Gugudan's Mina says her health was affected by her strict dieting

By jennywill   25 days ago   79,230   4,499   23
gugudan

Gugudan's Mina talked about her dieting.

She had a 'LieV' with fellow Gugudan members Sejung, Nayoung, and Mimi. During the show, Sejung brought up Mina's diet. She'd lost a lot of weight for Gugudan's "A Girl Like Me" comeback.

SEE ALSO: Gugudan's Mina to take a break due to knee injury

Mina said, "I did a really strict diet, and my immune system got weak because of it. I caught a cold. It was a Tuesday and I was going to take some medicine because it hurt so much. But I hadn't eaten anything [because of the diet], so the members took the medicine away from me and told me to eat something first. I was really touched."

1. Gugudan

Lary_kpop 22 days ago

Before complaining about companie's rules korean people should stop being so judgmental over girls weights... This atitude needs to change. Fast.

Jaraiya_Ero 24 days ago

DAMN YOU INDUSTRY!! She's only human damn Korean entertainment standards!!

kpop2334 24 days ago

Mina<3

LordLiar18 24 days ago

Ah.. They shouldn't force themselves so much.. Starvation is never a good and long term solution... She should take care of her health first...

partyfan2013 24 days ago

I just know for sure that it sure was such a pretty good thing that Mina's eight fellow Gugudan members showed off such great concern and had her eat some food instead of only taking medicine due to her declining health coming from a very strict diet.  And thank goodness Mina is healthy now and I absolutely and most definitely do hope that she will be able to begin taking very, very good care of herself so that she won't EVER find herself in the same situation that she had put herself in sometime in the near future.  And in addition to all of this, I totally hope that women everywhere all around the world, especially in my proud home country which is the good 'ol United States of America, won't EVER consider doing such a very dangerous and risky diet when they plan on losing weight because I really don't want any of them to develop any ultra serious health issues just like Mina here, including any eating disorders such as anorexia just like Oh My Girl's Jin-E, who by the way is recovering pretty well from the eating disorder so it shouldn't be pretty much longer before we see her back in the K-Pop spotlight.

ShayMin 24 days ago

Really? Your health deteriorated because of prolonged starvation?

xxStrlght 24 days ago

Poor sunshine...

hiroonakamura 24 days ago

i hope she learns something from that. That's not a "strict diet" that she was on. That's just being an idiot

kunyaresuplado hiroonakamura 23 days ago

it's not her that wanted the diet, it's the agency. that's korean entertainment industry for you

iluvtiffanyswigs 24 days ago

Big dummy!!

MyTwoCent 25 days ago

Idols alcohol tolerance and unhealthy scary dieting are very glorified on Korean tv. Instead, censors are too busy banning tattoos and belly button being shown on tv🤦🏻‍♀️. Something's off kilter, ya think🤷🏼‍♀️?

totes