Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by jennywill AKP STAFF 11 days ago

Seungri's KakaoTalk messages leaked while one of the group chat members were fixing his phone

Seungri's KakaoTalk messages were leaked via a phone repair.

According to YTN, the source of a leak was a fellow celebrity who was also in the chat. The celebrity left their phone for repairs, and the messages were leaked through the repair service and to the media.

The report has raised some concerns on privacy matters, because this would mean that the repairmen are looking through people's private messages - especially if they're someone famous or important - and reporting them to the public.

1. Big Bang
  2. Seungri
61 166,691 Share 90% Upvoted

mzmkim 11 days ago 15
11 days ago

The repairman probably should be persecuted as well. Sets a dangerous precedence that celebrities don't have a right to privacy.

That being said, glad this scandal came out in the open so the victims can finally find some justice. I love how this started with Seungri being criticized for having stake in a club that potentially was responsible for assault, and Seungri's like "na hold my beer. Here's some prostitution, drugs, invasion of privacy, rape, and a group of celebrities that were all aware of it"

15 more replies

Mickeytime 11 days ago 3
11 days ago

On a technicality, disregarding the actual content of the messages, this was a huge invasion of privacy. Fixing the phone would not have required anyone to look through private messages and then proceed to take them to the media. This entire time I was wondering how exactly the reporter got a hold of private messages without stealing 'evidence'. Isn't this illegal?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend the idol or to prosecute him. I'm just saying that if evidence in Korea was illegally obtained then it shouldn't just be the idol defending himself against a crime. Not sure how it works, but are they even allowed to accept those messages as solid evidence?

Anyway if all this mess is true then he should be punished, but if it's not exactly what it looks like, then all these people basically destroyed someone else's life based on what they thought/heard happened without waiting for the end result. Yeah, I think I will actually wait for a conviction.

3 more replies