Variety

NU'EST confirmed to halt all promotions and participate in the male version of 'Produce 101'

By yckim124   28 days ago   116,793   11,330   156
NUEST

Pledis Entertainment officially announced that NU'EST will be participating in the male version of 'Produce 101'.

On February 24, Pledis made the announcement on the group's official fan cafe. The label stated, "NU'EST will be halting promotions as NU'EST. They plan to show more of themselves, not as NU'EST but as contestants of the program. It's not an easy path but please give support to the members who made the difficult decision after a long thought."

The label also assured fans that their participation in 'Produce 101' does not mean disbandment. It stated, "It is completely irrelevant to disbandment. Members of NU'EST believe that this will be a start to a new beginning."

SEE ALSO: [OP-ED] Recent Competition Show Scandals Raise Questions About Famous Youth

Back in 2012, NU'EST made their debut with "Face". Along with NU'EST, boy group HALO and KNK are also reported to be participating in the competition.

1. NU'EST
  2. produce 101

linseyang0212 26 days ago

Sorry, what promotions, Pledis? Did I miss something? I haven't heard of anything since Overcome. What'd I miss?

AmberJazzy 26 days ago

What promotions would that be -rolls eyes-

Exo_Leia 27 days ago

I just feel like them joining would be awkward... I mean they debuted a while ago... Idk, I look forward to their performances though

_CLeO Exo_Leia 27 days ago

They debuted in the same year with EXO, of course its gonna look awkward ><

Funky_Angel 27 days ago

Jung Chaeyeon and other debuted idols were already on the first season, I don't know why people care so much now

keylover0923 Funky_Angel 27 days ago

Last time it was only 2 members of DIA and other "already debuted" contestants were in bands that already broke up. It sounds to me like a lot of already debuted boys will be joining.

Imshook keylover0923 27 days ago

I don't think only Nu'est joining produce 101. How can they find so many trainees without big 3?

keylover0923 Imshook 27 days ago

There are actually a lot of smaller lesser-known companies out there. While watching the first season of P101, I noticed that there were girls from companies I've never even heard of before. Independent trainees are also welcome, so I guess they didn't have too much trouble finding enough people.

shizun 27 days ago

Is it going to be all of them ? Or just some members of Nu'Est?

Imshook shizun 27 days ago

We don't know yet.

msalgarynn 27 days ago

It's going to be very embarrassing for them as a sunbae group to join this program. Even seventeen is their hoobae group. I really wish they can make it big here. Fighting nu'est!!! They deserve more attention

AngelOfLight 27 days ago

This is a double-edge sword if u think abt it. But I'm happy at least pledis is trying to do smth to bring more attention for nuest.

Imshook AngelOfLight 27 days ago

Its a win win for both Pledis and Mnet. But on Nu'est side idk... Let's make them big again.

Cutie888 AngelOfLight 27 days ago

It was pledis that messed them up in the first place.

AngelOfLight Cutie888 26 days ago

yea i know. but at least they didnt give up on them...if u get what i mean

hiroonakamura 27 days ago

RIP newest

VenusMiranda 27 days ago

Pledis sucks.

sweetpumpkin 27 days ago

Then I guess other groups like 100%, 24K, and other nugus groups that debut 3,4,5 years ago can join too

omelas