Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Original Content
Posted by LorraineYe AKP STAFF 25 days ago

6 Groups That Might Disband in 2019

Groups that disband are one of the most disappointing aspects of being a K-Pop fan. It's always difficult to see a classic group disband when they've just begun to hit the start of their successes. However, on a brighter note, sometimes disbandment leads to more developed future solo projects that are well-funded due to an idol's notoriety in the industry. With 2019 right around the corner, here are 6 groups that we're prepared to hear disbandment announcements from:

6. f(x)

With Sulli leaving the group and a number of solo projects being the main focus of the remaining members, f(x) could be at risk for official disbandment come 2019. Though we are rooting for the group's comeback, it seems up-in-the-air over at SM headquarters.

5. Girl's Day

Though there was confirmation this year of a Girl's Day comeback, we weren't blessed in 2018 by their presence aside from the Pyeongchang Olympics appearance. Because of their lack of appearance in the top charts this year, many fans are assuming the worst for 2019. Hopefully, we see solo careers develop; we'd hate to see Minah's vocals go to waste!

4. B.A.P

Given the incredibly tearful speeches regarding their contracts at TS Entertainment, the lifespan of B.A.P is not looking too good for 2019. The group has had an incredibly hard time regarding their own management since their debut, and as a result, lost Yongguk and Zelo, two of the group's powerhouse members. BAP may not be around in 2019 under TS Entertainment, but we're holding onto hopes that another record label will see the potential and loyalty of their fan base.

3. Ladies' Code

Ladies' Code has repeatedly had a bad hand dealt to them during their time in the industry. With the tragic loss of two members and the struggle of their management, the group may see an end to Ladies' Code come the new year. It has been effectively 2 years since an official release.

2. Mr.Mr

Though we don't doubt the group's abilities as performers, Mr.Mr had an unfortunate amount of members leave the group prior to hitting it big in the industry. There has been a number of lineup changes and none of the group's members ever made it to the finals on "The Unit". There doesn't seem to be a huge chance that they'll stay together through the next year.

1. AOA

When it comes to AOA's mark on K-Pop, no one can argue that they made catchy melodic songs that stuck to your brain like glue, however, the group's individual contracts to the company end in 2019, which puts them at risk for disbandment. With the members' growing interest in other entertainment endeavors, we'd be very surprised to see the entire group re-sign for another term.

1. misc.
  2. MISC
59 212,018 Share 63% Upvoted

Winston 25 days ago 5
25 days ago

i would add one more to the list... Hello Venus. sad as it may seems, Fantagio is also having its own share of management issues and let’s face it, HV’s album didn’t really make a lot of profit. other than Nara who is going well in acting. the other members like Lime, Alice etc have not had much solo activities. 2019 is also their 7th year which is due for contract expiry.

Frankly i am hoping for a final good news that HV might just have one more comeback and with that comeback, Nara’s wish for the whole group to guest on Knowing Brothers be fulfilled. (Though i think that wish is probably going to be hard to come true

K_aus 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Hate to say it but I agree with you. I want them to succeed so much but I just feel that Fantagio is putting all there girl group efforts in weki meki. Hopefully they get one more group comeba

forgivemenot1 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

Sadly HV is done and I'm willing to bet only Nara is offered a contract as an actor the rest are going to be kicked to the curb, Alice will probably retire from the idol life maybe Lime as well or she'll go indie, Yooyoung could go either way, the new girls are toast though.

3 more replies

taichou_san 25 days ago 9
25 days ago

well f(x) already MIA like years already...its just sm just dont wanna announce it yet...and for aoa pretty much miss a version...

forgivemenot1 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

SM doesn't really do disbandment rather the members all leave together or one by one and the groups name quietly fades away.

taichou_san 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

kinda sad then..really love those f(x) girls especially their music genre...chic style

Rizzychung 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

All companies are bad they block you from music bank,show core,mcountdown,etc. They are only left doing concerts and festivals

Winston 25 days ago 4
25 days ago

it is my theory that SM is going to give fx a final comeback in their 10th anniversary before releasing the news. just as how SNSD drop the news of 3 members not resigning with SM one month after their 10th anniversary. i am sure SM knows the news of the members not renewing but probably wanted to go out with a Bang. after the 10th anniversary celebration.

4 more replies

NORM 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Nah AOA isn't on Miss A/Suzy level (JYP, we still hate you for that -_-)

Ofcourse they promote Seohyun since she's an IT girl (why waste the opportunity) but not favoritism like JYP so obvs did for Suzy.

FNC does try to promote other members, they give them other gigs, but the girls just aren't public favs.

