CEOs from 32 top entertainment agencies vote for the best K-Pop boy/girl group, producer, and more

By yckim124   30 days ago   195,473   13,028   0
bts,twice

In celebration of their 32nd-anniversary, media outlet Sports Seoul held a special survey titled 'The Power People of K-Pop'.

A total of 32 representatives from 32 top entertainment agencies including YG Entertainment CEO Yang Min SukJYP Entertainment CEO Jung WookStar Empire CEO Shin Joo HakYMC Entertainment CEO Cho Yoo MyungTS Entertainment CEO Kim Tae Song and more participated in the survey.

SEE ALSO: BTS collaborate with 'Puma' for their own line of shoes in 'Puma x BTS Court Star' CF!

The representatives were asked to vote for the best boy group, best girl group, best producer, best solo artist, and the most influential 'Power People' of K-Pop. They were requested to write down their top 3 to each of the questions. The answers were scored 3 points for first place, 2 points for second place, and 1 point for third place.

Here are the results:

Best Solo Artist (Male)

G-Dragon

Best Solo Artist (Female)

IU

Most Influential Power People of K-Pop

1. SM Entertainment's Lee Soo Man (43 points)

2. YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun Suk  (30 points)

3. BTS  (26 points)

4. JYP Entertainment's J.Y. Park (25 points)

5. Big Bang's G-Dragon (23 points)

The Best K-Pop Producer

1. Big Hit Entertainment's Bang Si Hyuk (48 points)

2. JYP Entertainment's J.Y. Park (45 points)

3. Sm Entertainment's Lee Soo Man (29 points)

4. G-Dragon and Teddy (over 9 points)

The Best K-Pop Boy Group

1. BTS (85 points)

2. EXO (40 points)

3. Big Bang (18 points)

4. Seventeen (15 points)

5. Wanna One (4 points)

The Best K-Pop Girl Group

1. TWICE (93 points)

2. G-Friend (25 points)

3. Black Pink (15 points)

4. Girls' Generation (14 points)

5. Red Velvet (13 points)

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  2. TWICE

namjin_trash 25 days ago

this is BTS' era .... the new kings of kpop boys groups

Baechu9cM 28 days ago

King position is undoubtedly true but Queen ?? I think that Taeyeon deserves that spot and for influential people i think that Taeyeon and snsd should be there because Taeyeon has more followers in IG than any female idol and snsd influenced Korea when promoting but even though snsd hasn't been active/promoting for the past 2/3 years a very long haitus snsd always finds a way to be on every "kpop best" or "monthly ranking" haaa i love my national girls and no one can take their thrown because the thrown didn't even exist until snsd came into the G.E era so i love soshi and i love sones thanks for everything and congrats to the other groups i stan you guys wooh SNSD FOREVER

Fantastic_Bibi Baechu9cM 28 days ago

I'm a SONE too, but you gotta hand it to IU, man. The woman has achieved all-kills and all of the songs on her album charted incredibly high. She is well-respected in Korea not to mention the fact that she's a brilliant singer-songwriter. So even if I love Taeyeon, I have to agree with their choice. She's a force to be reckoned with in the industry.

anonymous_man Baechu9cM 27 days ago

Nope iu got 3 paks from her latest album...i dont think even gd can do that..

infinitelyinspir Baechu9cM 26 days ago

I love how delusional kpop fans are. IU and Gdragon are ARTISTS. Taeyeon is nothing but a performer. They deserve the title they got, the top CEO's who made your favourite idols even agree.

missnumbered infinitelyinspir 26 days ago

I wouldn't go as far as to say Taeyeon is "nothing but a performer" as she does work hard herself and has hits in Korea, but it really is undeniable that IU is the #1 female solo artist. I know this because I live in Korea (I am also Korean), and from my observations, Taeyeon and artists such as Ailee seem to be more popular internationally while in Korea the vast majority would listen to an IU song over a Taeyeon or Ailee song any day. The comment you said about IU and Gdragon being artists is very true, as in Korea they aren't really seen as idols but as artists! But I am really glad that these days international fans are showering some love for IU as well!

