Heechul says it'd be rude to vehemently deny that he's gay

By jennywill   13 days ago   309,760   21,614   242
Super-Junior,Heechul

Heechul talked about rumors that he was gay.

In an interview with Yonhap News, he said, "I'm not gay. I like women. But I realized that if I say I'm not and vehemently deny it, it's rude and hurtful to people who are actually gay. It's just a matter of preference, and it's just that everyone is different with different values. I decided I don't care even if people who have prejudices about me think that way."

SEE ALSO: Super Junior's 'Mamacita' surpasses the 50 million views milestone!

On the rumors, he said, "Recently, those rumors were posted in the group chat room with Super Junior members and the managers. I was thinking, 'Who is this?' while reading it, and it turned out it was me at the end. The members and I laughed a lot about it. When the label asked if we should counter it, I said no. I'd of course, counter it if they were rumors about me doing illegal things. At first, I didn't like those rumors, so I grew a beard and cut my hair. But recently, I talk about the rumors myself so much that my mother texted me and asked what I'd do if I got caught up in rumors again, haha."

1. Super Junior
  2. Heechul

Junior_Br 12 days ago

¬¬ STOP saying he's gay, not offense, but just because he's upbeat, fun and authentic does not mean he's gay. No one can be like this, that people have made up things!  OH GOD

SentientXxKanra 12 days ago

Our Hee-nim is so nice and caring! So proud to be an ELF haha.

lovelynnnnnn 12 days ago

Hahhaa i love this guy! The realest idols ever. He's just so open and chill. Someone who knows how to have fun and forget about the relenyless rumours about him that he knows aint even true. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out bi. I love this guy no matter ❤

koukou23 12 days ago

well it's clear enough he's gay no need to admit or deny it

hyungergames 12 days ago

woke king

kyuminfan 12 days ago

A smart guy with a clever answer! He is able to avoid hatred from the gay community, but in the same time to avoid hatred from the homophobic Korea!

annette_p 12 days ago

it does not matter Heechul you are awesome  no matter  if you are or not . You are lovable in every way and just be who you are ! and please say hi to Kibum if you still hang out with him.

robin1 12 days ago

Heechul, you're not fooling me. When I was living in Korea, everybody in Seoul said you were gay and hang out at the gay bars in Itaewon. But whaaaaaatever.

Power_Destroy 12 days ago

You're great Heechul.

SwitchPlaid 12 days ago

He is just so gorgeous it makes haters want to bring him down. Honestly, just because a man is not ashamed dressing as a woman and actually recognize that they can do so looking feminine, it does not make them gay. If anything it shows how secure they are about themselves. :)

omelas