C-JeS Entertainment and AVEX come to an agreement on JYJ-related matters

by jennywill
  • 93
  • 3
  • 386
  • 55893
  • 8996
C-JeS Entertainment and AVEX's long legal battle has been resolved.

On the 16th, C-JeS Entertainment wrote on their official homepage, "C-JeS (JYJ) and AVEX have agreed to end all the legal battles we have had. C-JeS (JYJ) and AVEX will no longer meddle in each other's affairs."

SEE ALSO: JYJ announce additional dates for their Asia tour + upcoming release of '3hree Voices III' DVD

Last year in January, AVEX was told to stop asserting their sole management rights for JYJ in Japan, and were told to pay C-JeS Entertainment 660,000,000 JPY (about 6.5 million USD) in damages.

C-JeS said, "After our win last year, AVEX appealed the ruling. In the end, through the Tokyo High Court's mediation, we were able to settle on an agreement."

C-JeS' CEO Baek Chang Joo said, "We're thankful that the Japanese judicial branch gave us the 1st ruling of securing JYJ's Japanese promotions, and also for them for leading the 2nd agreement. With this, we have finished all fights related to the Japanese promotions. Now that AVEX and JYJ have agreed not to interfere in each others' business, it means a lot in that JYJ's Japanese promotions are officially confirmed as being secured legally. We are happy that JYJ's long legal fight has all finished, and we hope to meet Japanese fans more often and closer through stages."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 386 comments

Sort by:

queen-purple
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAD TO PAY 6.5 MILLION DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor C-Jes!!

jum-jum-da
· Posted February 18, 2014 @ 4:52 am
um, Avex is paying JYJ that amount :?
neendia
· Posted February 22, 2014 @ 10:30 pm
did you mean poor avex? ._.
queen-purple
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 8:12 pm
@jum-jum-da owe. Hehehe I need to get my facts straight. Hehehe

tvxqfangril85
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:07 pm

So happy this is over. I just wanna know which Japanese agency they will sign with. There have been too many rumors. Japanese fans have been so patient and miss them a lot.

krystalanne
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 5:26 am

I think one of the reason all this have finally comes to an end and that Avex & C-JeS have finally come to an agreement was because Avex recently change their CEO and this new CEO have really nothing against JYJ, so why would he want to still fight against them? So an agreement is expected.. I've been waiting for this since Avex's CEO change.. I am just so glad that JYJ can freely promote in Japan now.. Since Japan have been really so supportive towards JYJ even if they haven't promoted there for 4 years now..

cassiopeiacry
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:52 pm

Guys, *gasp* we get a new sasaeng ----> red-rope.

She spammed my notification.  lol

iaktf
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 2:57 am
She's not new actually.. hahaha poor you~

mlgow5
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:41 pm

Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun: I know that the chances of you reading this is close to none, but I just want to say that I am so incredibly proud of you three. You've been through so much these past five years and as an old Cassie, it scared me [and most of us] breathless when we couldn't find your faces anywhere. But you've fought through those walls, didn't let doors that shut in your face phase you from doing what you loved, and now, you shine brighter and stronger than I have ever seen you. Your dedication to everything you set your mind to makes me respect you three to the nth degree, and as someone who plays and loves music, I will support you. You're not perfect humans, but to me, from what I see over these 5 years, you're true inspirations. Thank you for never giving up on yourself, never letting the industry hide your personalities away, never stopping for anyone. I don't know how anyone else feels, but even now, when it comes to you five, I won't call myself anything but a Cassie because Cassiopeia and Bigeast were formed by five, and I will support all five. Proud of your love.

iaktf
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 3:00 am
Oh you made me cry!! I'm proud of them too. They went through so much i don't think other idols would be able to do what they have done. Thank you for supporting the five boys(yep,BOYS) all this while and not taking sides :')
mlgow5
· Posted March 6, 2014 @ 1:01 am
@iaktf *gives you a big hug*
iaktf
· Posted March 6, 2014 @ 1:26 am
@mlgow5 haha aww huggies~

johwa
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:27 pm

GO JYJ !!!! IMUA FOREVER !!!!

