Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by elliefilet AKP STAFF 27 days ago

BTS stylist responds to questions about 2015 photo shoot including alleged Nazi hat

(Bangtan Boys) BTS
BTS stylist Kim Wook responded to questions about a 2015 photo shoot with the group that included a hat with alleged Nazi symbols.

On November 11, the Jewish human rights organization Simon Wiesenthal Center published an article regarding BTS' recent shirt controversy and their "mockery" of the Holocaust, referring to a hat RM wore during a photo shoot that supposedly included images similar to a swastika.

Stylist Kim Wook has now spoken up on the matter, stating, "It wasn't my own hat nor was it something the media outlet responsible for the photo shoot prepared. I remember this photo shoot clearly because it was my first after going independent. From what I remember, we were collaborating with a brand for the photo shoot. It's standard practice to write in the caption that something is the stylist's property when we're using an artist's own clothes or an unofficial sponsorship product."

As for whether the hat was a sponsored product, Kim Wook said, "It was 100% not an official sponsored product. If I didn't know about an accessory, it was an unofficial sponsorship product. I remember all the clothes I put the members in. None of the BTS members were wearing a hat when they first came into the studio for the photo shoot, and the hat was not one of their personal accessories. If I had to guess. I'd say we just ended up using something that happened to be in the studio at the time."

He continued, "I'm receiving a lot of calls about the old photo shoot with BTS, but I'm not being attacked by fans or having my privacy invaded." A source from the magazine that ran the 2015 pictorial also said, "Usually a studio that multiple media outlets use will have a lot of items around. Photographers sometimes ask a model to put on things that have nothing to do with the stylist's opinion."

What are your thoughts on the matter?

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
47 Share 61% Upvoted

Blue1 27 days ago 6
27 days ago

All this drama is useless, what a waste of time and energy!

2fat 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Seems it's only useless when it's directed at BTS. Otherwise this kind of stuff is what Koreans live for.

Mkm 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

its just because the target is bts and they were waiting for any small mistake from them wanting to bring them down to end their career, it is the easiest way

Stopudelulu 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Well haters like this drama esp kpoopies so

Blue1 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Haters? They're retards more than anything else.

3 more replies

Cydney 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

And this is why you have to be so careful when you are climbing to the top; there are many Behind you trying to pull you down and many in front of you trying to push you down.

nomanymore 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

"None of the BTS members were wearing a hat when they first came into the studio for the photo shoot, and the hat was not one of their personal accessories."

I hope this put to rest those defamation and accusations on this matter.

and last but not least i'm relieved that the stylist said he wasn't being attacked or whatever.

xDearLove 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Do people not realize this issue was resolved back then? What is the point of bringing it back up other than to spread hate and useless propaganda when action was already taken back then. The hat was not theirs, the photoshoot was pulled out, people apologized, they stopped spreading it. What else is there to do? Stop spreading hate man, that's just being a hypocrite.

Asking for an official apology or explanation is reasonable if people are upset, wanting to beat other up is not. Spreading hate is not. This is getting out of control.

T_Jazz 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Unfortunately, not those who are just hearing about the group. Speaking at the UN attracted attention from those who would never have listened to their music.

Azure_Aurora 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

Why are they digging up all these things now?? Were they HIBERNATING in 2015?? And if they were NOT hibernating in 2015, and already caused an uproar about it, then they should just be done with it. IT'S REALLY NOT IN GOOD TASTE TO DIG UP OLD CONTROVERSIES AND RESTART A SCANDAL JUST BECAUSE MEDIA IS TEMPORARILY LACKING STUPID GOSSIPS TO CREATE NEW SENSATIONS.

Mkm 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

they just want to stumble bts and bring them down, its other fandoms doings wanting to end bts career over an old issues and they saw this as a chance. still they have a long way to go. bts and army are going stronger then ever.

CandaceNicole77 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This is always the ploy of the extremists and the failure of the centrists/leftists. This issue was raised and resolved years ago, but, they light a fire and let us pour on the gasoline for them. Ironically, this all stems from a nation that literal voted the swastika as 2016s most popular character...

There was a reason why this occured on Nov. 11th - cause they knew the western media would pick up on it like suckers.

Instead of talking about the actual threat, we're all sitting around wonder is Kim Namjoon is a "bad guy."

Give me a !#@&@# $×+$=:%+ break!