They've all had the opportunity to do solo work (variety/acting) but some like Chanmi who IMO FNC has constantly tried to give a spotlight but the public doesn't bite on.

julissapatata 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

disbandment is not in SM's dictionary tho, so i don't think f(x) is disbanding

Andicilin 25 days ago 0
25 days ago
Ladies' Code released a new song and MV 2 weeks ago.

kpoplove83 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

BAP will not disbanding. They already said multiple times on their tour these past few months that they will all reunite as 6 members soon... which means the others will be leaving as soon as their contracts are up. they even said all 6 will come on tour again next year. most fans agree this means they will be either forming their own company (they've got the money to do so) or leader yongguk will form his own company (something that has been talked about for a long time) but point is... there is no way they're disbanding, they already said so themselves

oliviasolscott 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Zelo's brother also said each member will be leaving TS and the group will reform elsewhere.

nnani 25 days ago 0

Exactly!!!

Winston 25 days ago 5
25 days ago

for AOA, 2019 will see the debut of FNC’s new girl group, Cherry Bullet and i suspect AOA will have a comeback around summer to see if there is any interest in the group. if the summer comeback is a Hit. the members and the agency might be convinced that there is Keen interest in AOA to at least sign another 2 more years, if not i suspect 2019 comeback might be the final one. the group hasn’t been doing well after main vocal ChoA’s departure. FNC is probably also getting ready to focus their $$ on the new girl group Cherry Bullet in 2019, so if the next AOA comeback don’t make a big profit, investors will probably be convinced that AOA’s era is over and rather spend their $$ on the next Cherry Bullet album instead

forgivemenot1 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

I think their last comeback was the "test" to see if they were still viable I don't see FNC investing in another comeback right before contract renewal because if they don't know if the girls will re-sign they don't know if they're going to get a return for investing in that comeback.

Tirkam 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Didn't Bingle Bangle succeed in charts ? I mean, they topped #1 on 3 of them, and hit Top 5 in the rest of them. The next comeback might be a test indeed, since they are sliding slowly to other concepts since Choa's departure, but I don't think FNC will take the risk to lose money by hiding one of their best sellers in the dungeon until the end of the members' contract. Wait & see I guess :)

fantasticlau 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

It's FNC, not Fantagio and their last comeback did well. Just not as well as their Miniskirt etc. days but it still did well.

forgivemenot1 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Sorry I had Fantagio on my mind when replying so I corrected it.

Just from what I've observed in regards to the 2nd generation girl groups the more successful ones if they start to dip in popularity will start to do "individual" activities and not have comebacks, this is to protect the "group name" and it's prestige which they use for other work.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to AOA but they are in that 3-4 year post initial success danger period which is when this starts to happen, unfortunately it also coincides with their contracts ending, if they are going to start other career paths anyway then this is two unfortunate things happening at the same time and makes it more likely they'll disband.

wyliem 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I think their contracts will be up by summer. around February?

BTS_Is_Lifea 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

I am not a B.A.P stan but I love they're music and it would be so hard to let go!

Also f(x) I like they're music too and all the members are so down to earth especially Amber. Seeing them sad would be impossible. Even if these groups disband I hope they still stay as friends :)

Winston 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

yeah.. i think rainbow is one example of an amazing group who has constant contacts and gathering even after disbanding. but since fx has members in china and amber who may be returning to usa.. freq get together might not happen.

you know what will be a great ending?

that if or when fx has a final farewell concert , Sulli surprise the members by coming as a special guest. and the 5 member reunite one last time to perform their debut track as a final farewell. i think it will be a tearful goodbye.

BTS_Is_Lifea 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

That's a perfect farewell, and I hope if not a performance maybe they should still get together once (including sulli) and...idk just have a get together, sleepover etc whatever they went, at least they'll be happy and their fans relived

Ohboy69 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Like someone already said, f(x) is probably not going to disband, but girls are going to continue doing their solo things, mentioning f(x) now and then to make sure people still remember the name, just in case SM decides to throw them a bone one day.

I doubt that B.A.P is going to disband. They are all going to leave T$, as they should, and stick together after that (Zelo's bro mentioned it, right?). However, since Yongguk and Himchan have to enlist soon, it's going to be a while before we get a comeback. Maybe we will get more solos or Jongup/Dae/Youngjae/Zelo collabs, in different shapes and forms ;)

Stefano_italy 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

It's sad that there are so few girl band left in kpop world. In the meanwhile, Melody Day disbanded today :-(

eager_beaver 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

There aren't "few girl bands left". Ever since 2011 at least 30 girl groups have started every year (that I know of). Then there are probably groups that I don't even know of. The busiest year (2015) I discovered 57 girl groups that started, which means more than one every week. Sure, older groups disband, but they are constantly replaced by new ones. So far 36 girl groups (including a few project groups and sub units) have started in 2018.

