Super Junior's Leeteuk to return to his military service today

by starsung
  • 13
  • 1
  • 92
  • 73099
  • 7357
Super Junior's Leeteuk (31) is returning to his military service today on January 11 KST following his emergency leave to attend his father and grandparents' funeral.

SEE ALSO: Leeteuk attends his father and grandparents' funeral

After hearing the devastating news of his father and grandparents' death on the 6th, Leeteuk made his way to the funeral hall in Korea University Guro Hospital in Gurogu, Seoul, and he and his family were captured attending the funeral on the 8th.

Following his emergency leave of five days and four nights, Leeteuk will return to his military unit in Injegun, Gangwondo on the 11th at 2 PM KST. He will go on to complete the seven months of mandatory military service he has left.

A rep from the Military Manpower Administration stated that the tragedy does not affect Leeteuk's discharge date, "In the case of one's parents dying during military service, there is no rule to allow an early discharge... Although there are cases of reduction and/or exemption based on grounds of difficulties that compromise their livelihood. In those cases, one has to be screened in terms of assets, monthly income, number of family members in his household, and more to apply with the necessary documents and check if they meet the requirements."

SM Entertainment also stated, "[Leeteuk] will be discharged on the set date."

Leeteuk is scheduled to be discharged from military service on July 29.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 92 comments

Sort by:

gao-thao
· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 1:57 pm

SIGH, he's returning too soon. My poor baby needs to take some time off. T^T

smileyyqueen56
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 10:00 pm
I can understand why they are doing this , it's the military so I'm not mad or anything . At least they did alittle something to give him a break . Leeteuk hwaiting ! He's released on my birthday !!!!

saiki-i
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

They got his age wrong. But I feel soo sad for him. Oppa Fighting!

hotteststarlight
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 1:48 pm

My heart breaks for him <3
Oopa, HWAITING!!!!

sebastiangenetic
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

STAY STRONG LEETEUK !

kiyanafosho
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

Stay strong Leeteuk.

asihabrown
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 6:35 pm
I sorry for that leeteuk

puffymimi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 6:07 pm

I hope he stays strong mentally.

simonxforts
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

stay strong!

norcalboi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

Yeah, I  but I  was never a their birthdays, I just knew they were talented. And you right changing their name might not be the smartest thing for them, but Sean puffy combs did it and so did snoop dog lol. Maybe if they stay together as a group they would do the same. And I love my super junior memories like knockout and don't don, I even miss hankyung and heechul friendship.

Celestine
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

That's fucked up. And I see why that guy went out of his way to evade the military service. How can one overcome that type of thing so fast to the point they would have to go back to work and be expected to function at normal rate?

haylin
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 2:23 pm

Stay strong,we are beside you,we will be waiting for you

norcalboi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

I can we he is 31 years old, I had no idea super junior members were that's old, they should change there name to super seniors lol.

marshallcross
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 3:50 pm
They look so young, right? (Especially Sungmin!) But the members are already all between 25 and 30. I always thought it was somehow weird to call them Super JUNIOR since some members are even older than TVXQ, but I think it's ok to be or get older. I think that's still better than seeing kids debuting with 13 or 14... -__- How abou you?
norcalboi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 4:31 pm
@marshallcross yeah I agree I do not think that getting older in age takes away from their talent, and I have enjoyed super junior for years now, super junior and wonder girls were my first groups to introduce kpop, but wonder girls are still young like early 20's so when I read that some of them are almost 30 and none of them look it, it blows my mind. But they should change their name soon we'll the junior part at least lol
marshallcross
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 4:44 pm
@norcalboi yeah, when it comes to age, I'm often surprised by so many Idols... really? you knew them for so many years but never asked yourself how old they are? wow, i wonder how this can happen? because the birthday of the members is one of the first things i look up if i get across a new group. do you think changing their name would be so easy? hmm, i don't know. since they are so well-known now and People already know them as Super Junior and are used to that name. it would be difficult. but I think the name doesn't matter that much if you get to know them better, since not the meaning of the name itself ("Super Junior") pups up in your head if you hear their SJ, but rather the members, the songs, the past memories you shared with them and so on. it really just ended up in an simple, objective designation. You know what i mean? :-)
marshallcross
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 4:45 pm
sara5-8kpop2
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:06 pm
@marshallcross then 'Girl's Generation' should be 'Women Generation' too huh?! :D lol. applicable to most group names in kpop~ still, it's funny up until 30-35..then it's...well, even funnier :D
marshallcross
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:13 pm
@sara5-8kpop2 hahaha, I agree xD
norcalboi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:13 pm
@marshallcrossYeah, I but I was never a their birthdays, I just knew they were talented. And you right changing their name might not be the smartest thing for them, but Sean puffy combs did it and so did snoop dog lol. Maybe if they stay together as a group they would do the same. And I love my super junior memories like knockout and don't don, I even miss hankyung and heechul friendship.
norcalboi
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 5:15 pm
@sara5-8kpop2 or wonder girls could just turn to wonder women, sunmi is definitely a woman now
yusuke22
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 1:29 am
sungmin n heechul never gets old... when they stand/taking pics with exo members, they just like the same age...for example, ming and wookie
marshallcross
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 9:48 am
@norcalboi I see xD Sometimes, Age isn't just that important. ^^ Yeah, I agree :-)
norcalboi
· Posted January 12, 2014 @ 10:45 am

sonelflee
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 12:18 pm

hwaiting oppa! <3

mimi1315
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

Stay strong our leader

ElfShawol96
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 12:01 pm

Oppa fighting! ^^

s2bb-vip
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 11:44 am

:( poor leeteuk... I hope he stays strong.

serendiipity
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 11:21 am

Such a sad way to start the new year...stay strong Park Jung Soo!! ♥♥

muchu
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 10:58 am

ok i get that he has to go back there but why so soon ?

his father just killed himself and his grand-parents and he basically had 2 days after the funeral to spend with his mother and sister ?

at a time like this he should be with his family but he is sent back too fast and he will be all alone.

i'm worried for him, i hope the army will give him some kind of psychologic assistance at least

oh-1812
· Posted January 11, 2014 @ 10:55 am

park Jung soo oppa uri oppa , let's be strong let's try to !! oppa i thought abt this actually for a while and i think it's really better tht you are in the army now , if you were doing your regular schedules as an idol it will be even harder you 'll have to fake a smile and laugh when you are deeply hurt so i guess this is better at least uri Jung soo won't have to fake his feelings for anyone's sake !! uri Jung soo i really hope you can sort it out while trainning in the army  tht you will not hold your feelings Inside and uri Jung soo we will wait for you until you come back we will keep waiting stronger than ever !!