What is most shocking though was that non-BTS fandoms actually sided with literal Nazis in order to bring down BTS and promote their favs. Like... Check your priorities... It's disgusting.

myoongi 27 days ago 4
27 days ago

this is really pointless. yall will try and find anything to bring them down

Anpanman 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Yikes sis, check your priorities. They deserved to be called out on the nazi hat, memorial photoshoot, the picture of the bombing and ofc for not having apologized for it. Now that they themselves apologized and pointed about that those things were wrong to do, maybe even you'll be able to understand that?

braddahbraddah 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

now you know how it feels.

you stop to think this is your karma?

Armies need to wake up... leave other fandoms and groups alone. stop bashing them just to praise your faves.

you guys try to look up news that happen over 10 yrs. just to try and sabotage groups who might surpass you.

Then try to spread it on twitter.

If you will just pay attention to your own faves without trying to destroy other groups who did nothing to you you will not receive such karma.

2 more replies

changminbaby 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

"What are your thoughts on the matter?"

my thought is to move on!!

1Minoz 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Korean companies need to oversee the stylists they hire. This is not the first time we see problems with clothes kpop idols wear.

hey_why 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

This Japanese Right-wing made BTS Controversy of Nazi.

But the past is really interesting. Be sure to read it.

That site is a Jewish human rights group site, and the Japanese doctor recognized as a Nazi follower by Jewish human rights groups.

shyloone 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

jealous people will always try an find some bullshit on BTs, but who really gives a f, im sick of people digging around trying to find something bad to say about BTS, and they couldnt find anything, so go hunting for crap about shirts they wore ages ago an friggen hats they wore ages ago, an look for excuses to bring them down, well you idiots aint going to bring them down

MinaSaysMoo 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

It is the responsibility of photographers and artists, fashion designers and stylists to understand that visual media is often more powerful than words, especially when iconography is involved. Intentions mean nothing at all, especially when it comes to appropriating history, and especially so when it's still in living memory or the effects of history are still ongoing. Unfortunately for young and old celebrities, whose work is highly visual, they also need to become aware of the key historical moments affecting the countries of their fanbase so that they have the ability to raise flags about others' artistic visions that could affect their own reputations. That requires a lot of work but it's one of the flipsides of celebrity that needs to be taken seriously.

lacreme 27 days ago 0

Convenient alibi

annabts 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

what I’m really curious about, is why that hat was in the hands of a studio to begin with. For what purpose was it bought in the first place? Unless it was used in a film/docu about National Socialism, it shouldnt really be there.

mxisluv 27 days ago 0

MbaG007 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

I'm just still surprised that a Jewish organisation went ahead to publish uncontextualised half truths compiled by literal Japanese neo-nazis .....

1Minoz 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

They didn't care the reason why or who brought it up. They only care if BTS in fact wore the Nazi symbol.

shy_kpop_girl 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

My thoughts, and not just of BTS but of other celebrities, it is pointless to rehash the past where the behavior was apologized for or corrected. Plus the 'Nazi' flags during the concert they were guests at years ago, was not the Nazi symbol at all. False information and alternate facts strikes again. I'm tired of reading international news about all of this - I've actually written in to the ones stating they need to stop misleading people in thinking that these are recent events. I just read on a twitter thread some one stating how dare Jimin go to Japan for a live show wearing that shirt. HE WORE IN ON BON VOYAGE IN AUGUST 2017!!! But these media groups continually and purposefully leave out that point to stir the shit up.

Now, as for the shirt, I don't know if BigHit/BTS ever apologized for wearing it over a year ago or not. I don't know if it was even an issue. It is the first I've heard about it and I was definitely following BTS by then though I hadn't watched BV2, at the time. I will say that I can see both sides of that atomic bomb being disturbning.., as a human, I hate any acts of violence. But I'm an international fan so I'm not about to say I understand the culture of another country. Reading some Koreans living in Korea they have explained the upbringing of the younger generation instill much national pride and this shirt (and from what I've read have been worn by others, kpop idols or not) is just another symbol of what they've grown accustomed to as a sign for Korean independence day and Korean freedom. Does it mean it's right? I don't know - it's not that black and white. And it's somewhat arrogant of international people to point fingers and tell a whole nation and culture that they are wrong. Maybe improvements need to be made but such countries face a vast history of sadness and oppression - what I have learned during my cultural studies is that to change their opinion overnight is a pipe dream. Rather it's important to be understanding and help lead by example and perhaps guide them if necessary. Blame never seems to work, really.

