Gossip

Lee Sung Kyung and Cho Hye Jung respond to the controversy about tension and rivalry between them

By yckim124   9 days ago   144,787   9,083   24

Lee Sung Kyung and Cho Hye Jung responded the rumors about having a bad relationship.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

A controversy arose after a past Instagram activity of Lee Sung Kyung and Cho Hye Jung came to attention. The issue regards the time when Lee Sung Kyung started Instagram live right after Cho Hye Jung started her live feed. The two actresses, who have worked together for the drama 'Weight Lifting Kim Bok Joo', were right next to each other at the time of the live broadcasts. Netizens suspected tension and rivalry as Lee Sung Kyung seemed like she wanted to steal attention and ''beat'' Cho Hye Jung.

In response to the speculations, Lee Sung Kyung spoke up via her fan cafe and explained that she and Cho Hye Jung are good friends. The model-actress emphasized that she had no intentions to intimidate Cho Hye Jung, stating, "If you have watched our drama you would know but how could I possibly want to intimidate and hate on such adorable Nan Hee? Hye Jung is a nice, pure friend who I rather want to encourage and boost up."

Lee Sung Kyung also revealed that she has apologized to Cho Hye Jung in case she was offended but Cho Hye Jung has sweetly responded to her with the words, "Unnie, I really like you. I was happy to work with you and I want to see you for a long time. I'll be more nice to you so let's long-run together." Lastly, Lee Sung Kyung once again emphasized that Cho Hye Jung is an adorable dongsaeng and colleague that she is grateful to have.

A rep from Cho Hye Sung's label Jellyfish Entertainment also spoke up about the issue and explained, "What Lee Sung Kyung stated on her fan cafe is true. We have spoken with Lee Sung Kyung and we have responded. There is no tension."

Despite the explanations, netizens have commented, "Lee Sung Kyung was always the time who wanted to gain the attention ever since her modeling days... She also used to look down on Nam Joo Hyuk when he was a nobody", "Hye Jung's so nice", "I like Lee Sung Kyung but I was disappointed this time... I was like this is nothing but I watched the videos and it was kinda bad... Cho Hye Jung was smiling but she looked like she wanted to cry... At the end, Lee Sung Kyung even asked her why she looks intimidated. She seemed like a scary unnie."

1. Lee Sung Kyung
    2. Cho Hye Jung
    3. Jo Hae jUng

keyboardwarrior7 5 hours ago

Funny how this didn't come up until she got in a relationship. *shifty eye*

shyloone 8 days ago

Ok so who the Guy in the end

iciviuja shyloone 8 days ago

.....you mean Nam Joohyuk right? HER boyfriend.

TheTgbx 9 days ago

............................

Kurare 9 days ago

dumbest thing i've read today.

Mr.T 9 days ago

No rivalry, cuz LSK ran that town. She's the queen, she's more popular, she's the sunbae, she's from YG,

chiyasuho 9 days ago

This is why i miss the old golden day went fans are freely and are sensitive , these days by a small mistake can get you in big trouble.

chiyasuho 9 days ago

arent*

thesiiiiickest 9 days ago

Okay look I agree that knetz can complain about some stupid shit but this time I'm going to have to say that I deff feel the awkwardness and tension.. I'm Korean so I can understand the nuances and feel the vibe they are talking about. I'm sorry but international fans just cannot and will not ever understand this... I don't think Lee Sung Kyung hates Cho Hye Jung though or that they are enemies, it just looks like Sung Kyung was just being a lil bitchy that day, as literally all teenage girls get at one point or another, but in her case it was caught on camera :/

kpoplolita thesiiiiickest 8 days ago

maybe that is how their rship is, jking around like bitchy BFs (im like that with some of my friends who i am closer to and they do that too), they tear each other a new one and joke around but one LSK was caught on cam like u said. Still they BOTH cleared it up and it sucks when it wasnt even that big of a deal.

analujan 9 days ago

Knetizens are always starting a controversy about pointless stuff. I feel bad for Lee Sung Kyung She can't even be happy because now she has a BF everybody hates her and are negative toward her. I recommend these people to get a job, go back to school and get a degree. Kdramas are a hobby is not part of you family or social life. Kdrama shouldn't have to be that important if that is the case then you might have a social problem whee you live your life through Korean actors.  Please, people, go back to your own lives and let others live in peace.

kaylahyuna 9 days ago

FFS knetizens need to get a life. They wouldn't be real friends if they didn't openly do it. I do the same shit with my friends. Friendships have no culture. It's not against rules to act the way you do with friends. Knetz need to fucking chill.

msalgarynn 9 days ago

Wasn't it just the same with suju going live at the same time? Why would people be mad about it? It was suppose to be fun rivalry not something serious

charged