Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Seohyun reveals she rejected SM's concept for her solo album

By yckim124   Thursday, January 26, 2017   102,628   10,352   92
Seohyun

Girls' Generation's Seohyun shared the story behind the concept of her debut solo album and track "Don't Say No".

During the January 26 airing of 'Cultwo Show', Seohyun expressed, "I'm happy that I was able to have it released in a meaningful year." She also talked about the support from her members, saying, "Their thoughts are delivered even without words because we've been together for more than 10 years. They also always give me support in our group chat."

SEE ALSO: Girls' Generation's Seohyun says she won't forget the precious memories of her first solo promotions

The DJs then commented, "I heard you made suggestions to Lee Soo Man seonsaengnim." Seohyun responded, "The image the agency had for me was too much like a young girl, and it was different from the music that I wanted to do. So I carefully shared my opinions, and they changed the concept, saying they said they'll respect my opinions."

What did you think of Seohyun's concept for "Don't Say No"?

1. Seohyun

JeffBenson 29 days ago

I am not sure about concept ... I just like to see her dance and sing.

noberti 29 days ago

for God sake! why theres so much hate on comments??!imma tell yall this, IT'S HER SOLO! SHE'S ALREADY NOT IN POSITION WHERE SHE MUST REALESE SONG THAT PLEASED MANY PEOPLE!IF YOU DONT BUY THE CONCEPT, THEN JUST PUT YOUR JUDGEMENTAL EYES ON OTHER IDOLS WHO DOING GIRLY CONCEPT!simple as that!

crystalCassie91 29 days ago

I think Lee Soo Man is just getting old and tired X'D. He can't control the grown up kids anymore!

lovelunaa 29 days ago

WHYY SEOHYUN why.. you shouldve done what SM said now look what happen to your solo, it is flopping so hard. if she just did the cute solo = no flop, koreans like that better

noberti lovelunaa 29 days ago

why would she pursue the girly concept to get fame if her heart and mind don't like it?? it's her solo, so it's SM wise to let her choose what concept she will pursue! plus, she's already got fame as SNSD maknae!!! your opinion sounds stupid and idiot from any aspect!

whatever101 29 days ago

definitely UNEXPECTED. Seohyun has always had a pure image so a cutesy concept would have obviously fit perfectly with her debut but she really caught me by surprise with the image she used instead

iislana 29 days ago

Well, her concept is a mess. She shoulda thought harder

noberti iislana 29 days ago

it's her Solo! it's her choice what she want to do. if you dont like it, go to next articel please :)

aiyugwiyeoweo 29 days ago

i'm glad she rejected the young/girly/cute concept, it would've been too cliche, i like her concept rn.

rumifi 29 days ago

Great choice unnie! :) I love this new image.

losertee 29 days ago

Lol. Yeah. Okay. Let's believe what your publicist came up with. Either that or she, too, has been much inspired by Ariana Grande. All of a sudden Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun ALL have Ariana Grande inspired solo's? Lmao. Did they all express that they didn't like the concept SM came up with and just said "No, I want Ariana Grande!"

iisstf28 losertee 29 days ago

... your username really fits you

nami_chan 29 days ago

well good desicion because I love her concept, she looks amazing and her voice is so beautiful.

walk