Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Social Media

CL's recent photo in taxi causes controversy

By elliefilet   27 days ago   308,941   10,400   604
2NE1,CL

Singer CL's recent Instagram post is causing some controversy online.

SEE ALSO: 2NE1 hits 10 million views on final song 'Goodbye'

The former 2NE1 member recently shared the below photo of her boots in a taxi when she was in Japan. Though the photo has since been deleted, some netizens are taking issue with her post, alleging it was ill-mannered and rude of her to put her shoes against the taxi divider next to the driver's head.

Netizens commented, "It looks so impolite", "This was wrong of her", "Who cares if you have money, you have to be a person first", and more.

What are your thoughts on the supposed controversial photo?

1. 2NE1
  2. CL

shineesylvia 22 days ago

yea it is rude

Gigglygayguy 23 days ago

I love that this is controversy in Kpop. I thought she flashed her Vagina or somthing wbahahahah

alejandra2325 24 days ago

What's wrong with her, so rude

ellagkpopunnie 25 days ago

I love Chae unnie but fans who don't see how rude this is is either #1 a blind stan who refuses to see the mistake of their idol #2 not asian

Toss ellagkpopunnie 22 days ago

A lot of her fans aren't Asian. Perhaps, she has more non-Asian fans than Asian fans at this point. So yeah, I don't get it. I bet you many Asian fans who were raised differently than you also don't get it. There's obviously a plastic screen there, so it's not like she would've accidentally kicked him. I'm more concerned it could've blocked his rearview mirror. However, it's not like she spit on him. Idk & idc.

ellagkpopunnie Toss 22 days ago

This is really rude fo us asians though, it's like putting-your-feet-on-a-table rude. Plus she's in Japan (one of the most respect-conscious asian countries) and not even in her own private vehicle which makes this worse. But yeah since we are raised differently, non asians will probably not get why this is kind of a big deal.

esta118 ellagkpopunnie 22 days ago

Even I think it's rude and I'm not asian, but european. She's in a taxi. Just behave. Besides that this is totally impolite, she could have blocked the driver's view or disturb him, which could have (in the worse case) cause an accident. If she wants to do that in her free time, fine, but she should do it in her own car without strangers involved.

youngtokyo 26 days ago

People are getting angry about petty things. Like, this photo probably took less than 3 seconds to take. It's not like she kept it up the whole cab ride. People on here talking like they're fucking saints too. AHAHAHA

IDontKnowYo 26 days ago

ah honestly it does seem rude to lift your legs up in a moving taxi. It's not even that good of a pic lmao.

dahyessi IDontKnowYo 26 days ago

tell me, how do you know the taxi is moving?

IDontKnowYo dahyessi 25 days ago

by "moving" I just meant one she was using. She paid to be transported not to be able to disrespect the driver :/ I love cl but this is extra and rude

Jinhye_bb 26 days ago

It doesn't look like their feet are touching the glass, they just wanted to take a picture of their boots. Why do people make a big deal because of a photo? Relax... -.-'

PacifistDJ_OKO 26 days ago

what did we expect from someone from YGE, they don't knot manners

ShayMin  PacifistDJ_OKO 26 days ago

How exactly does one "knot" manners? Explain...

Sophia_Sone4ever ShayMin 25 days ago

So yeah put that string over the other string and .... 😂😂😂😂😂😂 okay I m kidding, I was just too tempted 😰

nic3 26 days ago

The arguments being made to defend her are just stupid.. you don't put your feet up next to someone's head(unless you're friends or something) for whatever reason. That's just rude...

Potaetae 26 days ago

I see why this is rude. Showing the bottom of your foot to anyone is degrading in many cultures, but lifting your foot up and putting it near an elderly mans head is disrespectful. Not only is it disrespectful but also dangerous. Holding up your foot like that blocks the rear view mirror which makes it unsafe for the taxi driver. If anything was to happen (thank god it didn't) if the taxi driver had pull the breaks fast, those heals would no doubt pierce through that glass barrier. And lastly, tha car is his WORKPLACE and acting like that in someone's workplace is not alright. I don't care if she "payed him" it simply does not justify her disrespecting him. I don't have anything against CL I really do admire her music. She is also I human and does mistakes. I just sincerely hope that she learned from this mistake, which I'm pretty sure she did. The reason why I'm commenting this is because BLACKJACKS keep defending her making stupid arguments that makes her look even more stupid. I hope that blackjacks and all the other fans would stop defending their faves when they do something wrong and just tell them that it's not okay (not asking you guys to hate on them. There is a difference". I do not intend to hate on CL With his comment.

not today