Netizens are not taking kindly to Seungri's club scandal and many are asking him to take responsibility.Below are netizen reactions on YG's official statement, Burning Sun clarifications and firing of staff involved:
Article: Burning Sun reps, "Seungri was not at the club on the day of the scandal... We have fired the person who committed the assault"
Source: Donga Ilbo via Nate
1. [+229, -3] Excuse me? You monster, do you think firing him is all that matters? As the owner of the club, you should be taking responsibility for ever hiring a piece of trash like that in the first place.
2. [+184, -2] Shut the club down..
3. [+166, -3] Sigh.. tsk tsk
4. [+33, -0] ? "Seungri is not seen often at the club" he's actually posted about often on the Burning Sun instagram ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+31, -0] There's an article saying he was with Hyoyeon at the club on the day this happened;; what's right, then?
6. [+28, -0] What is firing him going to solve? You guys are going to keep drugging people
7. [+22, -0] It's not the guy who was fired that's important right now, it's the police who were bribed in all of this. Who can the public trust if not the police? This is such a severe scandal.
8. [+16, -0] So you think this is all over if you fire the guy? He committed assault not as an individual but as a staff member of your club. The club should take responsibility of that..
9. [+12, -0] Why lie when there's proof you were at the club on the day of?
10. [+8, -0] "He wasn't there"? He was there with Hyoyeon who was DJing unless he just stopped by to take a picture with Hyoyeon and left?
Article: Burning Sun reps, "We apologize for the assault scandal... we have fired the staff member in question"
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+1,799, -9] Look at how they're trying to fix the focus of this scandal on the assault. This is way too late when the public has already seen the CCTV footage along with interviews from the victim. Strip all the policemen involved in this of their uniforms.
2. [+1,271, -10] Clarify everything, including the date rape drugs and the police who were bribed
3. [+1,169, -3] The person dragging the woman by her head seemed like he worked there ㅋㅋㅋ He asked for help at the front desk and the guy at the front desk looked like this happened often and didn't even bat an eye at it ㅋㅋ
4. [+361, -4] So that's it? That's all the clarification??
5. [+171, -1] Please thoroughly investigate the with the drugged woman being dragged out along with the police. Ah... how can we investigate the police when the police have been bribed?
6. [+170, -2] I got goosebumps watching the drugged woman being dragged into the VIP room... and no one cared... That means it has happened often... Wow, was Seungri in that room or something? Why is the club only focusing on the assault? Just firing him doesn't solve anything. I bet if we investigated everything regarding Seungri's club, we'd find all sorts of illegal activities...
7. [+148, -1] Don't try to direct the attention towards the assault and clarify what happened with the female client who was drugged and raped too
8. [+76, -0] Love how their statement is so light and has not an ounce of genuine feelings in it at all
Article: Seungri said so himself that he was directly involved in his businesses, why is he staying quiet on his club controversy?
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+4,505, -63] Just who exactly was in that VIP room that a drugged and drunk woman is being forcefully dragged by her hair into it? (there's already video footage of this). And there's obviously a relation between them and the police. I can understand there being a misunderstanding by mistaking the victim as the attacker but even the family members of attackers don't get pushed around when they come to the station ㅡㅡ They totally dragged the victim's mother away like she was a dog.
2. [+3,690, -21] Didn't your dad tell you not to live a life of trash??
3. [+3,563, -24] Judging by the way how he's not putting out an official statement, it seems like he's just going to enlist straight into the army ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+389, -2] Don't you guys remember what happened with TOP? He did drugs and wasn't even penalized, he was actually sent home from the army early. Money is all that matters in Korea. This scandal will be wrapped up without a trace too.
5. [+339, -7] Dirty ba$tard. You make all your money off of your female fans only to set up a club that lets men rape women in it?
6. [+331, -3] I bet you there's something bigger hiding under this entire scandal;;; it's scary
7. [+238, -2] I'm just surprised that we're in the 21st century with how the police handled this... Please go read the petition thread about this. I feel so bad for the victim.
8. [+200, -0] How do people still not know that YG has a black connection with the police?
Article: [Exclusive] 'Seungri club assault scandal', there's another CCTV and witness testimony
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+1,111, -17] Police are just doing damage control; The witness already testified that he was chased out of the police station. They were bribed out and the female victim was left like nothing happened; YG is going to act like they knew nothing of course.
