with feelings.  He is so part of my Top 11 now.

ParabellumX 10 days ago

So, he's the new trend after Jisung? I don't have anything against him, but he probably will get hated on when he replaces Seonho in the top 11. That or Mnet will evil-edit him to make it seem like he's lazy or a douchebag. Pretty sure he's not in Mnet's planned top 11, so we should expect the worst to happen.

mydeerlikesbacon ParabellumX 9 days ago

It's still too early to say he's a trend, but his popularity is definitely increasing. Whether he'll get into top11 is still uncertain though. Seeing as Mnet was the one that gave him so much screentime out of the blue I don't think it's likely that they'll evil edit him, but we never know.

mindlessdream mydeerlikesbacon 8 days ago

He was actually the top choice for Pann, Instiz, and many more Korean websites. That's how he still manage to rank 35th even with like no screen time.

mydeerlikesbacon mindlessdream 7 days ago

But he wasn't big enough to have tons of articles written about him. He was at that level where he does have fans to vote for him, but it was ultimately after the evaluations that his popularity started increasing that much.

ravina_xD 10 days ago

Glad they're finally noticing talent

Winston 10 days ago

I believe the next CUT line after 60, is the #35 line, so right now he is at the border of the 2nd cut line, (the 3rd cut line is #22, just before the final cut line at #11, the debut line).

charged