Wonder Girls to leave JYP Entertainment?

By yckim124   19 days ago   168,851   17,697   214
Wonder-Girls

The 4 members of Wonder Girls are reportedly looking for new agencies.

According to an exclusive report, JYP Entertainment's contract with Wonder Girls will be coming to an end this year, with no word from JYP on whether or not the members intend to renew. As a result, assumptions state that YennySunmiYubin, and Lim are reportedly looking for a new management company.

A representative from another label revealed, "It's true that we've met with one Wonder Girls member for a discussion; however, their contract [with JYPE] has not yet been terminated so it's difficult for us to share our stance."

SEE ALSO: JYP Entertainment responds to rumors about Wonder Girls leaving the label

Another insider who is close with Wonder Girls also revealed, "There's one member looking for a company that will support her musical talents whereas there are some members who are looking into acting, MC-ing, and more."

In regards to Wonder Girls' contract, JYPE stated, "Nothing has yet been confirmed about their contract renewals. The death of Yubin's father has caused delays in the discussion. We do not know if they're looking for new agencies or not."

Stay tuned for updates.

1. Wonder Girls
  2. jyp entertainment

loh 18 days ago

3percenter 18 days ago

This is what should be expected when veteran groups come up on contract renewals. WG are long past their indentured servitude contract. The members can, and should, look out for what is in THEIR best interests, and not what may be best for the company or damned fans. If not renewing and disbanding WG is what they feel is best for them, then all the power to them. Same goes for any girl group.

styx 18 days ago

I had enough. First 2N1E now AOA? I'm leaving! Please support me by reporting me for spamming. Thank you so much and have a happy life!

alexdhamp styx 18 days ago

AOA? What?

mind_blown 18 days ago

NO. KPOP LOST 2NE1 WE AINT LOSING WONDER GIRLS ON TOP OF THAT. HELL NO.

alicehalf 18 days ago

Please don't, they are so unique and cool, all the 2nd generation of idols is making themselves into solo now. I understand it's to show their individuality and propose their own music, but Wonder Girl is already so unique and badass, they composed and wrote themselves their songs on their last releases (their album "Reboot" and their single "Why so lonely")

pink_oracle 19 days ago

shubhajan 19 days ago

WONDER GIRLS PLEASE DONT LEAVE JYP OR DISBAND I BEGGG!!!! my first ever kpop song was tell me! please dont leave JYP wonder girls, please dont!!!! legends forever!

krell 19 days ago

DIFFICULT to imagine that WONDER GIRLS could perform under a different Agency than JYPe Agency. I guess it is possible. Although, you wonder IF JYPe Agency would 'allow' that to happen very easily. Yes, the members can 'move on' to another AGENCY as a SOLO K-pop Music Act with little difficulty. But as a GROUP, to 'move on' to another AGENCY, seems rather NOT LIKELY to me. But I thought that same thing about B2ST Group. And B2ST did stay together and open their *own* AGENCY !!! ... :-)

caitlinnolly 19 days ago

i hope they do a beg or 2am, or even do a shinhwa. they still have a solid fanbase, and they are just amazing together. i just don't want them to disband.

2k00l5m3 19 days ago

I hope they stay together :( And I don't understand JYPE, with SO many great wonderful talented artists- WG, DAY6, 2PM and let's not forget 15&!! Why does it seem like they're only focusing on TWICE? I know they insanely popular right now but to me these other groups are more experienced, talented and have a ton of potential?? It's just so frustrating >:(

seoul ife