Dramas

Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ah Joong in talks for Korean version of 'Criminal Minds'

By yckim124   10 days ago   64,413   13,807   24
lee-jun-ki,kim-ah-joong

Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ah Joong are in talks for the Korean version of the American series 'Criminal Minds'.

Last year, production company NEW and Taewon Entertainment joined hands with ABC Studios and Disney Media Distribution to create a Korean version of the crime drama. The filming is scheduled to start in spring of 2017, while the drama will broadcast on KBS in the fall. As for the leads, Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ah Joong seem to be likely candidates.

SEE ALSO: 'Resident Evil' star Milla Jovovich says it was a privilege to work with Lee Jun Ki

Lee Jun Ki's label, Namoo Actors, stated, "Lee Jun Ki has been offered a role in the Korean version of 'Criminal Minds'. Currently, it's in the process of discussion." Kim Ah Joong's label, King Kong Entertainment, also said, "It's true that Kim Ah Joong was offered a role in 'Criminal Minds', but nothing has been confirmed yet. She's currently looking into it."

What do you think of Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ah Joong for 'Criminal Minds'?

1. Lee Jun Ki
    2. Kim Ah Joong
    3. Criminal Minds

NORM 10 days ago

I'm not a big fan of remakes of US shows in general, heck even US remakes end up bad most times, mix in K-drama style ON KBS & i'm a bit scared of the result. I love Criminal minds so i'm even more anxious ._.

crzzzy 10 days ago

Even the sequel with daniel henny (CM beyond borders) is not as good as the orginal series. Criminal mind doesn't have lead characters. They are all a team and the focus is the killer in each episode. But it seems they have already decided lead couple for korean version.

mypcy 10 days ago

Although I like the idea of other versions of popular tv shows in different countries but I still feel like it should just stay where it is.

_TardisBlue 10 days ago

Considering how much I love Criminal Minds and the fact that Lee Jun Ki is my favorite Korean actor of all time, I couldn't be happier. I want to see this happen.

kkapyul 10 days ago

Yesss please,they're both amazing and they would make such a hot couple

RossIG kkapyul 10 days ago

is not a romantic drama... There's nooo romance here... :-(

kyu_kfan 10 days ago

As a fan of Criminal Minds, I'm really not sure how this will turn out.  It could go well, like The Good Wife, or be a total bust. As long as they don't shift the focus from crime solving to a love line it could be good.  Even if I wasn't a fan of Criminal Minds, if this casting news proves true I'd give it a try.  I'll give anything that Kim Ah Joong is in a chance. I'm not as familiar with Lee Jun Ki but I'm hopeful both of them will accept roles (and that the show will be a success)

marisara24 10 days ago

I know Lee Jun Ki has all it takes to make an awesome character in Criminal Minds!! OMG I hope he do it!! Kim Ah Joong I can't say because she is new to me. 😀

jindaewoo 10 days ago

I love Criminal Minds and I love Lee Jun Ki ! I hope it will be goooood :D

themightymoron 10 days ago

i just hope they don't forget that this is a crime drama at it's core, not a makjang/romance/petty sentimental/PPL lair coated with shallow single layer undetailed cases and subplots that make its way to become the main plot. it's called 'criminal minds' and not 'hot guys eating subway doing detective stuff' for a reason.

MyTwoCent 10 days ago

I love criminal minds. Knowing Korean tv, I  highly doubt this Korean version will be anything close to the original.

hi dad hat