Nii4444 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

B-B-But Ladie's Code just had a comeback?

ohmyastro 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I guess Hello Venus has been so long of the radar that Allkpop forgot they are part of this list too. Their last comeback was in January 2017 and Fantagio hasn't been promoting them as a group at all. I honestly feel that the new Chinese management isn't going to offer contract renewals for the group since their last comeback barely had any album sales. I do see them renew with Nara but as an actress.

pink_oracle 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

This article has left me rather irritated.

courtney86 24 days ago 0

B.A.P 😭

I am glad they are leaving TS Ent, but I am worried that they are going to go their separate ways after disbanding. And I know Himchan and Yongguk are going to have to enlist this year. 2019 is not looking good for them. ☹

nnani 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

I feel like B.A.P shouldn't be on the list because the members ARE leaving, they are all leaving one by one. Since members of groups have their own contracts they need to wait till their contract comes next to end. I feel we Babys have hope that they'll make a new group together and a company like Shinhwa and BEAST did but if not we know they'll be solo and successful. It's not really a disbandment (esp 2019 one) the members are leaving one by one.

lyj9999 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

Technically it is a “disband” because after they leave the company, they can’t use the name B.A.P anymore since TS owns that name. Even if they regroup, they have to debut under a new name under a new management. It’s similar to Highlight’s (formerly called BEAST) case.

nnani 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

True but that really isn't disbanding, more like a name change. It's still the same members and the group. Plus the music is still theirs (at least most) (unlike BEAST's case cause sadly some songs they didn't compose so they can't perform). I see your point but in sense it really isn't disbanding since they are still together, just under a new name.

Soshibloke62 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I'm really surprised that Badkiz aren't on this list as they now have NO original members left all and have never even released a mini album only singles.

They deserve a chance at the big time as they are quite good on those singles.

YuYanGz 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Yes! B.A.P are leaving TS!! Finally, but they will stick together forever. Not a "Disband" but a "Reborn"..^^

dahyessi 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I don't think aoa will disband but some members may left. As for bap, I'm super glad they're leaving tshit, hopefully they can pull a highlight move if the label doesn't allow them to keep the name. Ladies' code released an mv recently for christmas AND the members are doing solo promotions so I really want them to stay for a few more years, they deserve the universe,

Leaanna84 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

thought ukiss would be on the list

Rizzychung 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

There other groups who might disband next year but its hard to say they names

woohyun_wifey 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

didn't ladies code just release a christmas single called the last holiday recently?

sototallyrandom 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

f(x), with their latest comeback 4 Walls, last promoted at the same time Twice debuted and promoted with Like Ooh Ahh. Let that sink in. That's how long these precious ladies weren't able to promote as a group. :(

kpoplolita 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

well ever since choa left aoa im having rocky feelings about aoa's future... ddint even know who mr mr are....fx oooo they kinda disbanded already its just a matter of announcing it all.

koolcat1460 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

AOA is literally my favorite group and mina is my bias I'm gonna be really disappointed if they disband.

rachim44 24 days ago 0

Ladies' Code us not disbanding. Stream the last holiday losers

Ninjapotato 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

When will you disband Allkpop?

Festizio 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I'd be sad to see AOA go, I liked the style of their comeback and they even said they were surprised at how well it actually did compared to what they expected. It wouldn't surprise me, but really after ChoA's departure they should have either just disbanded right away or proceeded with new music a bit quicker. Laboum of all groups went through a similar loss and hiatus, over a similar period of time, and even they with lower overhead (presumed) and a relatively small fan base, have produced two comebacks in the time AOA has done one. Yes, I know they're singles and not EP's (mini-albums) but even so a lot of the overall costs like photo shoots and MV's are similar so I think it's a fair comparison.
Whatever the overall timeframe of Cherry Bullet's training, I'm sure it kicked into overdrive during AOA's hiatus specifically because of this eventual possibility, ESPECIALLY since they're FNC's ONLY new girl group since AOA.
It's not even all really conjecture; I remember Crayon Pop's agency literally said the group would be continuing as a four-piece after Soyul's departure, and then...they just sort of didn't. We really won't know anything until new music shows up or they actually disband.

Soshibloke62 25 days ago 0

AOA.....Nooooooooooo!

crowboy 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

honestly still confused as to what happened to Jin from Mr.Mr? i mean i take it he's left... but it was literally just said he was injured AFTER he had already stopped being posted about and then there was never any update that i've seen???????

dc222a 25 days ago 2
25 days ago

MR.MR! They released an amazing song this year in Korean and Japanese... "Destiny"/"Kizuna"
So sad what they've gone through their entire career. One of the best vocal groups. I hope they can stay together. They've been through a lot, but came back this year strong. I think a bigger reason that they might be at risk as a group if they'll be going to the military soon too.

crowboy 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

Do you know what happened to Jin??

dc222a 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

After he left, I think I remember he posted on Twitter or Instagram about the situation and how they had to go to court for him to be released from his contract or something like that. =(

stargukkie 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I'm not a B.A.P stan but I like their music...I'd be sad to see them go

KPOPTrashTalker 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Only flopped groups. They doesnt make difference on KPOP world.

SEE U LATER