2. [+956, -8] Does Seungri think he can run away to the army and everything will go away on its? Take your business down.
3. [+894, -9] They need to investigate that club immediately, although I'm sure they already got rid of any evidence
4. [+76, -0] The key factor in this is the woman who was being dragged away in the club. We need to protect her identity.
5. [+61, -1] The female victim needs to come forward. The victim was trying to help her and now he's in this mess. Come out and help.
6. [+56, -1] Now I'm wondering what Han Seohee claimed she was keeping quiet about regarding TOP and YG ㅋㅋ
7. [+44, -0] I really wonder how it's always YG that's involved in scandals like this.... it's amazing;;;
8. [+42, -0] Do you really think all YG did was pay off only the police there? I bet you they already bribed the Gangnam police too. Unless CCTV of the inside of the club is released, people are only going to believe the witness because he has all the finer details right now.
1. [+1,773, -31] Can we please find out what happened to that woman who was being drugged and dragged away?
2. [+1,564, -43] Look at that Seungri thug still staying quiet
3. [+1,469, -52] Seungri is slyly slipping out of this scandal thanks to the bigger scandal involving the police
4. [+143, -0] It's already on Hyoyeon's Instagram that Seungri was at the club that day!!!!!
5. [+101, -2] I saw the clip and it actually looked like the police was kicking him in the head. Subjective view but that's what it looks like.
6. [+94, -1] It actually looked like the victim grabbed on to the police when the police tripped him and they fell together ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ how can the police claim that was assault
7. [+90, -0] Look at the police releasing this footage so confidently like they were "assaulted" when it clearly shows that the police tripped the victim ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+66, -0] Please watch the clip for yourselves. The police trips the victim and even kicks him in the head. https://tv.naver.com/v/5205762/list/187192
1. [+10,396, -247] I mean... the video clearly shows the police tripping the victim and the victim grabbing on to the police's neck and falling together. Did the journalist even watch the video or were they just told what to write?..
2. [+6,046, -123] It shows right there that the police tripped him first... Now they're just trying to make up any story, aren't they ㅋㅋ I bet you they already deleted all evidence that says otherwise
3. [+4,752, -72] Journalist, if you have eyeballs at all... how can you even watch this CCTV clip and claim that the victim was attacking the police at all??? You can see the police tripping the victim and then trying to make him fall with his right arm, do you not see that?? And the victim grabs on to the police next to him to try to keep himself from falling. Who the hell attacks someone by falling backwards?? You can tell just by watching the clip.
4. [+3,472, -52] Look at the police's leg right before the victim falls
5. [+2,035, -24] So here's a rundown of all the comments so far: #1 The Burning Sun director uses a date rape drug on a woman and drugs her away for attempted rape (the other staff don't look like they care, probably because it must happen often, and take away the laptop) #2 The woman hides behind the male victim #3 The male victim tries to block the woman to help #4 The woman eventually gets dragged away and the male victim gets pulled out by the guards #5 The guards beat him up outside #6 When the police arrive, they put handcuffs on the victim #7 The police accuse the victim of sexual harassment and push his mother out of the way. Conclusion: this entire scandal shows the relationship between Burning Sun + Seungri + YG + bribed policemen + Naver + OSEN + E-Daily.
6. [+1,165, -12] There were 900 comments that were just deleted, is this real life... this country is going insane
7. [+871, -5] How much were you paid to write this article????
8. [+860, -9] I think the club and the police chose the wrong victim to mess with.. because the public isn't going to let this go quietly.
Article: [Official] Burning Sun reps, "We apologize for the assault scandal... we will comply with all investigations"
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,151, -9] And what about the footage of the woman being dragged by her hair? No clarification, barely any articles about that either ㅋㅋ
2. [+613, -3] I heard the police didn't submit the full videos ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They only submitted the clips that would stand in their favor and deleted the rest, which apparently the News Desk is going to release ㅋ can't wait
3. [+448, -3] Why only clarify the assault? ㅋㅋㅋ You have to admit fault for attempted rape as well, right??
4. [+373, -5] Of course you need to comply ^^ gotta put out the fires before your club goes belly up ㅋ
5. [+97, -0] The club claims to be at the forefront of protecting women but the male victim already said that he was assaulted because he tried to help the woman and there's already footage of a female client being pulled by the hair while she was clearly fighting them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ do they think the public are fools?
6. [+91, -1] Where's the clarification on why the woman was dragged by the hair into the VIP room?