As for an apology if one was never said after the shirt was work in August 2017, I do think it's in BigHit and BTS' best interest to just be the bigger person and apologize. I'm not saying they have to and I'm not saying they need to rush into it as these things may take time for them to agree with a proper statement. I just think for their own sake, it might be better just to take the high road so this can be all diminished.

I also think many people slamming BTS for the shirt are doing it for selfish and alternative purposes. It's partially due to haters using anything they can on BTS but would never do so if it were for their group they stan and the other part is just political.

Finally, yes, I am an ARMY. But I support other groups as well so I'm also into multi-fandoms. I'm sick and tired of these fan wars. Some of them are from other fans causing toxic energy. And some are from ARMY themselves. For those toxic ARMY... please grow up. I hate being lumped in with the toxic ARMY and for others who harshly judge people like me because of the bad apples found in ARMY as found in all fandoms. Right now, ARMY is very powerful because BTS is very powerful. That does not give ARMY the right to abuse that power and be, what I have seen, bullies. If something bothers you that another fandom has done don't lower yourself. Two wrongs do not make a right. Grow up. Your group will appreciate you more if you just act maturely. There's no excuse for some of the shit I've seen online. It's embarrassing.

1Minoz 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

It wasn't apologized then, only just apologized now.

shy_kpop_girl 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

Thank you - I just saw the apology.

hiroonakamura 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

yeah right....they are doing a photoshoot for a kpop group and they just end up using a hat that just happened to by lying around? Really?

whatever101 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

wait i thought ARMY claimed the hat was fake and BTS was innocent but now they expect us to pity them for wearing a hat that was gonna cause a shitstorm JUST BECAUSE its not theirs while the bomb shirt is TOTALLY OK

aigoo ARMY your favs are officially PROBLEMATIC and you trying to come up with 50000 OFFENSIVE bs excuses to justify their actions isn't helping your cause instead of simply owning up to your mistakes

and just because something happened 20 years ago, yesterday, or 5 minutes ago DOESN'T MAKE IT OK regardless of the timing

shy_kpop_girl 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

But some of the incidences were rectified. And of the ARMY who spoke about the hat the ones i read were asking for an HD quality photo to zoom in without distortion. Both sides have the right to view proper evidence.

Not all ARMY are unreasonable. There are bad apples from every fandom.

braddahbraddah 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

The sad thing is... it seems 90% of armies are "BAD APPLES"

shy_kpop_girl 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

I'm sorry - did you find some stats we're not aware of? The bad applies are louder and the spotlight gravitates towards them. Why do you think when you turn on the TV or open a browser the first latest news are bad news? Good news do not sell - they are not heard. There's bad apples in EVERY fandom, culture, sub-culture, etc. People just focus on them and the good apples are too busy or their voices are just unheard. Most good apples just give up responding because they are the type of people who are trying to stay positive and do not want to be brought down by toxicity.

Nina14red 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

SOME delusional fans claimed the images were fake, but the rest of the fandom was well aware of the situation and did not try to make up some bs excuse for it.

CandaceNicole77 27 days ago 0

Putin pay you in vodka?

YuraJI 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

what's a drama now everything will be put on the stylist 's head, bighit ; WE NEED TO SACRIFICE SOMEONE TO SHUT UP ALL THESE PEOPLE

Mkm 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

not really. the stylist already apologized long time ago after the photos were published, but now the issue came up again thanks to some immature people, so he needed to appear again and explain the situation since a lot of reporters want official statements.

Sehunicron 27 days ago 5
27 days ago

i saw the photo of rapmon in the nazi hat and im super creeped out

i dont understand how army's can defend that

i also saw the nazi style flags and SUPER CRINGE

im so GLAD im not their fan, i'd be humiliaited right now

botmy 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

it's not enough you attack BTS under every article about them, but now you gonna do that to Seo Taiji? really?

shy_kpop_girl 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Did you read the article at all? They were just made to wear random articles belonging to the studio at the moment they were there.

Did you do the research about the flags? They had no Nazi symbol at all - it was a logo of the artists they were guest performs for and the song was about the Korean school system.

You have a right to dislike BTS but at least use the common sense in getting the facts straight.

Mkm 26 days ago 2
26 days ago

we are GLAD u r not a fan, imagine having small minded fan who don't know anything and judge before knowing the whole truth. since u r not a fan why r u in this page? if I were u I won't interfere with an artist I don't listen to or a fan of. I don't understand how some people like you love to interfere with bts, since you are NOT a fan mind your own business and focus on ur faves..

2 more replies