Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 20 days ago

Hwa Sa and Hyorin share thoughts about becoming hot issues for their revealing outfits

HWA SA and HYORIN

MAMAMOO's Hwa Sa and Hyorin opened up about their viral outfits.

Hwa Sa became a hot issue for the hot red body suit she wore at the '2018 MAMA.' Hyorin also made headlines for the glittery one-piece suit she wore at the '2018 KBS Drama Awards.'

On the January 30 airing of MBC's 'Radio Star,' Hwa Sa and Hyorin share their reactions to the issue.

Hyorin stated the attention on her outfit was totally unexpected. The only thought she had after her performance was regret on her dissatisfying vocals. She also explained the outfit was handmade by a designer. She said, "I purchased the outfit because I wanted to wear it at my first solo concert. I just wanted to wear the coolest, and the most luxurious outfit I have."

Next, Hwa Sa revealed she requested the outfit herself to the stylist but the stylist actually opposed. She explained, "I never tend to think I'm overdoing it. I just think it's part of the performance but my peers tell me it's too much and controls for me."

When asked, "Which part did they think was too much?" Hwa Sa replied, "I guess the part where the butt is exposed? But I believe I shouldn't wear it at all if it's going to be iffy." She added, "I care more about how I can look cooler stage rather than what I'm wearing."

1. Hwa Sa
  2. Hyorin
  3. RADIO STAR
25 41,826 Share 81% Upvoted

imthatxx 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

They are beautiful women with beautiful bodies, let them do what they want with them.

Brown_Cream 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

Hyolyn went overboard at the KBS Drama awards cause it's a general audience venue. It's not that they don't look good, it's time and place

rupodarub (Banned) 20 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

RIILEY 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

honestly queens tho they're both confident, powerful, and talented women and the people that can't handle it need to grow up.

Peace0825 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

But, real Queens can't even do the things or dress the way they want. There will always some level of criticism come from their viewers, general public and their fans. Even the Queen B gets criticized. Honestly, Hyorin did go little too far on a major tv. I see some people are saying that her body suit was covering everything but her legs. True, but the songs she chose to perform involved a lot of booty shaking and floor humping. I thought the audience reaction was hella funny. They were smiling but looked awkward AF. Some people seemed to not able to "pick-up" their dropped jaws from the floor, lol.

CLJR 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I just love self-assured young women who do not want to be stereotyped, that's why Hyolyn is my ultimate female bias!!

KpopDani 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

They have gorgeous bodies! They should be able to flaunt it!!!

hiroonakamura 20 days ago 10
20 days ago

so hyorin is actually saying that she got surprised about the complaints she got? come on girl, stop lying! Hyorin knew exactly what she was doing on a DRAMA awards show that has many younger viewers in Korea. She knew how people would react and she took a calculated risk, hoping that any PR is good PR.

Own it.

Luxorris 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Maybe she was since SISTAR got a lot of free passes in TV - they could wear much more revealing clothes than other groups and their dances weren't that much banned. And compare to ''I like that'' outfits this one was not that ''bad'' in terms of being ''too sexy''. I feel like she was really suprised since nothing like tha would happen if it was SISTAR.

baddest_gizibe21 20 days ago 4
20 days ago

how do you know she was lying? I did not know you were living in her head and know all the things she does and the reasons for it. She can do whatever she likes and if you don't like it simply don't look. For you to call her a liar is wrong and also I see for me to assume she did not lie is wishful thinking but we have no right to question her motives.

4 more replies

Leaanna1984 20 days ago 3
20 days ago

in the picture shes in a body suit, its covering almost everything except legs. when i was 7 i had more revealing bathing suits that showed my arms also.

3 more replies

thealigirl8 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Hyorin is so damn hot

fatedlovers 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

okay for hwasa, I can sorta get her even tho there are people who are uncomfortable by it in the crowd. if it was a mamamoo concert, then okay but there were fans for other groups, other artists there and nudity can be very uncomfortable for some poepl and u cant force them to feel comfortable about it. yes, it's hwasa's body but it's also my eyes so it's still uncomfortable and too explicit when being shown to the public eye. (yes, this also applies to men ripping off their shirts as well).

for hyolyn, she didn't have to do that in a DRAMA award show, idk why some artist try to throw that image everywhere they go? fans love u for you not for ur butt? ther'es a time for everything.

melon 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Just some legs I don't see what so revealing

MaeilKpop 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

I'm sure that both of them knew their outfits would get a big reaction in prudish SK. Not saying they did anything wrong though, I love them for being sexy while some other idols act like kids even in their mid-twenties.

TaeKookie_BTS 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

They can do whatever the fuck they want, and we can't control them. If they wanna wear lingeuries (spelt wrong uwu), then let them :)

Scorpion_117 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

I'm going to call BS on this. Both of these women are smart enough to know exactly what they were doing. Hyolyn spread her legs and bent over in front of her audience at her solo concert (still not sure what it had to do with any of the songs), she's all about generating controversy to keep herself relevant. Hwa Sa I'm sure is the same .

As for you white knights, you blind defenders: stop. You may not have standards, but CIVILIZED SOCIETY does. What these women do in private is their business but they should (and thankfully have been) held accountable for being slutty in public for attention/money. You can't claim a woman is powerful if the only way for her to be successful is sell her sex appeal/body. Thats not power, thats laziness and desperation and no better than your average, talentless twitch thot.

Theres plenty of astounding, strong and POWERFUL women who can ooze charm and sex appeal without acting like a stripper. You do no favors to women, let alone Hyolyn who has REAL talent, by encouraging this crap behavior. Bringing society down into the gutter won't make you feel better about your lack of standards.

Rodlyne_Cornet 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I honestly can care less about the clothes they prefer to wear. They both look cute and they shapoppin!

CLC, Sorn