CNBLUE files injunction against Crying Nut for spreading false information

by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 110
  • 36143
  • 571
CNBLUE has filed an injunction against Crying Nut.

CNBLUE's label FNC Entertainment is currently undergoing a lawsuit battle with Crying Nut and they filed an injunction in order to prevent Crying Nut from spreading false information. According to CNBLUE, Crying Nut has been using their homepage as well as various interviews to talk openly to defend their own side, which causes CNBLUE's image to be harmed.

CNBLUE said, "The company that used the song without permission was not us, but CJ E&M. The company that planned and sold the Japanese DVD is not us, either." They demanded that Crying Nut stop making one-sided statements until the lawsuit was finished

SEE ALSO: Crying Nut releases an official statement in response to CNBLUE and FNC Entertainment's apology

As a quick recap, Crying Nut filed a lawsuit against CNBLUE because the idol band previously performed Crying Nut's "Offside" on 'M!Countdown' back in 2010 and the recorded performance was later included in their DVD released in Japan.

However, Mnet had stepped forward to say they would be taking responsibility for the lawsuit. Crying Nut responded by asking Mnet to not interfere in their lawsuit against CNBLUE. FNC Entertainment and CNBLUE then issued a formal apology on their website.

Source: Star News

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 110 comments

Sort by:

leanxoxo
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 1:04 am

i don't understand why Crying Nuts is still fussing over with this. CNBlue and FNC already apologized, considering that they were not at fault to what happened. and mnet is obviously taking all the responsibility for it, so what does Crying Nuts wanna prove by dragging CNBlue to this??! get over it and move on..

krevice
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

NBlue does an interview with AllKpop:

AKP > Each member of CNBlue is squeezing and grinding two marbles in their hand?

CNBlue > Yes, this symbolizes our intentions for the gonads of 'Crying Nut!'

AKP > This seems like BALLSY behavior on the part of CNBlue?

CNBlue> Yes, and our next song will be titled "Squeezing Nuts!"

AKP > You will release partial lyrics to it now?

CNBlue > Yes, the words to the song go like this:

"We'll Squeeze their nuts until they cry! ...

And then they better let their lawsuit die! ..."

AKP: Do you think that 'Crying Nut' might sue you for defamation of character?

CNBlue > 'Crying Nut' is always crying, so go figure.

AKP > Thank you, CNBlue!

zoia-kamal
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

who said that crying nut most popular in Korea ? I am not Korean but if that is true I cannot get it ...... when you have a band like CNBLUE and like other bands & really this the first time I heard of crying nut....... anyway CNBLUE fighting

nguzzz
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 11:15 am

Mnet is piece of crap, never learn the reason to protect their own idols, even if they belongs to its subsidiary labels..

moon-ct
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 10:55 am

At the end of the day,when everything is settled and CNBLUE  wins the lawsuit, they will be the five crying nuts.

xtenshiai
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 11:33 am
LOL "five crying nuts"

shinee-cnblue
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 10:29 am

CNBLUE fighting!!!!!!!!!

boolove
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 8:23 am

goodbye cnblue

bluepm
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 7:52 am

Seems like Crying Nut or whatever nut are really going nuts trying to put down CNBLUE. Can't they just be happy that the big company compensated them for their song? And didn't that big company already said CNBLUE and FNC has nothing to do with it?

soojunga
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 4:45 am

Crying Nut are just nuts. I might not know them but found out they have been in the music industry for so long, yet they're doing such a childish thing? I'm not even a BOICE, I'm a Cassie, and feel proud when singers nowadays still sing their songs, even if it's just a small part. I believe when CNBlue sang this song back then, I'm sure they respected Crying Nut as a sunbae. If I were one of the members in Crying Nut, I'll be happy when I see younger generation artistes cover my song. I'm not sure if they take rights but isn't normal for artistes to cover other songs when they perform M! Countdown? (Unless they only did not ask permission from Crying Nut.) CNBlue got more popular since 2010 to now, so are they jealous and want to gain attention?

MidoriAkiko
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 2:05 am

I don't understand what Crying Nut wants at this point. Money: they've been compensated by Mnet. Acknowledgement: FNC and CN Blue have apologized publicly. What is their motive at this point? Do they just want CN Blue to stop making music?

nicxie
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 12:46 am

Err. I don't even know Crying Nut. :p No matter what, CNBLUE fighting!!!

imkathyy
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 11:22 pm

CNBLUE. WHY ARE YOU SO HOT. OMG

imkathyy
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 11:21 pm

its ok bbys. just walk it off just walk it off. crying nut or watever nut is just trying to get fame by you guys. its ok. I love you.

