Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by KayRosa AKP STAFF 19 days ago

Netizens talk about how NCT's Taeil got accepted to a tough university but purposely dropped out for SM

NCT, Taeil

Netizens talked about NCT member Taeil's path from his university acceptance to becoming an SM trainee.

On one community forum, K-netizens discussed how Taeil had gotten accepted to the Applied Music program at Hanyang University, with an admissions rate of 407:1. Not only was it a tough university to get into, but Taeil was allegedly the only male out of all accepted students in his major that year.

Once he got accepted, Taeil had two choices -- to continue with his studies at the university, or to join SM Entertainment as a trainee. He had only one week to decide, and in the end, he had chosen Hanyang University.

However, according to the netizens, SM Entertainment continued to beg him to remain as their trainee. Taeil eventually changed his mind to become a K-pop idol, and decided to drop out of university. According to one NCTzen, Taeil later told the story of "bawling his eyes out the day his debut became official," because he was that happy and relieved.

The aspect that the netizens were most impressed with was how Taeil never received any preferential treatment, without any advantages as a celebrity.

Some other reactions include: "Wow, he's a genius...for Hanyang University, you can't just be good at music auditions; you need to actually study well too", "He has some surprising sides that I had never known before!", "I'm glad he chose the right decision", "Hanyang is super hard to get into.....I've tried...you guys have no idea", "That's crazy..! The only male in that year?"

1. NCT
  2. Taeil
22 36,179 Share 84% Upvoted

PinKookiE 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Well as long as he is happy now theres no room for any regret

Rodlyne_Cornet 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

My moon is blessed with talent and the knowledge♥ He is such an inspiration to me personally and I love him so much! Idc about his decision to choose between education or being an idol all that matters is that if he feels that being an idol is more of his interest then why not. I love Taeil so much, he's the best bias ever :)

Fantastic99 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

WOW. I never knew he was this amazing

Miyaka08 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Now I'm liking him even more... I just started to listen to NCT and noticed him off the bat because of his voice...

whatever101 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

probably cause he knew he'd be making 10000x more money being in NCT since its freakin SM than what he would make in his lifetime with his degree

not to mention *cough* a degree in music doesn't exactly guarantee a job

11_SEO_jin 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

people dont give him the attention and love that he deserves both here and others countries ! this guy is a genius and blessed with a very beautiful heart everyone knew him back to his school days confirmed and still confirm this , i sill always respect him and i wish people show him more support.

aloraiscool 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

I don't know how Korean society feels about people going to school in their late twenties and beyond but if he decides in the future to attend college the doors are always open.

firstzyx 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

He work in the big agency, with lots of big artists

say he's gonna sing for 5 years,

without variety show skills or acting no one will recognize you in 10 years,

no degree in korea plenty of time to regret

dancingbella23 19 days ago 4
19 days ago

ahhh you should have gone to schoooolllllllllllllllllllllll >.<

HanixHeechul 19 days ago 2
19 days ago

No he shouldn't have if he decided to drop out. University isn't for everyone and maybe he realised it wasn't for him?

dancingbella23 18 days ago 1
18 days ago

I just felt like it's such a shame to miss out on school like this :(

HanixHeechul 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

No it's not, im fucking ecstatic I dropped out of uni, realised it wasn't for me halfway through the 1st year and now I'm working from home and enjoying it whereas if I wasn't I would still be at uni being depressed

Cute_Guys 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

it would be boring if everyone took the same path

Wang_Sejung (Banned) 19 days ago 8
19 days ago

No Hanyang is not the toughest Korean university to get accepted but the prestigious Seoul National University where I got my PhD in French literature as all you know !!! And he certainly made a mistake ! It's shame that his family didn't give a shit about his wrong decision. Now is too late to regret but with all the music band which are failed and disbanding after 2 or 3 years I hope he is not going to regret his decision. He is such stupid moron !

yutakunnn 19 days ago 1
19 days ago

Glad he made a right decision. Uni is not for everyone.

and being in the best university didn't make people a better person. look at you now. you are from the prestigious SNU but you are just doing stupid thing behind your keyboard.

Wang_Sejung (Banned) 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

what stupid things I am doing behind my keyboard? Asking youth to study is a stupid things? I guess you are among people who are not educated and wasting your time doing cheap part time job?!!! Have you ever thought about your future ?

Nina14red 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

For someone who claims to have attended university, you sure are ignorant.

1000heart 19 days ago 3
19 days ago

I’m surprised that a phd student doesn’t know that university ranking is different from major/subject ranking. It seems like education has failed into moulding you as a good thinker. I’m a university student studying in a really competitive course but I always think I could have chosen a different path than this. After graduating, I will not be secured to get a job related to my course. Studying won’t secure you a highly paying job and to study just for people recognition is just wrong.

3 more replies