Concerts / Events

KBS & LA Korea Society to hold free K-Pop concert at 93,000 seat LA Memorial Coliseum in April

February 19, 2014 @ 1:09 pm
by alim17
  • 111
  • 3
  • 559
  • 139829
  • 6.1K
What's better than a K-pop concert in your hometown? How about a free K-pop concert!

To celebrate the 111 years since Koreans began immigrating into North America, the LA Korean Society (Korean American Federation of Los Angeles) and KBS America held a press conference at the Korean Meeting Hall on February 10. At the press conference, they revealed that they would be holding a free Hallyu open concert that will also be the largest of all time.

SEE ALSO: [Album and MV Review] Girl's Day - 'Everyday 4'

This event will take place at the 'LA Memorial Coliseum,' which has 93,000 seats and can be configured to accommodate more than 100,000 people for concerts.  The free concert will occur on April 12 for 3 hours starting at 5 PM.

Fourteen of the hottest idol groups will be performing live there while the recorded content will be broadcast throughout 88 countries two weeks later through KBS.  Some of the artists who are scheduled to attend include 2PM, SHINee, SISTAR, CNBLUE, Dynamic Duo, Girl's Day, Kim Tae Woo, and Song So Hee.

The KBS America chairman Choi Sung Won said, "KBS quickly accepted and accomplished the selfless request from the LA Korean Society's chief Bae Moo Han for this free Hallyu concert and decided to take on the entire burden of the huge costs including the concert venue."

The method of obtaining the free tickets will be revealed at a later date.  Will you be attending the free concert?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 566 comments

Sort by:

exosujubias
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 12:00 pm

i have two extra tickets since my friends cant go anymore... email me if anyone is interested
vccutiepie@ yahoo. com

princess-nim
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 1:28 am

...they just released more tickets on ticketmaster if people still need some.

teenfinitearmy
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 12:28 am

I really want to go!! TT ^ TT Can anyone sell me two tickets??

futurekpopstar19
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 2:03 pm
if you still need two, I can give them to you for free.
teenfinitearmy
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 9:03 pm
@futurekpopstar19 thank you, but the concert had already started and I can't get there because how far it is from here. TT ^ TT Thank you though.

siwonnie-girl08
· Posted April 8, 2014 @ 1:07 am

I got two tickets for this concert but unfortunately I can't go due to work so I decided to sell it. Does everyone still interest buying it? If you are interest, please PM me or email me at trinh_trixie_vo@yahoo(dot)com or add my kakatalk (trixnie08)

teenfinitearmy
· Posted April 12, 2014 @ 12:40 am
Do you still have the two tickets?? I really want to go!! T ^ T

izzykp0p
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Selling only one single ticket message me for details

aya-erika
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:32 pm
Please can I have it

aya-erika
· Posted April 1, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

Does anyone have 5 tickets for the concert I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to go. I asked hundreds of people. Please .

siwonnie-girl08
· Posted April 8, 2014 @ 1:21 am
I'm selling two tickets, are u still interest? If yes pm me.
erikaaya
· Posted April 11, 2014 @ 6:49 pm
@siwonnie-girl08 yes im very interested but what does pm mean

smilesannahi
· Posted March 31, 2014 @ 5:23 pm

My sisters and I really want to attend this year but weren't able to get tickets on time! Please let me know if anyone is willing to sell their tickets!!

xtsh
· Posted April 1, 2014 @ 1:05 am
I have two tickets that I'm trying to sell for 50$ each making it 100$ for two because I got them and my airfare ticket but then realized I have an exam that day. And since my airfare is non refundable I'm just trying to make up for the lost. If you are interested please let me know by emailing me at: hthao@pdx.edu and maybe we can work something out!

kawaiikuma
· Posted March 31, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

im so bummed out that i missed the ticket release date!!! That's what i get for working >_< Ticket master says there "are very few left" but will not give me anything :( If anyone got tickets and won't make it from out of state please let me know! I live 15mins away from the arena.

xtsh
· Posted April 1, 2014 @ 1:06 am

exosujubias
· Posted March 31, 2014 @ 2:54 pm

hey does anyone need tickets? My friend decided not to go so there is 2 tickets available. email vccutiepie@yahoo. com if anyone is interested.

kawaiikuma
· Posted March 31, 2014 @ 4:27 pm
totally interested and emailed.

jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 29, 2014 @ 2:39 pm

Did anyone get their tickets? I was on that page the second it hit 10:00 am lol. Right away it showed me 2 tickets for section 22 or something but it didn't say wether it was the upper level, middle level or lower level and I wanted to be on the floor so I researched and it had me waiting for 30 minutes! I had to call the # but all the operators were busy so I ordered them on the automated service. I still have no idea which level I'm on but i'm sure it's not on the floor