ChangMin-Honey
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 10:56 pm

Now it seem like Crying Nut is trying to make bank and ruin their rep. Looks like jealousy.

2pmhottesttt
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

again...this is a case like the one where MOK files injunction against Dal shabet.

don't know Man of Korea, neither do I know Crying Nut. btw, these names are weird.

eh...guess these unpopular groups are trying to gain some fame.

mblaq-mirho
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 9:34 pm

no other artist gonna remake crying nut song after this. afraid they gonna b sue

xtenshiai
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 11:34 am
yeah. i mean cnblue obviously liked crying nuts, otherwise they wouldn't have included them in the dvd. i dont undestand why they have to go this far.
mblaq-mirho
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:21 pm
@xtenshiai no,its not cnblue job to include d song. they know none. but they&d comp willing to b responsible. but i guess u cant b to nice or people will step at u back

vickydangnn
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

seriuosly, for some reason i think crying nuts is just using this to gain fame for some reason. bc b4 this no one really knew of them but after they started sueing cnblue for using their music n all they got more known. so i think crying nuts is just using this tactic to gain fame

MusicAllDay
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 8:24 pm

I think crying nut is just trying to get attention from this....

vbninja
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 7:46 pm

Even Crying Nut's FANS are saying they have gone too far.  I AM NOT one of their fans and now will never even listen to them because of how they have behaved in this incident.  They have been non-bending, ever hateful and constantly accusing others instead of just owning this unique event and taking what was originally offered them when the BIG COMPANY stepped up and offered to take responsibility.  That's fine that they didn't want anything from them, but they aren't get ANYTHING from CNBLUE as a result of their poor response in the beginning. They are poor business people and they deserve to shrivel up and blow away!!!

auron21
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

I was and still am a fan of Crying Nut, I found out about them quite a few years ago, I don't follow them as much as I used to but in this case I do believe they are going a bit overboard with the lawsuit and it does seem like they are going for publicity outside of Korea. Yes they were taken advantage of but they are going after the wrong people in this case. FNC and CNBlue were both told that everything was taken care of and they just had to perform the song. I believe that CNBlue was contacted at such a short notice that they couldn't practice the song entirely so they had to handsync it but that happens all the time on music shows that have multiple artists in a 1 hour show. Mnet did not get the proper ok to have CNBlue play the song nor have the rights to have it on the dvd so they took the responsibility and paid Crying Nut. Crying Nut is widely popular in the indie scene and working with non idol groups but I think they are pushing it with this lawsuit. Yes they should be compensated for what happened but from the right people and not the group who was put in the middle and wrongly accused.

miguksaram
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 7:07 pm
Yet again, the most coherent response that considers the issue from all angles is from someone who is at least AWARE of k-indie music. Thank you for allowing me to not lose all hope in AKP.
teenmaniac
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 9:21 pm
Although i haven't heard of Crying Nut before this article i thought it was weird that they asked Mnet to step out of the disagreement. I have to say this is the best comment i have seen so far about the lawsuit. The majority of comments seem to either say their looking for more money or fame.
auron21
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 3:06 am
@teenmaniac They probably asked Mnet to stay out because they signed an agreement that MNet would pay "an amount" to Crying Nut for the illegal use and copyright of their song. From what I can see in all the different articles if that agreement is brought into the lawsuit between CNBlue and Crying Nut then it would show MNet being at fault not CNBlue and that Crying Nut was properly compensated.
auron21
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 3:28 am
@miguksaram I enjoy the indie scene now that it is becoming easier to find new groups and bands in the scene. Crying Nut, Black Skirts, Urban Zakapa, BNR, Geeks are some of my favorite groups. I like all music from indie to mainstream Kpop. Crying Nut has been in the business for so long so I can see from their point of view when their song gets used and profited from but they get nothing. But they reached an agreement with MNet and were compensated for copyright and dvd sales. MNet took full responsibility for it and Crying Nut should know how the business works and stopped it there.
teenmaniac
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 1:39 pm
@auron21 So what is their actual problem with CNBlue? I thought that they signed the agreement with Mnet for the distribution of the dvds while their sueing CNBlue for copyright infringement?
auron21
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 4:39 pm
@teenmaniac The explanation that Crying Nut gave was weird. Basically because CNBlue faked or Handsync their song Offside they are suing for copyright infringement based on CNBlue misrepresenting and fooling viewers that they were actually playing the song and making viewers believe it was their song. I think MNet paid for everything and opening took responsibility for everything that happened.