Maroo Entertainment speaks up regarding former 'Produce 101' season 2 trainee Kwon Hyup's future

By beansss   15 days ago   73,931   3,953   12
misc

Maroo Entertainment has decided to speak up regarding former 'Produce 101' season 2 trainee Kwon Hyup

It's been reported that Kwon Hyup, who was eliminated from 'Produce 101' during the show's first round rankings, expressed his wishes to leave his label and halt his intentions to pursue a career as an idol.

Maroo Ent. told news outlets in regard to the reports on May 12, "After being eliminated from 'Produce 101' season 2, Kwon Hyup felt very conflicted about continuing his path as a trainee. Currently, we are still discussing the matter with him. But we intend to respect his wishes, whatever they may turn out to be."

Were you sad to see Kwon Hyup from Maroo Entertainment leave 'Produce 101 season 2'?

1. misc.
    2. produce 101
    3. produce 101 season 2
    4. kwon-hyup

Sam091094 12 days ago

You can't blame him for choosing another path for his future. It's really good to hear his agency understands his decisions and trying to work things out. And his a talented and positive guy. I wish him luck in his future career.

young_in 12 days ago

i'm so sad Kwon Hyeop eliminated ... he so talentedHope he will debut soon .. don't leave dreaming to be idol ... fighting Kwon Hyeop !!!

Virtuous_Youth 14 days ago

He's one of my favourites.  It must have been devastating to be eliminated so soon.  But he sounds like a sensible kid.  And I like how his label has responded by offering support and respecting whatever his decision might be.

xiaozhu 15 days ago

This is why I don't like survival TV shows. They destroy people's dreams.

fantasticlau xiaozhu 15 days ago

Well quitting early is a lot better than starting but failing then finding yourself in a huge debt. I believe he's still young to find and achieve another goal.

ahgase88 15 days ago

WAIT BUT HE WAS SO GOOD IN HIS PERF

ko0kie76 15 days ago

Aww, this is so sad. I never thought that he would be eliminated so soon T.T . He's just too cute. I couldn't even believe he's older than Park Jihoon.

silenteaser 15 days ago

Aww, man, he was one of my top favorites in this show. He's quite attractive and has a good voice (and that accent!). I was even surprised when he got a lower grade than Jihoon and Jongyeon during the evaluations. I honestly thought he should have received a higher rank than the two. I was sad when he got very low votes from the koreans and got eliminated. I think one of the main reason was because he's rarely given any screentime and was greatly overshadowed by Jihoon. Not many people knew of him aside from being Jihoon's labelmate. Also, I think his visual features might be too intense for the Koreans to be considered attractive? Ah, I hope he does not give up on being an idol since I really want him to debut with Jihoon in the future. But if he really decides to give up on idol life, then I hope he becomes successful in whatever career path he chooses.

Nick_Carterr 15 days ago

Noooo Whyyyyyyy!! Cant believe he cant survive thoIf I were him I would just ride Park Ji Hoon fame

kimmiefonze 15 days ago

Two paths he could take: Either continue living as a trainee while facing an uncertain future in KPop or live a normal life, get an education, a job, and a family. Not everyone who wants to be an idol will become an idol and its better to have a back-up plan rather than waste your youth, energy, and time on something that might never come. It does not mean he's giving up but rather wanting another dream aside from fame.

sototallyrandom 15 days ago

Dearie, just in case you're doubting yourself, I just wanna let you know that a lot of people appreciate you and your talent. :) Good luck to whatever journey you'll choose to pursue on this crossroads of your life. :D

totes