Kim Chung Ha talks about her journey from JYPE trainee to IOI and solo debut

By elliefilet   25 days ago   39,913   4,168   14
kim-chung-ha

Kim Chung Ha talked about her journey from starting as a trainee at JYP Entertainment to an IOI member and eventually debuting solo.

SEE ALSO: Kim Chung Ha prepares fans for her solo debut with 1st mini album timetable

In an interview with 'GQ Korea', Kim Chung Ha shared, "I think I'm lucky. At 19, I was a JYP trainee and college student, and at 20, I met my current agency and 'Produce 101'." As to what she thought about her career after JYPE, she said, "Rather than thinking, 'I'm going to quit this industry,' I just accepted my situation. The team I was a part of was disbanded and the management changed, and I wasn't used to the change. Before I left, the members were seriously my last string of hope. I think I pulled at that string so much that I broke it. It took me a long time to realize it was broken."

On her position as a dance member in IOI, Kim Chung Ha stated, "To be honest, I get scared a lot, and I need to learn a lot too. My fellow friends were very impressive choreography teachers." She also said of her solo debut, "Though I'm worried I won't get as much attention as I did with IOI, I want to show the potential I have."

Check out Kim Chung Ha's debut MV for "Week" if you missed it.

1. Kim Chung Ha

Jaraiya_Ero 24 days ago

Good luck and all the best.....

ahgase88 24 days ago

I LOVE HER

neko2412neko 24 days ago

she is so damn talented... I'm looking up on her a lot!

crystalk 24 days ago

chungha got me taeyeon vibes everytime. i believe she will rock it, she has talents

MONSTAXSTAN 24 days ago

YALL LETS MAKE HER BIG

Exo_Leia 24 days ago

I hope people truly pay attention to her talent and skills. Anyone know when she's supposed to truly debut?

melalabanana 24 days ago

Is she part of 6Mix?

cjd 25 days ago

I'm sad that she's gonna be so underrated because she definitely won't be able to get enough exposure due to her small company...

Arrghroth cjd 24 days ago

Lets wait, the Korean public might surprise us (look at Girls' Day) but I share your fear.... hope dies last

Mona_Vanderwaal 25 days ago

Well, why does she always mention that she's an ex-JYPE trainee? She's the queen of all trades but please, stick to being an M&H artist now, sweetie.

azrchi Mona_Vanderwaal 24 days ago

it's an interview so the staff probably asked. Chungha doesn't usually mention JYPE unless asked about it~

yennyikonbb 25 days ago

She reminds me of Kahi a lot. She can sing and dance and their mouth area look alike to me idk idk idk HAHAHA. (My opinion)

totes