Crimson77 missnumbered 26 days ago

"while in Korea the vast majority would listen to an IU song over a Taeyeon or Ailee song any day" ehh not really. As a fan of both IU and Taeyeon, I also admit that IU is going really hot atm more then taeyeon but nobody should really underestimate her just because she's staying low atm. There are seasons in which taeyeon is considered number 1 and times when IU is number one. Not one artist can be queen forever. I can tell there's a lot of IU biased fans here in this topic.

missnumbered Crimson77 25 days ago

I am just speaking in general in Korea. Taeyeon is considered more of an idol than she is as an artist in Korea, while IU is recognized as an artist. This is also proven through the collabs she does with some really legendary singers most international fans wouldn't know about. I am not saying IU is better than taeyeon, I am just saying a lot more Koreans like IU more while international fans appear to favor Taeyeon more! Whenever Taeyeon comes out with new songs she always does amazing, however I am just saying that IU is overall considered the "representative" for koreans in the solo singer category. This fact is so obvious nobody in Korea would bother to think twice about it if they were asked. But I really do love both artists and although it probably wouldn't happen since their styles are so opposites, I would die for a collab from them..

Equs missnumbered 25 days ago

you say you live in korea but its clear you're IU biased. what do you mean nobody would think twice about it if they were asked? that's just seriously untrue.

BoBo101 Equs 25 days ago

People are so unbelieveable. That person @missnumbered is probably speaking based on her experiences. Unless you have been in the same position as her as in you are a Korean who lives in Korea, you can't just call someone out for being "biased". I'm sure some ppl would vote for Taeyeon and I'm sure she wasn't being literal when she said "nobody".

missnumbered BoBo101 25 days ago

Thank you.. I don't know why everyone is accusing me of being IU biased when I am just saying in general for Korea! Also I did have a bad choice of word, I didn't mean "nobody" really, but by that statement I meant the vast majority. I understand that Taeyeon bias would get mad though but I am definitely not bashing her!! Taeyeon and IU are both popular and I love them bothㅠ_ㅠ

Fantastic_Bibi Equs 24 days ago

She's not being biased though lol. Her point is very objective. It is true. IU is highly respected in South Korea. It doesn't mean that Taeyeon is less talented. It just so happens that IU is well-loved not only by fans but fellow artists in the industry.

Crimson77 28 days ago

GD is definitely king no doubt about that.  Kinda shaky on the queen position tho.. cant decide between iu and taeyeon.  I guess taeyeon came out pretty weak with i got love and make me love you.

lovelunaa 28 days ago

my twice babies SLAYED that last surveey. proves that they're the queens of the gg industry and no other peasant gg can even come close! #shashasha

bibi87 lovelunaa 28 days ago

Well, I guess playing the cute and innocent, fluffy pink concept always tricks people, so... JYP built up a good image for them.

SNSDQUEENT_ARA lovelunaa 28 days ago

What peasant gg? Your just bringing more hate to ur group

Fantastic_Bibi lovelunaa 28 days ago

Lol learn to be humble. Any group's popularity now can change throughout the years. SNSD has been around for 10 years and they still made it on the list. Quite impressive considering they're inactive as a unit.

rizkysone 29 days ago

lol Soshi,, we made into the list even with this long long hiatus. love you guys, i'll still and forever here,, loving you as much as my life. dear my lovely 9 sisters. no cheating, i promise.

Chankook_61 29 days ago

Well, I actually agree with this list. Even though people are discrediting wanna one, the entertainment business know what's up. Look how much popularity IOI had in the ONE year they promoted. If the band had continted, they'd be number one girl group and not TWICE (not hating tho). As for BTS ranking #3 in most powerful people in KPOP, let's be honest, they deserve the spot. BTS brought KPOP into the world, before it was just Big Bang, and now with BTS, they've done so much to bring KPOP and gain popularity for the genre internationally, you just have to agree with that because before it wasn't as popular. Producer rankings, I agree, JYP isn't producing as good songs as before, sure he might have so many popular groups, but most of his current content is just recycled, and Bang si Hyuk, has produced songs for his group that got them where they are today, along side with the members own songs and production. Solo artist, for me is accurate. Damn, may Gdragon reign supreme.👏🏻Also, people are saying as to why BTS won over EXO, and using that old ‘daesang card’, boy, EXO hasn't impacted the KPOP world, sure they have records, but they're not that big, plus being from the big 3, their popularity isn't surprising, meanwhile BTS came from a nugu company, and won a daesang, entered U.K. Charts for the first time, first KPOP band to get nominated for an American award and win, plus tons more accomplishments, that's why they are considered number one. As for girl groups, I don't know. I'm a huge blink and buddy, but it was pretty obvious that twice would win number one. If people are saying these are the bands that bring in the most money, it's not, more bands other than these bring double or triple the profit as others. And also shout out to all my carats out there, may seventeen start to slay. As for why GOT7 didn't make it, I was disappointed (2nd bias group after BTS, and Mark Tuan being my UB), but we have to admit that even with their international fame, they aren't as big in Korea, and haven't really done anything big in the KPOP world. But they will get there. Okay I think that's it, if you want to hate, go ahead, I'm just pointing out my view.

