Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Actor Sung Hoon is disappointed he and Shin Hye Sun didn't win best couple award

By elliefilet   28 days ago   50,327   4,644   20
shin-hye-sun,sung-hoon

Actor Sung Hoon expressed he was disappointed he and 'Five Enough' co-star Shin Hye Sun didn't win best couple at the '2016 KBS Drama Awards'.

SEE ALSO: Introducing allkpop's new chatroom!

The actor picked up the rookie award, but he still thought he and Shin Hye Sun should've won best couple. Sung Hoon expressed on 'Entertainment Relay', "I don't know if I should say this, but everyone around me said I won the rookie award at an old age."

He added, "I didn't think about winning the rookie award, but I did kind of want to win the best couple award and was looking forward to it. I was surprised."

Do you remember the Sung Hoon-Shin Hye Sun couple?

1. Shin Hye Sun
    2. Sung Hoon
    3. five enough

BeachBUMM 19 days ago

These two definitely should've been included in the conversation. They were way better than most that were nominated. They carried '5 Children' after the main leads  got married. Great drama, but it ran out of steam early. Best Couple of 2017.

meanjoke 28 days ago

I feel bad for Shin Hye Sun, she didn't win anything that night. This couple deserved the award.

SahanaE 28 days ago

I know other big names were nominated in the best couple category but I feel like this couple had the best chemistry.

Kminyoungiee SahanaE 28 days ago

I do too but the other couples are big and I knew that they wouldn't win. Let's hope for next time ^^

vujufuvok 28 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: sp)

charl_1996 28 days ago

I was surprised as well! Though I love the Laurel Tailors, I don't know how the maknae couple won.

OnceArmy 28 days ago

Guys is it a good drama??😊 I'm currently watching 2 weekend dramas (50 eps) and I'm not sure if I should start with this one..

favforsue OnceArmy 28 days ago

Five Enough is one of those rare weekend dramas that I watched all the way. It's pretty good. He is awesome in this drama.

OnceArmy favforsue 28 days ago

Oh ok thanks☺ I'll definitely check it out..

BeachBUMM favforsue 19 days ago

I agree...solid leads and cast.

Postit 28 days ago

I know why they didn't win. They were up against Park Bogum, Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Jiwon etc.

meanjoke Postit 28 days ago

Yep but they were in a drama who gathered more than 30% of ratings. And you can't award as much couples as you want in the Best Couple Award. I get why they would be disappointed since two couples who were awarded, their dramas don't go over 15%.

meanjoke 28 days ago

You can award* as much couples as you want

Postit meanjoke 28 days ago

Weekend dramas always have high ratings. Ratings are irrelevant too

meanjoke Postit 27 days ago

Maybe. But Five Enough was the highest rated weekend drama of the year with Tailor of Wolgyesu Shop. Your first comment mention competition for the award but it is irrelevant too since there are no limits to the Best Couple Award. Netizens agree that it is one of the only mistakes of KBS this year. Lee Se Young and Hyun Woo have been awarded when they're not even carrying their drama. Sung Hoon and Shin Hye Sun did. Well, what is done is done.

Postit meanjoke 27 days ago

Their chemistry was so engaging, but I felt that Hye Sun was really rude to Sung Hoon when they were on Happy Together. She kept blowing him off and not showing an ounce of gratitude.

meanjoke Postit 27 days ago

Yeah, she were a little bit more distant but every actress does it because they care about their image and afraid of misunderstandings.

Hyangmi_Ra 28 days ago

they both should win best couple award...their chemistry so real..

osca0923 28 days ago

of course i remember them, they were unforgettable because of their chemistry. i was so frustrated they didn't bag that best couple award, however for me they were the best couple acting-wise & chemistry-wise. hands down

Postit 28 days ago

who won it? These guys were my favourite couple in 2016. Her role in Jun Ji Hyun's SBS drama was lame and uninteresting.

walk