Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 15 days ago

(G)I-DLE's Shuhua opens up about feeling empty + struggles of idol life in a letter

(G)I-DLE's Shuhua delivered a sincere message to fans.

For Lunar New Year, Shuhua posted a letter via Weibo. The idol opened up about the struggles she had in the first year of her K-pop debut, and also shared strong determination and encouragement to make the new year a better one.

Her letter reads as follows:

Happy New Year!

It's the new year. I hope I, as well as all of you, will have a fresh beginning. What I learned last year, the people I've met, the issues I faced, the things I encountered - some I am thankful for and some I am not.

2018 was a very important turning point in my life. I debuted and stood on stage as part of a K-pop girl group. Everyone thinks I've achieved my dreams. Of course, standing on stage was my initial dream and it still is. However, my heart still feels empty, to be honest.

In the beginning, I was filled with excitement looking at the comments, but as I looked and looked, I eventually found myself gathering up the courage just to go online. There was a period of time when I wasn't willing to go online at all. I know my life has already started to become more magnified, and the so-called 'idol standards' has a system in place that regulates and compares.

It's okay though. I will definitely find balance, stay optimistic, and continue improving myself, to digest and breathe. I will not compare myself to others and I hope all of you will not compare who's better, or who's worse.

Someone who's focused on working hard and always have a goal in mind will never stop growing. The only obstacle is time. Now, all I need is belief. It doesn't matter if it's this year or in the upcoming years. I will live my life brilliantly if there are no mishaps. Creating a story every year from the start to the end, and it will become my life. I hope Shuhua of this year and the Shuhua of every year will make the Shuhua, who first had a dream, feel happy and proud.

Happy New Year to me, and to those who see this.

1. Shuhua
21 34,784 Share 88% Upvoted

JakeyWantsCakey 15 days ago 5

WOW.

No offence but I really didn't expect this coming from her maybe it's because she's not very good at Korean yet but I never expected her to be so thoughtful, mature and eloquent. Wise words from someone so young, I'm impressed!

TheTgbx 15 days ago 1
15 days ago

i had the exact same thoughts its a very mature and impressive!

mokan (Banned) 15 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

booitsjwu 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

She wrote it in Chinese. This was posted on her Weibo (Chinese Tumblr/Facebook).

NanoX 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

A lot of her Weibo posts are very mature and really well written. And yes, if you see her behind the scenes you don't expect her to be so mature when talking about her problems.

2 more replies

Cherrishes 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

im amazed that was a beautiful and wise letter, gonna stan her for sure♡♡

judithleexd 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

I hope she continues to grow and achieve her goals in a healthy manner. It is sad how idols are pretty much kept in a glass cage while outsiders look on with a magnifying glass, whether that be by her company, fans or anti. I hope she has the strength to bare with it, and if she can't, the courage to remove herself for her own good. Overall I hope that one day, although it may not be removed altogether, but that some pressure to be taken off in regards to idols standards, even if it's as simple (obviously not to all) as allowing idols to date. No more dating scandals, as in it's not something to even be considered a scandal

T_ara_Sone_Blink 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Beautiful memoir! You go girl just entertain! Social Media is a mine field, there will always be crazed fans ! The better (G) idle gets, the more they will be a threat to other fandoms! As for me, I like good music and I love your mind bending MVs. I am excited about (G) idle’s next number

happy1201 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

I'm impressed. Usually it takes idols longer to get over the honeymoon period and make this kind of realization, but the fact that she's already thought about it so much, so early on in her career shows a high degree of introspection and self awareness. And the fact that she can find herself and voice these thoughts in the midst of everything--including her group's success--when it probably seems like everyone around her is riding the wave and having the time of their lives is just, really amazing. I have newfound respect for her. I truly hope that she finds what she is looking for, and that she doesn't force herself to settle for anything less.

Jonis 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

just dont read hate comments, dont give a shit about them.

fightin !!!

cjnvm 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

She writes with such charm. Soyeon should let her work on some lyrics for their next song(s).

moonie97 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

Wow after watching videos of g-idle backstage on Cube’s youtube channel and seeing how Shuhua’s such a beagle with so much energy and aegyo, this is unexpectedly mature. Beautiful with a good head on her shoulders and heart :)

cp26 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

This girl just keeps on amazing us

OnceInTwiceland 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

I’m really proud of her.. I hope she lives a comfortable life

hiroonakamura 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

sounds like she's in the first stage of depression. i hope she gets the help she needs and deserves

delta_yu 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

The Idol life is tough, i'm glad she's addressing these feelings now and not when its too late. Wish her the best!

MXKpopFan 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Good head on her shoulders ... that pic ya’ll used of her is stunning btw.

edurance 15 days ago 0

wow, just WOW!

Ah_Chuu 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

She sounds like a really smart and together young lady, I don't think she's gotten much of a chance to show her individual strengths through (G)I-DLE promotions yet because all the members are so interesting, so it's nice to find out a bit more about her. I hope idol life goes on to be overall a positive for her.

Stopudelulu (Banned) 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

still nugu and already complaining. Poor gidle having a dumb member like her

3 hours ago   11   3,426