inspiritlover321
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:01 pm

Finally. JYJ has suffered so much and now they can finally have a breath of fresh air. I will always support you no matter what. You got your fans behind you so keep on being positive. We love you guys through thick and thin. Always keep the faith!~

lia00027
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 10:12 pm

That is somehow predictable and I'm still hoping for jyj to work together with avex since they changed their ceo last year and didn't promote sm idols as much as before since sm now has its own office in Japan.  SM should learn like avex not to dwelling with the past and move on the good thing is avex is already let go most of its sme stocks so their main focus for korean singer in sm is only tohoshinki. Surely bcoz others can't be as profitable and maintain their popularity like jyj.

tvxqcsjhthegrace
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

thank god  thats greet iam happy jyj please smile  i know it must be tiring

tvxqcsjhthegrace
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

thank god  thats greet iam happy jyj please smile  i know it must be tiring

ftrarst
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:36 pm

JYJ fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftrarst
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:36 pm

tears of happiness................

alli217
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Yay so excited!!! Now that I'm moving to Tokyo I may get to see some JYJ Lives in person!!!!

gisellxox
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:36 pm

OMG IM SO HAPPY READING THIS

JYJ JAPANESE SONGS ARE LIKE THE BEST THING <3

-25

mazel888
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

JYJ brought this downfall upon themselves. If they weren't selfish enough to throw away Yunho's hard work at the height of the popularity, they had to go ahead and break apart the team. I guess greed comes in the way of friendship. It think if you guys read this, it'll shed more light on this JYJ and SM issue. There is absolutely no bias and the guy of the blog is only showing hard evidence. It sucks to know that oppas aren't as innocent as they portay themselves to be. Google up truth about tvxq: roadmap to the truth. It'll take 3 hours to digest and read...

