Group Chat
General Chat

Variety

Shindong explains his weight change in the military

By yckim124   13 days ago   64,247   3,360   68
Shindong

Super Junior's Shindong responded to questions on his weight.

Shindong recently completed his military service, and he has been gaining many comments about his weight gain. On the February 7 broadcast of 'Video Star', MC Park Na Rae talked about this and asked Shindong, "How is it possible for you to gain weight in the military?"

SEE ALSO: Shindong clarifies misunderstandings about his public proposal to girlfriend

Another guest Kwon Hyuk Soo commented, "I was always chubby but I recorded my lowest weight by the time I got discharged from the military due to the patterned lifestyle and exercise."

Shindong responded, "I think it's different by the person. Many people think I've gained weight but surprisingly, I've actually lost weight at the time I got discharged. I have delayed enlistment for 6 months because of herniated disc. I couldn't move my body so I recorded my heaviest weight then. That was the heaviest in my life. Then I lost 17kg (~34lbs) in the training center and then I started gaining weight as my rank increased. I'm on a diet now."

1. Shindong
    2. video star

LordLiar18 11 days ago

Why so much hate? If he's okay with his body, why do people make so much fuss about it!!

pink_oracle LordLiar18 10 days ago

Because he hates on other people's bodies. He directly said it's not okay for any girl to be overweight but it's fine for guys. He's not ugly because he's fat, he's ugly because he's an asshole.

LordLiar18 pink_oracle 10 days ago

Oh really?! He said this? I didn't know it sorry and i always thought people hate on him because they are mean but thanks for the information... I get it know and it's definitely not okay to say this about a girl's body!! Ok, i won't defend him now, knowing all this!!

pink_oracle LordLiar18 10 days ago

I know right, you'd think a celebrity at his level would be way more careful about what they say.

1llionaire 12 days ago

celebs are known to get easy positions in the military. he probably got one where he gets to sit around and eat all day.

hyuki_elf 12 days ago

oh my love ..... i miss him so much ... It does not matter that he was a fat or slim... i love him because he had a great voice

Funky_Angel 12 days ago

Honestly I never minded any celebrity no matter how ugly they were but he really makes me feel like throwing up. All that fat on him with the caked on make up and plastic surgery on top of that... He could easily lose 10 kg if he put his mind to it, how can a celebrity let himself go this bad?

Whatever_Sujuwil Funky_Angel 12 days ago

We dont mind him like that! and plastic surgery LOL! Ignore him....we fans love him whether he is fat or thin

themsbabyg Funky_Angel 12 days ago

You are contradicting your statement. Why cant a celebrity has more fats than other. What matters are ones talent n good personality.

changminbaby Funky_Angel 12 days ago

im not a fan but seriously ,its his body if he is fat he is why you say you feel like throwing up, you behave like everyone is thin and he is the only one not. hating someone because of his weight is wrong. you dont even know him at all, and really? because of plastic surgery?? many idols do them and in every country. you are just searching some excuses. dont judge someone because of his looks only.

Chrysantheneum 12 days ago

Ah!!! herniated discs hurt so so badly!

chephirah951 12 days ago

Also he's older now. Your metabolism slows down.

chephirah951 12 days ago

Is this a Korean thing? Honestly who cares if he's fat? You can't be fat and still perform? I mean did him gaining weight make him an evil person all of a sudden? The people in these comments are so disconnected from the real world and just plain idiotic.

InfiniteExoColab 12 days ago

Why does it actually matter if he can slay those moves that a lot of "fit" idols can't?

chisaki_liner 12 days ago

TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF. We want to see your body. How much its improve since service + :"diet" Take it off.

chisaki_liner 12 days ago

IM ON A DIET NOW. Right. Before (rt after return from service) and after proves overthise. You look like youve gained 40 lbs. Quit the BS and tell ppl the truth.

Whatever_Sujuwil chisaki_liner 12 days ago

i dnt know why but you sound funny to me!

bts namw