Minzy says she's where she is at now because of YG + 2NE1 members' support

By KpopJoA   11 days ago   133,957   21,936   40
2NE1,Minzy

On April 17, singer Minzy held her solo debut showcase for 'MINZY WORK 01 UNO'.

Debuting as a member of 2NE1 in 2009, Minzy was the first member to leave the group as she did not re-sign her contract with YG in April 2016.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

During the interview, Minzy commented, "I am both very anxious and amazed by the fact that I am releasing my own song.  I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it."

On having made the tough decision to stand alone on stage, Minzy stated, "It was as if I was leaving my hometown, with YG and 2NE1 behind.  I felt burdened because a lot of people were depending on me. It was a chance for me to take on a new challenge and a way for me to mature."

She then added, "YG is like family to me.  I learned how to sing and dance there.  It was a company which helped me a lot. I am here today all because of YG.  I will do my best to achieve my dreams at Music Works."

Of course, she couldn't forget 2NE1. Minzy who wasn't able to participate in the group's farewell song expressed, "I was sad that I couldn't take part in it. Though I did watch with much affection. In return, all the 2NE1 members cheer for me saying they enjoy watching 'Unnies' Slam Dunk.'"

1. 2NE1
  2. Minzy

juliet_exo 10 days ago

Well I think that after all this time she understood that she owes some respect to YG and 2NE1. Of course that I dont believe much because say that they ARE family, girl if they are family to you, you don't betrayed like that. Even though she and the rest of the members were in "good terms", she isn't in good term with a lot of Blackjacks. Every interview she made is to me a desperate movement to gather some fans, because she is talking about 2ne1 since forever instead of talking about her work as a solo artist. Try to invest in new fans instead of calling for forgiveness

Primadonna_ELVIS juliet_exo 9 days ago

She didn't "betray" anyone. I don't know if you ever noticed but YG artist that are not as popular as the rest DON'T GET TO WORK. Honestly, leaving was the best option for her, so she could actually achieve her dreams instead of waiting for when, if ever 2NE1 would have a comeback. She decided to chase her dreams and can you honestly blame her for that? As for BlackJacks attacking her, that's absolutely their fault and believe what you may but I feel that the seven years she spent with 2NE1 matter to her much more than haters. And let's not forget the fact that she is constantly ASKED about 2NE1 anyway

juliet_exo Primadonna_ELVIS 9 days ago

She's constantly asked but she can also decide to no answer. She betrayed Blackjacks, she left, for whatever reason but she did and that doesn't change for the motives. I don't care why she did it, but if she wants to be something else apart from 2NE1 then she should first stop talking about the past all the time. You are going to tell me she didn't realize how much time she spends talking about others instead of her work that she is so proud of? No girl, she talks shit on purpose, I blame her for the disbandment of 2NE1 of course. That's the truth, I don't care why. She did something and then repercussions start fading in.

Primadonna_ELVIS juliet_exo 7 days ago

Why would she not answer? If BlackJacks are attacking her like that now, I don't even want to imagine what would be said about her if she denied to answer! After all, it's natural that she will talk about it, it's not like there's anything she needs to hide or be embarrassed about. Also, I hear her talking about her work much more than about 2NE1. In fact, she only mentions them if asked or if there's something directly about them. You can blame her all you want for their disbandment but if anyone is to blame about her talking about the past all the time, it's the interviewers

ygbabes 11 days ago

Finally! allkpop making up for that cut off interview article before this.

dahyessi 11 days ago

lmao ofc she's where she is thanks to yg AND 2ne1

elly2k 11 days ago

Back-pedaling much, Minzy?

allinonetonone 11 days ago

2ne1 4ever

mind_blown 11 days ago

The only reason AKP is releasing the interview in 50 different articles is to pay their rent.

johnnyvvlog mind_blown 11 days ago

And we're helping by commenting on each and every one of them.

drtim johnnyvvlog 11 days ago

Well im not. Im blocking every ads here.

mind_blown drtim 10 days ago

Same!

elchapo 11 days ago

Shes lucky to escape. I said it before Bom has turned, she's a zombie person now. It's so hard to tell but shes turned 1000%. Good luck YG roster figure it out i hope.. i warned you of this last year why dont you listen.

elchapo 11 days ago

Send daesung to drive around, youll see his flair gun a few miles away. And something else youll find is a stick shift and something else youll find beneath... hehe. It's weed grass for smoking in the 5 star prison safe haven. What a great show.. sure beats doug stamper spraying alcohol via 1 ml syringe into his mouth.. thats when i stopped watching! Holy hell!

elchapo 11 days ago

Hi im claires jewelry i take up whole seasons to myself. Show the statistics very low % finishe that shitty show! We are watching the narcos aka the real rooftop prince.. f tunnels think mario snes xDDD

NoonaVip elchapo 11 days ago

Crack kills. Lay off

elchapo 11 days ago

Minzy go crush CL's solo #'s please...take her soul.

johnnyvvlog elchapo 11 days ago

Which CL solo?

elchapo 11 days ago

You're ranked with the likes of Shannon, nca, and Juniel.. thats where you're at.

elchapo 11 days ago

Stay away from bad influences like bullie banding and the pill popper. If you do that your solo career will do just okay.

really