On December 28, KCSC officially announced, "The rules by KCSC state that it is forbidden for media outlets to describe, beautify, and/or justify a suicide. Media outlets are also forbidden from judging a cause of a suicide or concluding a death as a suicide without evidence."
With this said, KCSC plans to inspect reports on the late Jonghyun that:
- used photos of a different celebrity while reporting on Jonghyun's death
- used the phrase 'found dead' when Jonghyun actually passed away after being transferred to the hospital
- described the suicide method in detail
- assumed the cause of suicide was depression (without proof)
- reported the scenes of Jonghyun's funeral processions in detail (taking photos of the celebrities at the funeral home)
KCSC stated, "We're closely monitoring all the reports regarding suicide. We plan to take strong action against broadcast stations that have violated the rules."