[Updated] SHINee's Key and INFINITE's Woohyun rumored to be forming a duo unit + SM Entertainment responds

January 24, 2014 @ 2:05 am
by starsung
  • 99
  • 8
  • 381
  • 174229
  • 9769
Best friends SHINee's Key (23) and INFINITE's Woohyun (23) are rumored to be teaming up as a unit!

SEE ALSO: INFINITE release teaser for their Japanese song 'Dilemma' in collaboration with Tomoyasu Hotei

According to an exclusive report by 'Ilgan Sports' a music insider revealed, "Key and Woohyun have formed a subunit to debut toward the end of this February and will bring music and performance that is totally different from their respective groups."

The media outlet states that they've confirmed with a rep from the agencies, who reportedly stated, "At the earliest, they plan to release an album next month or in March or April at the latest. We are exploring their various potential and forming an optimum combination... The team name has not been set yet and they are currently preparing for recording. It would be good to anticipate the synergy effect of the two same-aged members."

Although this might have sounded completely off in the previous years, it doesn't seem so now with the merger of SM Entertainment's SM C&C and Woollim Entertainment. We've also been seeing TASTY, another Woollim artist, joining SMTOWN concerts and opening for Girls' Generation, so a unit between a SHINee member and INFINITE member does sound quite possible.

Stay tuned for any updates that may come!

[Update] - SM Entertainment has responded to this report, offering statements to two different media outlets. To TVDaily as well as Osen, the agency stated, "We are currently in talks about promotions for a Key and Woohyun unit, but we have not decided on any details or time period." It's said Woollim has also offered a similar response about nothing having been confirmed as of yet.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 383 comments

Sort by:

lucyndaouo
· Posted February 26, 2014 @ 8:20 am

ouo cannt wait omg.

aigomoninamieun
· Posted February 20, 2014 @ 9:21 am

The two best friend are finally forming unit group :3

oniondip
· Posted February 20, 2014 @ 8:08 am

hwaiting oppa!!! ^^ but if this is a subunit, doesn't that means there's more work for both of them? hahaha XD

inspiritlover321
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

inspiritlover321
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

verutza
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 11:51 am

I hope they'll have success

year1992
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 9:02 pm

If this is true that they are forming a subunit, and that is what Woohyun wants, I am glad :) .But does it mean that Woohyun & Key will eventually leave their own group? I really really don't want to see that happen! Because 1/7 of Infinite = Woohyun , and Woohyun = 1/7 of Infinite .And Infinite = 7 members , missing one is not Infinite anymore! Same to SHInee too!   No matter what the decision he makes , I will support him! Fighting Woohyun :)   Fighting Key :) waiting for what two of U will bring . ;)

bubbleee_tea
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 6:27 am
You do realize a subunit means they're basically working together. Singing together. A that's why it's called a subunit; a subdivision of a larger unit. They'll have there own group as well as their own Woohyun and Key group. It does not mean either is leaving the original group.
oniondip
· Posted February 20, 2014 @ 7:49 am
i totally support them!!! but doesn't that mean they'll have more work to do? XD hwaiting all of you XD

sowalf
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 5:26 pm

I'm actually very happy about this. I love SHINee and I love INFINITE and seeing the singer and rapper from each group is pretty cool. This'll be interesting to see a SM and Woollim collab. I can't wait~ ^_^

ani07
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

if this is true than I`m glad for key having a chance to be in the spotlight for once, together with woo of couse.^^

obeykhadijaa
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 3:27 pm
key does get a lot of spotlight hes able to do many musical and things like that key doesnt get the short end lol

toeferitasditas
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

It's not unusual for SM to collab from other groups because they had SM the Ballad, Younique, etc...

oniondip
· Posted February 20, 2014 @ 7:49 am
true

toeferitasditas
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

What if they are really in a relationship and this sub unit is just an excuse to be together always @.@

oniondip
· Posted February 20, 2014 @ 7:50 am
omona! SHOCKING! XD

inspiritely
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 12:46 pm

Oh wow. I so did not read that right... Did anyone else read: "SHINee's Key and Infinite's Woohyun rumoured to be dating?" Oh my fangirl OTP mind...

lovelymex3
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 1:32 pm
TRUE!! I was going to die *.*
verutzza
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 1:50 pm
elfcloud
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 4:26 pm
yes, i was like " What?wow, Awesome *-* " but then I realized it was just my fangirl mind trolling me ... again.
rozkyxx
· Posted February 5, 2014 @ 6:30 am
Same here... I was going nosebleed when read it for the first time xD

honestee
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 10:24 am

I almost thought they were rumored to be doing something else

harumi
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 10:15 am

Maybe they were the one that suggested the idea to SM. Heechul had a collaboration with T-RAX, Jungmo. He said that he suggested it to SM, and then SM gave them a budget, bam, they debuted. So you guys asking for Sunggyu and Woohyun colab, should probably stop. I do love both of them, their voices are heavenly but Woohyun and Key are close, so they are probably more interested in doing this since they probably talked about it in the past. The sub-unit name and also debut haven't been decided so chill your pants peoples.

amai16
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:47 am
No offend . I love shinee and infinite but why don't you do a subunit with your own member instead of someone who's not from yours member . I want him and sunggyu to be in a subunit and many fans look forward to it as well. Infinite V= infinite vocal . But anyways i hope everything works out. Fighting key , fighting woohyun :).
alexy97
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:57 am
that's what i thought about too..
poopy6910
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 10:06 am
Infinite V sounds like poop.

YuBeNico
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:47 am

Sounds boring.

shineexodork
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:42 am

I'm so excited for these two :DDD

raveyou
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:26 am

Am i the only person who, after reading the first few words on the article's title, thought that it was **Updated, shines and woohyun are dating** =____=

ni_azevedo
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 11:45 am
I don't think the world of Kpop is ready for such news. I know fan girls write fanfics about this but the reality I don't think they would accept it. But I would be happy for them kekeke

alexy97
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:20 am

not that i hate Shinee or anything..beside!i love them,maybe not as much as Infinite but I still love them because of their voice and their song but i want to see Woohyun make a colab with Sunggyu more..their voice matched for each other and it's a waste if nobody doingsomething with that..

even this make me felt slightly sad but i'm still happy for Woohyun though..hope he can do well(even i know he will!Fighting Woohyun!!) with Key...Fighting for those two and I still want to know what the result that will being make by SM entertainment..

ellecha
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:30 am
i agree :(
alexy97
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:38 am
@ellecha glad that there's someone who agree with me..
ellecha
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 12:09 pm
@alexy97 it's also making me more confuse after they assured us that infinite will still be on their own.. and now, we have this. i'm sad.. i know they're friends, but this is just ㅠㅠ. i can't even express what i'm feeling now through words..so i guess it took you a while before you came up with your post too. it's frustrating 'cause i know i shouldn't be like this, if there'll be more negative responses about it, it would make woohyun sad.. it's just that im concern and worried for him. ㅠㅠ but still, no matter what. i will support him
alexy97
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 6:29 pm
@ellecha the same with me and let's hope that everything will going well and support all of them!Woohyun Fighting!Infinite fighting! :)

asa_ajisaka
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 6:10 am

Woohyun has sweet ballad voice,,Key has powerful rapp...looking forward for this Subunit

den2chan
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 4:11 am

91 line jjang !!! i love interaction between Namu n key, now we can see them at stage together :D