Anyone got seats on the floor and would like to switch during 2PM & Cnblue performances? I promise to go back to my seats when they're done! #ImCrazy

aya-erika
· Posted March 29, 2014 @ 12:50 pm

I cant go anymore ; (

smilesannahi
· Posted March 31, 2014 @ 5:05 pm
Are you giving away or selling your tickets? If you are I'm willing to buy or receive them !! ^_^
aya-erika
· Posted April 1, 2014 @ 6:52 pm
@smilesannahi I dont have the ticketsfor the concert

Bethbeez
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

New York... LA... New York... LA.... >.>

msann
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

S H I N e e ..!!

nurulhusna
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 12:20 pm

2pmmmmmmmm

jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 3:55 am

Ok so I tried to reply to everyone who needed this info but I'll just post it here instead so anyone visiting the page (religiously lol) can see it: The tickets will be available for sale on Ticketmaster website at 10 am on 3/29/2014 Search "LA Korean Festival". The limit right now says 2 tickets a person. Ticketmaster charges $0.75 fee.

(First-come-first-serve means waiting until 10am on the site to purchase a ticket. I seriously hope I can get 1 fast enough now that i'm letting everyone know how to get them, lol)

jessieche
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 4:02 pm
I've also been following many sites religiously xD I found out about this info from another site. You're a good person to share this with everyone. I hope we all get tickets in time :3
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 29, 2014 @ 2:17 pm
@jessieche Did you get your ticket(s)?!?

kava
· Posted March 26, 2014 @ 12:11 pm

Every Day Girl's Day!!! Welcome to America!!! It will be the groups 1st trip to the US <3

samantha14
· Posted March 26, 2014 @ 8:57 am

where can we get tickets and when will they tell us.

jessieche
· Posted March 26, 2014 @ 1:04 pm
Some of us have been checking this post everyday since the info was given :( no one knows how to get tickets or when they will tell us :/ sorry
liann24
· Posted March 26, 2014 @ 8:43 pm
i no how to get it and the link but they wont let me post the link :/
jessieche
· Posted March 27, 2014 @ 3:38 am
@liann24 afvrgsnuiktfvedcwdc are you serious?! Screw the link! What did it say??? Tell us everything! (。_。)
punksofpunks
· Posted March 27, 2014 @ 5:52 am
@jessieche Ticketmaster , search LA Korean Festival. Tickets up for grabs on the 29th, 10:00am.
aya-erika
· Posted March 27, 2014 @ 9:53 pm
@punksofpunks do you know where do we buy the tickets please.
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 3:46 am
aya-erika
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 4:53 pm
@jwalkinboice2pm when the tickets are out which botton do I click
aya-erika
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 4:57 pm
@jwalkinboice2pm and do we have to pay the 0.75
aya-erika
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Never mind

dark55
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 9:43 pm

how does one get tickets for this? i definitely going to fly out from Texas to attend.

punksofpunks
· Posted March 27, 2014 @ 5:52 am
dark55
· Posted March 27, 2014 @ 10:02 pm
@punksofpunks oh okay. the 29th? thanks thanks.

aya-erika
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

Ther isanother website that says it going to be broadcasted in KBS

jessieche
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 8:49 pm
This website says the same thing, "recorded content will be broadcast throughout 88 countries two weeks later through KBS".

jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 24, 2014 @ 8:20 pm

Oh my god I will DIE if I can't see 2PM. DIE. But why am I just hearing about this? I completely happened upon this while searching for events from my university's Korean Club. And Nichkhun had a fan chat on twitter a while ago & he said they don't plan on touring in America until they get popular enough or smthng. Is there a legit website for this or what? I searched & found an article on the billboard site but I'd if this is really happening lol

Wow, I just saw Cable in January & I've been craving to see them again.  How awesome would that be?!?

Who ever is planning on going let's all meet there. I want to make some kpop friends.

asholaay
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 1:21 am
im going tooo~~ WHERE ARE THE TICKETS THO :(
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 5:58 am
Lol i meant I just saw Cnblue. Stupid auto-correct -_-
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 25, 2014 @ 6:00 am
@asholaay I'm starting to doubt this event. It's not scheduled on 2PM's site and theirs no official website for it.
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 28, 2014 @ 3:33 am
@asholaay The tickets will be available for sale on Ticketmaster website at 10 am on 3/29/2014 Search "LA Korean Festival"
jwalkinboice2pm
· Posted March 29, 2014 @ 2:42 pm
@asholaay Did you get tickets?