Gossip, Variety

Yenny's father revealed to be Pastor Park who was arrested for 17.5 million USD investment fraud

By yckim124   19 days ago   104,754   1,916   192
Yenny

Channel A 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' broadcasted the story about Yenny's family on June 5.

Back in April, it was reported that Pastor Park, who used the fame of his idol daughter to scam the people of his church, got arrested for investment fraud of 20 billion KRW (approximately 17.5 million USD).

At the time, Pastor Park was only identified as a father of a popular girl group member, however, it was soon revealed that he is the father of former Wonder Girls' member Yenny

SEE ALSO: Black Pink say Teddy is the best producer for them

'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' covered the controversial issue on the June 5 broadcast. The panelist commented, "He basically used his daughter Yenny for marketing." Another panelist revealed, "I spoke with Yenny after the incident. She was in deep shock and said she doesn't know how to pay back the 20 billion KRW."

1. Yenny

jtv612 17 days ago

You can't even find a picture of Yeeun with her dad, she's never talked about him... they obviously aren't close. I hope she knows this isn't her responsibility, her father should be ashamed.

lolhaha 18 days ago

Damn that sucks, just let your father rot in jail for the rest of his life. Exploiting his daughter is fucked up, the burden isn't yours

SahanaE 18 days ago

This debt shouldn`t be her burden. She didn`t do anything wrong. But of course people are going to crucify her because with knetizens celebrities inherit the sins of their parents. The same thing happened with B.I. The public wanted YG to stop his debut because of what his dad did. Thankfully YG didn`t listen to their bullshit. I hope Yenny`s label does the same. I can`t help but think that this scandal is the reason her and Jinwoon broke up. If that`s the case, I`d be a little disappointed in Jinwoon since they dated for 3 years.

mynameis21 18 days ago

Does it even worth an article .. its her family come onn

lunachick415 18 days ago

It's a shame that Yenny has to deal with bad press from this just because of guilt by association. It's her father's doing and her father's debt. She shouldn't have to be punished for what he did.

OHNANAIDONTRECAl 18 days ago

She shouldn't HAVE to pay them back. Her father is responsible for that. Not Yenny.

KennyK089 18 days ago

Hmm. It's a little hard for me to believe Yenny didn't know anything. I hope she didn't I was a fan of the Wonder Girls. She will never be able to pay back the money, IT'S 17.5 MILLION U.S DOLLARS. she probably never made more than 2 million in her whole career and now it's probably over. I hope it's not true.

KennyK089 18 days ago

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she moved to another country. Maybe the U.S., JYP made them learn and speak fluent english.

luxeden KennyK089 18 days ago

I doubt her dad would tell his celebrity daughter that he is using her status to scam people...if there is evidence that she knew and didn't say anything, wouldn't she be charged as an accomplice?! 🤔

Sineya 18 days ago

I am so sorry for her... Not only a lot of money but also the feel of shame... ugh. And why is it her to pay??? Can someone explain more? Because Im like: What's this?? A collective responsibility of some shit, or what?

seungriseyo Sineya 18 days ago

He's the one who has to pay. She probs said that because she's the one who brings in the most money in her family.

shubhajan 18 days ago

Yenny stay strong! I cant believe she has to pay the debt of! its gonna take years! shes probably never even gonna make it to 1 million now that she isnt with JYP! this sucks

caitlinnolly 18 days ago

so that's like 20million dollars right? or something like that? if my dad did that i would be gone, he's dealing with it himself. she doesn't deserve this.

vav