hyohyohyo Chankook_61 29 days ago

Inserting disclaimer before you say anything about hating. I get this your point of view but I can't help but to laugh at the part where you seem to credit BTS for kpops success internationally. Before BTS Kpop was somewhat popular and it wasn't like something unheard of. The genre had its share of major exposure and I will admit that they have gained a lot of international fans yes, but they are literally just one piece in the bigger picture that was the Hallyu wave which began roughly around 2009 lol. So if you were there from the beginning you would understand where I'm coming from. BUT this being said they're a great group and deserve all the love. ALSO I wouldn't undermine EXO like that lol. EXO is pretty popular, they've been slacking a little Imo, but they may have a little seniority and an upper hand in China.

Baekhyun_Stan hyohyohyo 28 days ago

I agree. Exo is more popular than they say. At the moment they are out of the scene because they haven't released an album in some time. I can guarantee you they will be back and exploding in the industry in July. I feel like while BTS is popular, they wouldn't be as popular without groups like Exo, 2ne1 and Tvxq/Dbsk to pave the way.

Marksonforever_1 Chankook_61 28 days ago

got7 not doing anything big but remember just right .....sure hunny keep saying that.. but got7 will do bigger and better things, wish korea was like thailand for got7

bibi87 Baekhyun_Stan 28 days ago

Nobody underestimates EXO, they are powerful and strong. But as a fan of both EXO and BTS (yes, people like me can exist! :D), I can say BTS is more popular right now and more known internationally! But why is it a problem? As a kpop fan since 2006, I saw how kpop spread all around the world, groups like DBSK, Super Junior, Girls Generation and Big Bang were the first who introduced kpop to the international fans and opened up the gate for the next generation kpop artists, like Beast, SHINee, Infinite, CNBLUE, etc. And they did the same, opened up the gates for the next kpop generation, like EXO, VIXX, BTS, GOT7. And then, they gained attention for kpop again, and there is a new generation again: Seventeen, Twice, Monsta X, NCT, BLACKPINK. It's a big cycle and every group are important, so it's unnecessary to argue over who is more popular. :)

LveKimTae Baekhyun_Stan 28 days ago

Are u saying without exo's existence, bts wouldn't become popular??? So it wasn't bts's hard work or talent that made them this far and it wasn't because of 2nd generation groups like bigbang that paved the way for Kpop to be known globally??? Stop being so delusional.

LveKimTae bibi87 28 days ago

You summed up perfectly. Even as an army I respect and acknowledge 2nd generation groups like bigbang and snsd and other legends that helped paved the way for future legends like exo and bts.

Fantastic_Bibi hyohyohyo 28 days ago

True. Based on experience, back then it was groups like Bigbang and Wonder Girls who helped introduce KPOP on a global scale. I vividly remember when "Nobody" came out it was so popular and many tried to do dance covers. Then "Fantastic Baby" became an iconic KPOP song because even non KPOP fans all over the world know that song as well as Bigbang. Heck this song is even often played on a popular noon time show in the Philippines. This is a feat considering that YouTube wasn't as big as it is today yet "Fantastic Baby" has now raked in 300M views. Not a fan of BTS, but it's nice seeing them continue the path that the second generation groups have worked hard to pave.

alt829 29 days ago

So proud of SVT <3

Jordy_Hope 29 days ago

Why is WannaOne here? They haven't even debuted.

choi_an_ni 29 days ago

BigHit family <3

choi_an_ni 29 days ago

Wanna One haven't debut yet they already ob the list!

just lve