Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

Kim Jong Kook helps build a new modern house for an unfortunate BTS fan on 'This Is My Home'

By KpopJoA   14 days ago   107,611   16,800   36
Kim-Jong-Kook,bts,lee-kyung-kyu

Singer Kim Jong Kook helped build a new modern home for an unfortunate 15-year-old teenager (Min Young) and her grandmother on JTBC's 'This Is My Home' (similar to 'Extreme Makeover Home Edition').

Broadcasted on February 10, the singer went to work along with MC Lee Kyung Kyu, actress/singer Chae Jung Ahn and construction expert Mr. Yang.  Their mission was to transform a mice-infested makeshift house, that used to be a warehouse, into a beautiful home.  On the living conditions, the teenage girl commented, "I'm afraid to go to the restroom."

Soon, the house was completely demolished as Kim Jong Kook put all his energy into creating a safe and sanitary environment for the developing teenager who is a huge fan of BTS.  He stated, "I don't feel like a stranger to Min Young's family.  I just want to present a comfortable home for them."

Afterward, seeing the brand new modern home brought a smile on everyone's faces.  The grandma was overwhelmed and shed tears, thanking everyone for the new beautiful home.

Kim Jong Kook visiting the teen in her old home where she states she's a huge BTS fan:

Another video of the old home:

Unveiling the new home:

SEE ALSO: Kwon Sang Woo helps build a beautiful home for the less fortunate on new JTBC show

1. Kim Jong Kook
  2. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  3. Lee Kyung Kyu
  4. this is my home

fxcx09 13 days ago

Kim Jongkook is such a beautiful person inside out. It was nice of him to revamp a home for the family to live in a proper living condition. Also, AKP you snake, putting BTS in the title is such a clickbait lmao and this is coming from an ARMY.

thestarsinthesky 13 days ago

Including BTS in the title was such a clickbait

diela_uknow7 13 days ago

I'm an ARMY. Its nice to see the girls is an ARMY too but it isn't necessary to mention BTS in the articles though.

yeahkpop16 13 days ago

While it's an incredible improvement over the dilapidated building they were living in before, the architect was obviously showcasing his design. However, I could never live there. I don't think anyone even slightly claustrophobic could live there. Too many rooms without windows to the outside world and the opening to the little enclosed courtyard wouldn't help. Just my personal feelings. I took particular note that when the grandmother was checking out the kitchen, only KJK was paying attention to her while everyone else was jabbering away for the cameras. He's so sweet. I'm happy for them that they don't have to live in that horrible place anymore although I'm sure the old house had some emotional significance for the grandmother. I like shows like these because ultimately, it helps someone who really needs it. At least, I hope it does.

CMG yeahkpop16 12 days ago

Did you watch the show? Almost every room in the house had a sliding glass door to the outside!

yeahkpop16 CMG 12 days ago

I mentioned that the courtyard doesn't count. I'm only speaking from my own personal experience because I am a bit claustrophobic and had to stay in a place that was designed similarly. If a person doesn't have the same problem I do, it's fine, isn't it?

thefabcat92 13 days ago

why do you keep mentioning she's a BTS fan? you could have just mentioned it once

cmerle1 13 days ago

I love reading articles like this. When we had Extreme Home Makeover on in the USA, I'd watch (and sometimes cry with the homeowners) every episode. It's just so satisfying to see people do good things like this.

jokerfish 13 days ago

If this was truly extreme home makeover knockoff they would have made her room completely covered in BTS stuff and you would just sit there watching with popcorn being like god she's going hate that room in 5 years when she has a boyfriend.

bitterish 13 days ago

can you, mention his kindness without mentioning bts to drag clickbaits? but that's so allkpop, leaking ailee's nudes as editor and shit.

cmerle1 bitterish 13 days ago

Yeah really, why people (like Jokerfish) make comments like that really tick me off

linseyang0212 13 days ago

This has partially restored my faith in humanity.

greenbird 14 days ago

this is going to be my new jam

not today