Variety

Pledis Entertainment CEO showing support for Brand New Music 'Produce 101' trainees upsets fans

By jennywill   19 days ago   219,437   10,813   122
NUEST

NU'EST fans are furious at the Pledis Entertainment CEO.

The label CEO runs the Instagram account @pledis_boss, where he posts updates and backstage photos of the Pledis Entertainment artists. However, one fan recently noticed that he had pressed 'Like' on a photo asking for support to the Brand New Music trainees.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

The move upset an incredible number of NU'EST fans, who already feel like they have been wronged multiple times by Pledis Entertainment. Combined with the members saying on broadcast that the label thinks of them as failures, fans couldn't help but be upset. As a result, the @pledis_boss account has a flood of comments showing support for NU'EST.

What do you think about the situation?

Tip: Sarah

1. NU'EST
  2. pledis entertainment
  3. produce 101

Sora_JaeJae 13 days ago

I really love Nu'est since a few years ago, but after seeing them on Produce 101, the results are slightly upsetting and really hard to watch without heart aches. Their image is on down fall with them getting C and D rankings and with them not being able to learn the song and dance in episode 2... TT I hope they can get as much out of this show in terms of skills polishing (which they already have, just not shining yet) and attention. Fighting to Nu'est! I don't know how much time they are getting to learn the dance and singing, but even if they cannot learn completely, I would like to see them not giving up in middle of the piece. Too many of the contestants make giving up faces (I know it must be frustrating but) during the training, and I want them to dance fully even if they have to make up their own dance especially for the missions. Best of luck to all contestants.

Imshook 16 days ago

I dont know if i should thank Pledis or be angry at them. Thanks for promoting Pristin and Seventeen and all. But i fking hate you for what you did to AfterSchool and Nuest...... Imagine if only they treat AS and Nuest better. 4 amazing groups taking over the Kpop world + they didn't promote Han Dong Geun.. Luckily he hit the roof with his old song out of nowhere.

JessicaJungLove 17 days ago

so.. let me get this. are you guys saying that almost all the members of a 5-6 years group are in produce 101 , a show for rookies? lmao what? is this true?

ItsBambi JessicaJungLove 11 days ago

yes it is true, they almost hit rock bottom. their albums didn't chart and sell well it's their last chance. but don't you worry they get judged more strictly than other trainees which is obvious because of the auditions

JessicaJungLove ItsBambi 9 days ago

but this is pathetic and really sad :S I feel so sad for them..

ItsBambi JessicaJungLove 7 days ago

that's exactly why we have to support them

hobiah 17 days ago

if his company had promoted them he wouldn't be in this situation

wienmel 17 days ago

That awkward moment when After School members (even ex member) promote NUEST better than their CEO

hellogrey 17 days ago

Not only NUEST fans. but everyone!!

syafickix 17 days ago

i just don't understand why they do this? Nuest is popular and they're freakin veteran (i mean 5-6 years hello). rather than forcing them on some stupid survival show for rookies (not even rookies, they're like freshman) why can't they just promote like other artist? they do well, just work on your management -__-

AngelOfLight syafickix 17 days ago

Pledis did not force them to go on the show, it's Nuest's decision. But u know how screwed up the company's management is when the poor boys decided to this themselves ;-;

syafickix AngelOfLight 15 days ago

they did it themselves? how F'ed up is Pledis then, the boys got so desperate to participate in a rookie show. I'm not a big fan of Nuest but i listen to their song since "face", "Hello", and "SleepTalking". But i just felt sad hearing this

AngelOfLight syafickix 14 days ago

yea exactly :( Their songs are nice right? yea it's rly sad...

ItsBambi syafickix 11 days ago

it's so sad but their albums don't sell and chart well... their name is known but otherwise they're far from being popular

BEATMIX 18 days ago

i can't believe this i love NUE'ST  how could guys do this?

koreanuest123 18 days ago

To Pledis: Sqaure Up. You're about to catch these hands. -Angry fans

KarmaButterfly01 18 days ago

Question! why one of the members is not in the show?

koreanuest123 KarmaButterfly01 18 days ago

I believe Aron chose not to go on the show

trogdorthe8th koreanuest123 18 days ago

Was that the case? They've been somewhat quiet on that matter- I wonder if it's because (although he is Korean) he's still an American citizen, so perhaps he has a slightly different contract than the other members? It just surprised me that he was the only one who didn't have to go, which made it seem like to me that there might not have been an option for other members, unlike him. I'm only speculating, let me be clear, and I have no evidence to show proof to these ideas, they are just things I've wondered about. You'd think that as a group they'd try to do it together- but if it were me and I had the option, no offense, but I wouldn't do this. Something tells me the other members might not have had an option.

KarmaButterfly01 koreanuest123 18 days ago

Thanks! I thought they made some statement about it or something

JOnthego trogdorthe8th 17 days ago

I think they said it was a health problem? But from what I've heard people were guessing that it might be bc of his past scandals that they decided he shouldn't be on the show

really