Cha Seung Won apologizes on behalf of his son

by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 96
  • 87985
  • 687
Actor Cha Seung Won came forward to apologize on behalf of his son Cha No Ah who was recently charged for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor.

SEE ALSO: Cha Seung Won's son Cha No-Ah faces a sexual assault charge

The actor posted his apology on me2day and shared,

"I am Cha Seung Won. Before the actor Cha Seung Won, as a father who wasn't able to raise his son well, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Aside from all of the facts, as a father with a son who has been hit with a controversy, I feel a sense of moral responsibility and I am unable to hold in my deep sadness. I bow my head and apologize once again."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 96 comments

Sort by:

jeesungwiyomi
· Posted September 6, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

Why is his son always in trouble I feel bad for seungwon :/

leshiraz
· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

Ouch big time, the anguish for him and his family!! Ottoke! his son seemed like got the case of power hunger as a son of a famous actor and thought he was invisible to the law perhaps? i could only imagine CSW's reputation and his devastation for having a son who behaved so badly. I feel for him and his family, Stay Strong.

extramileee
· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

evez
· Posted August 5, 2013 @ 11:08 pm

...omo!!..i felt dishearten on this one...i really admired Cha Seung Won...he's a good actor and being a well known actor and be dragged on this kind of difficulties can be so weighty..

yimeon-jyj
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

Oh no!!! This is not the news that's I want to hear about My Ahjussi crush !! I know Seong Won.,I think he is one of the parents who kinda spoiled their children..and that's big problem !! anyway I'm not here to judge anyone.I just hope this will not affect our beloved SeungWon image !! sure it's his stupid son mistake and he need to reflect himself now or another scandle will come up !! he is adult enough (the same age as me) to take the responsibility !!! and of course my heart goes with the victim and her family ..

التراجع عن التعديلات

لا تزال هذه اللغة في مراحل التطوير الأولية، ولا تتمتع بنفس معايير الجودة التي تتمتع بها اللغات الأخرى لدينا.

">Alpha

التراجع عن التعديلات

">Alpha

yimeon-jyj
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

التراجع عن التعديلات

">Alpha

التراجع عن التعديلات

">Alpha

hanalala1
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 3:02 pm

i feel sorry for him, i hope everything going be alright

hanalee007
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 5:15 am

I guess the rumors are right. I think yes the son is at fault because he can think what is right and what is wrong as an adult. But the parents are at fault too because there should be a reason why the son is acting that way. Maybe he doesn't get enough love since his parents are so busy. There's a reason why he get involved with a bad friend. We never know.

kittykhatz
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 4:11 am

Whoever your parents are or what environment you grow up in. You choose to be who you are...no matter how many times people tell you what to do... in the end...it's your actions...and your own decision. just like two different children with alcoholic parents. One grew up being an alcoholic himself while the other stayed away from the vice. When both were asked why they chose to live the way they did, their answer was simple but identical, "because my parents are alcoholics."

kpop17
· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 5:16 pm
I extremely Love and Respect your comment....

kittykhatz
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 4:11 am

chuzzle
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 3:18 am

Aigoo, how can i say this without getting ppl telling me to go die? If the girl is not lying, i do believe that the parents are at fault to some degrees. While reading the article I start to question the environment this guy grew up in. Was he spoiled as a child? or were his parents always busy n did not give him enough attention and this is his way of asking for attentions? Was this actor always so busy with his acting career that he doesnt have time to getting to kno his son? or maybe the actor didn't spank his son hard enough? (m asian and my parents beat me up wen i did sth wrong, k?) of course I do agree with ppl saying that some kids just cant be helped and don't wanna b helped, and in that case, i feel bad for this actor. But as for now I do think his parenting skills has sth to do with this (more or less) though it's the son who did it, he did the right thing to come out and apologize.

xeereex-twitter
· Posted August 5, 2013 @ 8:23 pm
Agreed

kulsomeghous
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 2:47 am

OMG... way to ruin ur father's respect and dignity... i feel so sad for him... i hope this issue clears up soon.. :(

v8diva
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:55 pm

Cha Seung Won is not responsible for what his son did and I hope people don't blame him as if HE did it! But being the parent of the accused, I know it's hard on him. As for the case itself I would wait until all the evidence is in BEFORE making comments on it.

damyoungji
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:49 pm

Despite the fact that he believes it is his responsibility, I hope he does realize that his son is a grown man who can think for himself and that no matter how well parents raise their children, there is no guarantee that their children will not commit crimes or immoral actions. I just hope his son smartens up after this controversy (that is, if he did sexually assault the victim) and realize the wrong decisions can hurt those around him.

blaqgirl
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:20 pm

There are some people who are blaming Cha Seung Won for his son's wrong doings when it's something out of his control. In my opinion, no parents wants their child to become that way. Most parents try their best to raise their kids up with good morals, but sometimes it doesn't go the way they want. Some kids can't be taught. If a child is bad doesn't mean his/her parents are bad also. They did their best to raise their child, but sometimes it doesn't work out the way it's suppose to. Some kids just don't listen. I actually admire Cha Seung Won for coming out and apologize for his son like that. I can't imagine how much it hurts to admit his son as being a rapist and apologizing for it.

aprilfool
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

i feel sorry for cha seung won. as a son i dont think its right to make your parent apologize for his own crime...

comic-book-guy
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

kind of like Jackie Chan's son, living off on daddy's wealth and fame, disobedient and fail in life.

gagsital
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:53 pm
in summary an asshole !

YuYanGz
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

kid gets his head big when he has a famous dad, as a dad, scandal on his own child is far more hurt than scandal on himself. Perhaps Actor Cha is too busy too to care and love his kid and cause his kid to turn naughty.

hithere
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:16 pm

Article: Cha Seung Won's son Cha Noa sued for sexually assaulting a minor

Source: Asia Today via Nate [2]

1. [+1,341, -21] What an amazing kid... First marjiuana and now sexually assaulting a minor.. How does he expect his father to walk around with his head up?

2. [+1,299, -34] It hasn't even been that long since he made his dad ashamed with his marijuana controversy, now he's basically smearing sh*t all over his face with this. What a trash of a kid.

3. [+1,286, -97] Exactly how poorly do you have to raise your kid for him to turn out to be such trash like this? What a crazy kid shaming his dad like this

4. [+973, -57] I remember Cha Seung Won saying he got married and had a kid so early that he basically lived for his household and child. Never had time to make any friends because he was so devoted to his wife. He worked so hard for his family... Noa, what exactly is the problem? As if marijuana wasn't enough, you pull this off? If I grew up in such a loving environment as yours, I wouldn't be afraid of a thing in this world. I feel so sorry for your father.

5. [+850, -25] How can Cha Seung Won show his face in Korea after being embarrassed so badly by his son. Can't even blame anyone else because it's his own kid...

6. [+746, -84] Way to ruin your father's life tsk tsk can't blame anyone but yourself for raising your son poorly like that

Article: Cha Seung Won makes an official apology, "I apologize from the bottom of my heart as the father of a son in controversy"

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+1,423, -34] Worst son in the world for turning his own parents into criminals...

2. [+1,180, -96] Of course Cha Seung Won isn't completely innocent himself since he's now known as a parent who raised him like that... He's an adult now, he needs to be taught that he should take responsibility for his actions

3. [+1,081, -31] Sigh, go reflect, Cha Noa. Smearing sh*t all over the honor your father has worked to build up.

supernerd
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

As a parent, you will feel that you are responsible for what your child has done. But if you haven't gave your child any like intentional trauma in his or her life then what your child has done that doesn't seem like how they normally are around the family, then it's something you can't control.