sm1rk
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:02 pm
Ignorant fools who doesn't know what they're talking about are pitiful beings.
darklilith
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:08 pm
Oh STFU SMZOMBIE STAN! Yunho's hard work?! What a load of bullshit! Greed is what your smclowns Bloodsucking Slaving suits are! They FEAR JYJ so much they block them from performing in S.K.! Get your facts straight ZOMBIE!
mazel888
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:14 pm
@darklilith uhh I'm guessing you're a hardcore JYJ stan? If you weren't so delusional and opened your eyes to read the truth and listen to the 6.25 voice file, you would understand what I'm talking about. Do you know why korean fans don't like telling i-fans anything? Because we have a hard time digesting it. I don't want to argue with your baseless attacks toward me. It's my opinion and what I see right, so if you want to deny hard evidence by the court, then so be it.
darklilith
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:22 pm
@mazel888 You are the one using baseless facts. Where you're getting your tripe from IDC! It was even proven in court by a Korean committee just how disgusting, low and unfair sme is! There are countless articles on it...BUT I don't expect logical or rational thinking and intelligence from an sme stan, zombie like you. sme counts on dead heads like you and anyone that follows them like a puppet. Good day to you JYJ doesn't need the likes of you! JYJ FOREVER STRONG FOREVER LOYAL FOREVER LOVE! =)
mazel888
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 8:28 pm
@darklilith um excuse me, I never said I was an SM stan. I was just going by the facts. Have you seen TVXQ's contract back in the days? Do you know how much profit they made from overseas ventures? 70 percent. Granted they only made 2-5% from albums sales, but who was the one spending money on producing the albums rights and everything? SM, losing out on more than they were making. All I'm asking you to do is listen to the 6.25 file and look at the terms of the contract. It was in no way a slave contract, coming from a person who minors in law.
bellpickle
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 9:26 pm
@mazel888 In the past, Yoochun claimed they weren't paid the 70% profit they were promised in their contracts though whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. Regardless, they didn't leave SM purely for financial reasons. They were unhappy with the company and the direction their careers were heading in. And regarding JYJ's supposed downfall, despite the blacklisting, Junsu readily admits that he is happier now than he was w/ DBSK. To me, all five of them seem relatively happy now so there's no reason to pity them or throw shade in the first place.
lia00027
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 10:23 pm
@mazel888 I don't like it when you are using excuse with Yunho's name here (yunho's hardwork) if you don't like jyj just say i'm jyj hater why u even better to create fanwar here and makes cassies and jyj fans upset? trying to get attention aren't u? Instead of just reading 3 hrs bullsh*t news see and learn the circumstances "don't judge the book by its cover". Yunho in his last concert said dbsk consist 5 members no one can change that, Jaejoong said on his last interview if anyone bad mouthing his members he will say "what do u know about us? since you only look outside but don't know what really happened with them". so instead of creating fanwar between jyj fans and new tvxq fans and hurt old cassies's heart just stop writing unnecessary and read what homin and jyj went through all these years.
lia00027
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 10:37 pm
@bellpickle haahahhaha and for sure just see jyj without sm look how they fastly become the richest singers in just 4 years while their schedules were not as hectic like when they were with sm. I feel Jaejoong's coldness when he was first separating with dbsk he never truly laugh at 2010, 2013 everything really changed especially when they made their tokyo dome concert he became warm up and friendlier than before. Yoochun never cry again and he became the strongest of 3, junsu never changed he is still the old funny and noisy junsu. Changmin looked so angry and sad at 2011 but then he the mean lord voldermin changed since 2012 and became not cool, funny, and friendly with the fans, well Yunho the leader looked strong at 2011 and talkative now since last 2013 he always has this cold expression, his blank moment, even his less talk time made me wonder does he strong enough with lee soo man gives him pressure again to hurt jyj under his name? all of this known by old cassies and i like jyj and homin. No matter what "always keep the faith" always reminded by jaejoongie.
lia00027
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 10:39 pm
@mazel888 like u "minor in law"?
superjaeee
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:30 pm
Excuse me- Yunho's hard work? If anything, if JYJ did selfishly throw anything away, then they threw away was the hard work of all five of them. You say you have no bias? Then what about Changmin's hard work, was that also meaningless? Was Yunho the only one in a five-member group? Your entire argument is invalid just by that line.
cassiopeiacry
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 11:42 pm
Yunho's hardwork? lolol, yeah... okay. But lol, downfall? Continue kidding yourself. JYJ hadn't done anything in Japan for years and still manage to sells out everything they touch. Jejungnomics anyone?
iaktf
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 3:12 am
WTF why are there fanwars even now! IF YOU DON'T FUCKING LIKE JYJ THEN DON'T BOTHER READING THIS ARTICLE!! And HULLLOOO JYJ are as popular as TVXQ even thou they were not widely promoted on broadcast. JAPAN LOVES TV5XQ!! The fans like HoMin because they listened to their new AND old songs as TV5XQ and they like JYJ(which is most fans since, like i said, jyj are not very widely promoted so most are "long term" fans) because they knew about their talents during TV5XQ days. SO PLEASE STOP ARGUING OVER THIS BULLSHIT. THESE TWO GROUPS ARE NOW VERY POPULAR BCOS OF THEIR WORK IN THE PAST. No one worked harder. They all suffered together and succeeded together. JYJ did not have a downfall. In fact, they are now very much more popular, even in the politics. TVXQ are still maintaining their high positions in the KPOP biz and even breaking their own records. BOTH GROUPS ARE SUCCESSFUL IN THEIR OWN FIELDS. JUST BE FUCKING HAPPY FOR THEM WILL YA! Idiots... -_-"
dya90
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 5:21 am
@mazel888 What we have here, a brainwashed SM stan or maybe 2VXQ fan. If you want to bash JYJ, at least get your facts straight and stop believing that shitty site truetvxq. bullshit. com! This site is full of lies and hatred towards JYJ and so are you!
mazel888
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 11:51 am
@dya90 I will not bother arguing with someone who refuses to believe official court documents released, with liability placed on statements.
tvxqfangril85
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:11 pm
@mazel888 You need to get lost troll. You don't bother to argue because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
mazel888
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:19 pm
@tvxqfangril85 okay if you see it that way. even if i did provide official court documents and voice files, you still wouldn't believe me. Don't bother arguing with me when you have no proof to back yourself up. And calling me a troll is unaccounted for.
tvxqfangril85
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:27 pm
@mazel888 I was actually there before, during and after the lawsuit when this was all anyone in Kpop was talking about. I'm not one of these upstarts that rely on sites and second-hand info to tell me what happened. The reason so many people side with JYJ (regardless of being a fan or not) is because everyone who was actually around saw how things really went down. That's all these sites that came afterwards promising us the truth couldn't change our minds. I think it's hilarious that you're trying to make everyone else look like they're biased when you're the one who is obviously a SM stan. If I provided official documents and voice files, you would go on thinking the same way you do now. When this whole thing first started I would entertain people like you, even go gather info to back it up. Then you know what would happen? I'd see those same people going around still saying what they were saying before. You're just the same so I won't waste my time. Just don't go around asking holier than thou when you're just a zombie stan, saying exactly the same things that dozens of people have said before you. That's why no one will ever take people like you seriously.
tvxqfangril85
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:28 pm
mazel888
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:32 pm
@tvxqfangril85 I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that I'm an SM stan. And I'm guessing you're assuming I'm not Korean and that I don't have first hand information in my hands.
tvxqfangril85
· Posted February 17, 2014 @ 12:39 pm
@mazel888 Since you're obviously SM biased it's a fair assumption. Also, I happen to know that even a lot of Koreans at the time didn't pay attention to what was going on until JYJ won their partial ruling at the end of 2009. Since Kpop is a niche even in SK, people don't pay attention until a big scandal happens. What made JYJ vs SME bigger is that there were a lot of international fans involved with giving it publicity. Therefore there are Koreans who have no clue about the beginning of this entire case. They came in when it got 'interesting'. That's why I specifically said it was all that 'anyone in Kpop' was talking about.
sm1rk
· Posted February 24, 2014 @ 8:30 pm
@mazel888 ummm I don't know why you keep denying you're not an sm stan when we can clearly see it in your comments

