Variety

U-KISS Eli's wife talks about how she had to hide her marriage and pregnancy for her idol husband

By yckim124   20 days ago   243,790   7,202   116
Eli

The wife of U-KISS' Eli opened up about the hardships she faced.

On the April 5 airing of 'Mr. House Husband', Eli's wife stated, "I had to hide our marriage, pregnancy, and everything because it could've been harmful to my idol husband. Nobody could know."

She revealed, "I couldn't go to the obstetrician/gynecologist while pregnant so I couldn't look at the ultrasound. I had to examine myself and check that my baby is alive with a pregnancy test at home. At the time, there were a lot of risky situations because my health was so poor. I was afraid that something bad might happen to my baby. I think my husband knew about my struggles and revealed our marriage and pregnancy through social media while I was asleep."

SEE ALSO: U-KISS' Eli and wife Ji Yeon Soo to hold wedding ceremony in June after 3 years of marriage

Eli also revealed, "Our son Min Soo saved me as a man, a husband, and a father. If it wasn't for Min Soo, my wife and I wouldn't have been able to make it here."

1. Eli
    2. Mr House Husband

Huhhello 19 days ago

We didn't even know about her until Eli posted it on his social media though... Glad that everything is fine now though.

bibi87 19 days ago

Honestly, I think they both were irresponsponsible and risked the baby's life. She should have go to the gynec no matter what and he should have support her more when she was pregnant. But Eli's last sentence is sad as hell, because when a baby is the cause of the marriage or when a baby is the 'savior' of a marriage, you can say that this marriage is doomed for sure.

pink_oracle bibi87 18 days ago

If my babies life depended on it I'd push the father off a cliff.

LisannaMint 19 days ago

I dont sympathize with her much. I get that being placed in a situation requiring that amount of secrecy might have been difficult. However, Eli is an idol. It kinda figures she would have to hide the fact that she had a baby with Eli, and I honestly think that it has nothing to do with fans being upset at the news of this. Idol culture in Korea expects fans to become emotionally invested in their idols, so I feel it's not fair to put blame on fans for being disappointed by such news, especially since they spent so much energy in being that idol's fan. Nor do i think it's fair for her to victimize herself just because she had to hide her situation when it occurred partially to her fault... especially since it was obvious there'd be some significant negative reactions. Also, as people stated already in their comments, her "not being able to go to the gynecologist" doesnt make any sense.

robin1 19 days ago

Awww....I actually have compassion for her. That must've been hard. I hope they are happy together.

ase 19 days ago

plastic...i feel sorry for these ppl who dont know if their wife/husband face are real or not.

TinaRose1997 19 days ago

Tbh, I think she is pretty. She got a kind heart and she is beautiful.

CCA 19 days ago

Dude, a baby can't save your marriage.

Chrysantheneum CCA 19 days ago

I rather think the baby was the cause of the marriage

bibi87 Chrysantheneum 19 days ago

Both options are bad, to be honest.

ruthysaechao 19 days ago

I don't think anyone would even notice her as no one really knew she was with Eli.

leftiessayno 19 days ago

she looks like Bom but no offense... despite about how she looks i think she is in full support for his husband whether sometimes it hurts her in many ways. But i hope they become more wise especially when it comes to their own children.

foltarida 19 days ago

idol is human too, thats why i dont like someone call he/she a fan but not happy if their idol have a relationship.

LisannaMint foltarida 19 days ago

It's not fair to place blame on fans for their situation because idols in Korea expect their fans to input a significant amount of their energy in being fans, so it's easy to understand why fans can become so upset by news like this. To expect people to idolize them as their fan and expend so much money, time, and effort in doing so, yet also expect all of them to accept a sudden anouncement like this without feeling any sense of betrayal is ridiculous, especially of the small group of fans that accounted for most of their album sales (whom of which were notably more vital to Ukiss as financial support considering the group's diminutive fanbase in Korea).

extra