Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Kim Hyun Joong returns from his mandatory military service, greeted by over 1,500 fans

By beansss   17 days ago   369,426   53,593   320
Kim-Hyun-Joong

On February 11 (KST), singer/actor Kim Hyun Joong returned from his mandatory military service, after actively serving in the ROK army's 30th division in Gyeonggi-do's Goyang city since May of 2015.

SEE ALSO: Kim Hyun Joong's first schedule after discharge from army to be a fan meet

Over 1,500 domestic and international fans gathered with various signs, posters, and welcoming faces to greet Kim Hyun Joong.

He stated upon his return to the press, "Thank you for coming such a long way despite the cold. I felt a lot while in the army, and I was relieved of my duty feeling like it is time for me to begin anew, with the second half of my life. In truth, I'm still very worried and fearful about things, but in the army, I thought of ways to combat what I'm going through and vowed that I would, so I hope that fans will trust me and watch over me."

Welcome back, Kim Hyun Joong!

1. Kim Hyun Joong

themsbabyg 13 days ago

Dear KHJ 's fans. Lets stop the bullies. Here is a link to Channel A Poongmoon tv show in YouTube.  It discussed indepth about the relationship, extent of Choi's lies and facts from all 4 court hearings. We had been accused of talking nonsense and making things up. So now let the HATERS know the truth from the Koreans themselves In their own language too. The panelists were lawyer, jounalists that covers the whole court hearings and fellow celebrities. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0YnpDHelQ&feature=share

dramamama92 14 days ago

Haters will always hate sure it is something idols just have to learn to ignore. Can't make everyone happy and then some just love being negative and pettty people. So happy he is out and very curious what we plans to do. Never doubted him in minute!!!

JustaPerson 15 days ago

It saddens me when K-netizens are being ruthless to him despite the fact EVERYTHING choi accused him of was false..

kpop_2016 JustaPerson 15 days ago

Knetz are a bunch of trolls... they'll start hating even if an idol breathes the wrong... don't get bothered by them... there are equal or more support comments as well. Keep supporting him, that's what matters the most...

kyuminfan 15 days ago

As my username is saying, I am a Kyumin shipper, who believes in Sungmin &Kyuhyun bond, more than friendship and roommates for seven long years, not because of their physical appearance, but rather because of their eyes looking at each other. That is love to me, but  I might be wrong, nobody knows but them!

kyuminfan 15 days ago

Ignore this comment, it was a reply to someone! allkpop, please give us a delete/edit comment option!

teleri kyuminfan 15 days ago

It's so annoying that there isn't one!

katching606 15 days ago

Welcome back kim hyun joong, have a good rest... And dont let us wait for too long for your comeback!

AndreaD 16 days ago

Haven't been into kpop for a while now, but seeing this news on my fb feed got me curious as to what KHJ and his gen. of hallyu stars are doing nowadays. Seems like most of them are married, in the military, or disbanded (WG man, arrgghh) Alas, I've dug into some crazy pile for sure. I guess I have been lucky to find out about this fiasco when it's about to reach it's conclusion. This way I am more able to assess the situation instead of giving a reactionary response. Seriously, there is some triggered cognitive dissonance all around here. What I've noticed about hate comments towards KHJ is the the focus of the issue tends to get shifted away from the actual context of the situation. Instead, there is attempt to asset one's (I mean the commenters) identity in opposition to some general/abstract idea: "I" cannot be seen by others as a person who supports abuse, therefore we are all going to have to assume that KHJ is guilty and the girlfriend is innocent. Most of the comments were so inwardly focused (i, i ,i, me, me, me), while the rest are composed of blanket statements. Seems like bad news for the gf to me, since this shows that they don't give a flying F about her. They are after the credit and the validation that their morals are superior and unmitigated, even at the expense of both the gf and KHJ. It just happens that KHJ is easier to drag down in this situation, so they are shooting for him, but they will drag down even both of them just to protect their own identity and biases. And no, in this case it doesn't matter that he is the man and he is the celeb. He is does not have the power in this situation. Let's reframe our perspectives a little bit: SUPPORTING GF + KHJ GUILTY=I AM NOT FOR ABUSE AND WILL NOT BE SEEN BY OTHERS AS SOMEONE WHO IS----SUPPORTING GF + KHJ NOT GUILTY=I WAS STILL ABLE TO ASSERT THAT I AM NOT FOR ABUSE, AND I WILL NOT BE SEEN BY OTHERS AS SOMEONE WHO IS. In both these cases the commenters will be able to preserve themselves and will not be discredited as someone with questionable morals, regardless of what happens to the gf and KHJ. Now lets say you: SUPPORT KHJ+ KHJ GUILTY=ENABLER AND SUPPORTER OF WOMEN BEATERS---SUPPORTING KHJ + KHJ NOT GUILTY=GOOD JOB LOOKING AT THE WHOLE SITUATION, BUT IF HE TURNED OUT TO BE GUILTY THEN YOU JUST ENABLED A WOMAN BEATER. I'm not gonna elaborate on that one, but the worst is those who go "poor women everywhere, now it's gonna be hard for them to come out as a battered woman bc of this. It's not KHJ's fault at all, but this is gonna have a bad impact IN GENERAL"--WTH right? Because people are so narcissistic, it starts to go downhill. Too bad for KHJ and Choi Hye Mi, the main characters in this drama are the netizens typing on their keyboard. The baby? Oh, forget about that prop.

teleri AndreaD 15 days ago

I think you've done a good job analyzing why there are still supporters of Choi Hye Mi out there despite the evidence & court decisions against her.

