Dramas

Red Velvet's Joy and Lee Hyun Woo confirmed as leads in new tvN drama!

By yckim124   5 days ago   205,721   40,372   248
lee-hyun-woo,joy

Actor Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet's Joy have been confirmed as the leads of upcoming tvN drama 'The Liar and His Lover'! (working title)

'The Liar and His Lover', produced by Kim Jin Min PD of 'Marriage Contract' and 'Time Between Dog and Wolf', is a remake of a Japanese manga of the same title. Lee Hyun Woo will be playing the main male character Kang Han Gyul, a genius composer who hides his identity. Joy will be playing Yoon So Rim, a high schooler who falls in love with Kang Han Gyul at first sight.

SEE ALSO: allkpop Interview: Tablo answers questions for his book 'Blonote'!

Regarding the upcoming drama, Lee Hyun Woo shared said, "I'm excited that I got to meet the charming character Kang Han Gyul, and the time spent worrying about how to portray him is joyful itself. I will work hard and show good sides of me as I'm greeting viewers for the first time in a while."

The upcoming Mon-Tues drama is set to air after the end of 'Introverted Boss' in March.

1. Lee Hyun Woo
    2. Joy
    3. the-liar-and-his-lover

exogen14 2 days ago

Joy learned to play the guitar just for her audition and cut her hair so short yesterday for the drama, i always knew how hard workign she is and she got the role ❤️💕 btw, they start filiming Jan18th ALLREADY 😳😳😳 the rest of the casts are unknown 😂😂

btoxvelvet 3 days ago

Let judgemental people do their thing. I will not mind them anymore and just focus, support and be positively shook & excited for both of them. ACTRESS JOY RISEEEEE!! DONT MIND THEM HATERS!! FIGHTING SOOYOUNG-AH!!

Haneefah btoxvelvet 3 days ago

YAAASHHHH OUR SOOYOUNG WILL SHOW THOSE HATERS HER INNER ACTRESSNESS !!

exogen14 btoxvelvet 2 days ago

LETS SUPPORT BABY JOYIEE 👍🏼👍🏼🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻☺️

Haneefah 4 days ago

OMGGGG YESS FINALLY MY BABY IS GOING TO STAR IN A DRAMA !!! THAT TOO WITH ONE OF MY FAV ACTORS ?! imma cry right now ;u; ghad this is a (2 year) dream come true ♥♥ and yes to those commenters who question her 'acting experience' .. though she may not have been in a drama, she can act. FIGHTING SOOYOUNG ♥♥♥♥♥♥

dyreen 4 days ago

Can't wait!!! Fighting! :)

WhatisLove27 5 days ago

The power of SM. Lands Kai a horrible actor a leading role, lands Joy a person with no acting experience whatsoever a leading role, made NCT popular despite more talented groups out there. I just don't understand Kpop anymore.

Micelalt3o WhatisLove27 4 days ago

i get it but popularity can't be bought, there is a limit to it, what money can do (gfriend is an example of popularity without that much money) if they got any success at the end is because of the public (twice)

alli_l WhatisLove27 4 days ago

Lol If u doubt Joy's acting capabilities here u go: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhtESlp7OK_5MHAuDBOnjS5V_sqkFjIh-

WhatisLove27 4 days ago

I get disliked for saying the truth, SM is full of retarded fans aswell lmao.

WhatisLove27 Micelalt3o 4 days ago

I have no idea what you're trying to say, seriously, inform me of what it is that you're trying to tell me.

WhatisLove27 alli_l 4 days ago

I still doubt it despite wasting my time watching those videos, thank you for opening my eyes, for my little hope in the drama's success was just tarnished.

alli_l WhatisLove27 4 days ago

I mean really... if u hate the idea of all of Joy acting then dont watch it and ignore it when its released its as simple as that 😌 Theres alot of content out there for you to watch right? We'll see in march really... I MEAN I will see but u dont have to 🙄

couleursang 5 days ago

Yeah I know and I agree with u! I said that it's not because she is under SM that she got the  job but because she is talented!! :)

alli_l 5 days ago

Here's some Joy acting/improvisation content if you are wondering if she could nail the role:   http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhtESlp7OK_5MHAuDBOnjS5V_sqkFjIh-

angelvsdevil 5 days ago

OMG I loved that movie!!! And I love lee hyunwoo!

wharever 5 days ago

too early to judge, hope it goes well

RedVelvetDoesnt 5 days ago

Cant believe these stupid trolls are jealous when RV finally got jobs

Micelalt3o RedVelvetDoesnt 4 days ago

some are just concern maybe they like joy, the manga or lee hyun woo

hi dad hat