domodomoozxc
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:51 pm

:') finally :') JYJ never give up, you'll get through everything soon, it will get better.

mirellalovejae
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:49 pm

JAEJOONG IS BETTER :333333333333333333

mirellalovejae
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

I love JYJ

14u-kiss
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:21 pm

can someone PLEASE tell me about this story? what is this story about?i heard that they can't perform on stage in korea? is that right? if so..please tell me the reason...

domodomoozxc
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 7:58 pm
They were once in TVXQ, together with Changmin and Yunho in SM ent. Due to being unfairly treated [not very sure with this], JYJ stepped out to sue SM ent their their peak of popularity, they won and ended their contract with SM ent, while Changmin&Yunho remains in TVXQ. After forming their group as JYJ, SM ent still hold grudges towards them, and "warning" music shows not to accept JYJ, SM is influential, therefore no one dares to offend them. Thus JYJ couldn't promote in Korea. They can only act in drama as SM doesn't have much power in drama industry. (There might more wrongs as I am neither a fan of JYJ nor TVXQ) But I trust eventually JYJ will get through it, they deserve better. :/
14u-kiss
· Posted February 18, 2014 @ 7:36 am
@domodomoozxc OK...SM is such a....what should i say...such a loser... poor them...
14u-kiss
· Posted February 18, 2014 @ 7:39 am
@domodomoozxc but thanks for information :)

msloonylily
· Posted February 16, 2014 @ 6:43 pm

So apparently JYJ plans to release new album in latter half of 2014 and aim to promote in Korea and Japan simultaneously. I hope it goes well and they actually let them on shows.