AndreaD teleri 15 days ago

Thanks. It is very bothersome that people are trying to make this about themselves. I know it is very easy to project onto KHJ because of his idol status, but he is an actual person with a life on the line. The gf is still fine, because it seems like her face and personal information is not out in public.

MargtEsperanza AndreaD 15 days ago

You are right about most of what you said but you just don't get either, there is some of us that really "don't care" about it, we argue the facts with people that say nonsense (like denying real evidence or info) or we bitch at those who insult us, but NO we don't care about the whole "beating" issue, why? because we are not sitting above anyone judging, is not our place and we wont take even if it's offered to us, do you know what I mean? people that really looks at others (famous or not) as equal -non perfect- human beings (men or women) that's the kind of position we are assuming, not just woman defender vs beater defender

AndreaD MargtEsperanza 15 days ago

Hmm. I was trying to contemplate as to why a lot of people are quick to make it about that (meaning women defender vs. woman beater). My point is that it is more convenient to support the gf in general, since if they take her side, regardless of whether she is lying or not they don't run the risk of being discredited or accused of having poor values. I know my writing on that particular post was kinda botched (my original failed to get posted as I am new to this site, so I had to type everything all over again out of my a**). Whereas people who choose to support KHJ will be doubted no matter what. If he is guilty, then people will definitely think that those who sided with him encourage his behavior; If he is not guilty, those who supported him will still carry some type of stigma, because most people will fail to assimilate seemingly two contradicting ideas (He was the one presumably guilty at the beginning of this case, and now he is seemingly coming out from it as the innocent one). For a lot of people, that will be difficult to reconcile, since their minds are already conditioned to believe the initial information that came out, so their brains will try to protect them from discrediting themselves and recognizing that they made an error in judgement. Thus all the blanket statements and the circular arguments. You took a segment of my argument and kinda made your own spin to it, when it is a non-issue in the first place. My intent was to show how easy it is to take one side from the other (in relation to making the issue about one's self as opposed to the objective reality of the situation), and how quickly the argument goes down the drain when that starts to happen. (I'm sorry, but the imperfect human being and being equal thing just sounds so mushy to me, but if that's your reason, then there is nothing wrong with it. Heck, my post was to defend those who have individual reasons as to why they support him like you do. But yea, I do understand that people are complex, but no, people are not equal lololol ). Cheers.

KHJUSAfan AndreaD 14 days ago

You have assesed it fairly well. However its already proven that choi lied and manufactured evidence true haters will still hate and justify that hate. Whata said about me I really dont care. What KHJ will have to endure and overcome for the rest of his life becauae of a malicious pack of lies thats the real issue. People say words dont hurt but they can and once spoken they cant be taken back only atoned for if harmful

MargtEsperanza AndreaD 14 days ago

you are "worrying" (not really more like wondering) about people's thoughts and their motives to defend or accuse, or how they "cope" with the fact he is guilty or not... lol that's the part I dont care, for me guilty or not is the same and for most of us it's like that and not because I have a bigger heart that can forgive everyting or because I dont have moral sense, and the "equal" part yeah we are not, I have a lot of men around me, my dad, bro, nephews, and everyone tell boys "you can't hit girls" but is like tying their hand on their back and telling them, you are just gonna stand there and get hit otherwise you are a pussy and a "monster" and then tell girls "defend yourself" so I correct myself TO ME we are equal, And that's the kind of things I wonder and the only reason I argue and choose Kim Hyun Joong side. It's not just trying to be right, so dont trivialize our beliefs

teleri MargtEsperanza 14 days ago

She's NOT trivializing anything - I'd think the haters would be upset over her posts a lot more than KHJ supporters.

themsbabyg AndreaD 13 days ago

Despite that the truth are 4 court hearings all in favor of KHJ in 2 of the hearings, in delivering the verdicts both judges commented that Chois doing had criminal elements in them. Andlater on she was indicted of fraud and manipulating of evidence. Choi lied from day one almost about everything.

teleri themsbabyg 13 days ago

Yes she did - it takes a certain kind of blindness (which Andrea's been speculating about) to still be defending Choi Hye Mi, that's for sure!

Rainsbaby 16 days ago

dayum this went by superfast....looks good and i hope all is well after his stint in the military service...

erq29772 16 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

Funky_Angel 16 days ago