Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Social Media

James decides to leave Royal Pirates due to recovery failure and worsened health conditions

By yckim124   25 days ago   112,900   7,869   67
james

Royal Pirates's James announced his decision to leave the group.

Back in 2015, James got into a tragic accident that severely injured his left wrist. The accident also caused delays in Royal Pirates' comeback and concerts. Unfortunately, he's still suffering from the injury and ultimately had to share sorrowful news to fans. On January 30, James wrote a handwritten letter that stated,

"I've tried to power through and be as positive as possible, but I am at the point where I need to do what is right for me... Ever since I was a kid the idea of finishing whatever I started has been branded into my brain. I've spent the last 2 years trying to pick up the pieces and salvage whatever I could.

But I recently found out that on top of a possible 6th surgery to restore whatever function I can in my hand, I also have a blood clot in my brain. So I've accepted that leaving now is not guilting, but redirecting my life. And I hope you can agree that this is what's best.

I am so sorry for letting you down, but I hope you know I gave you guys everything I had, I never resented the blood, sweat & tears.. Only the missed opportunities and memories I envisioned when I first moved to Seoul.

Thank you for your support & love & loyalty & the memories & everything. I wish RP & you all all the success in the world. I will never forget you guys."

SEE ALSO: Introducing allkpop's new chatroom!

Get well soon, James.

Tip: Linda

Thank you guys for everything. I will miss you. #royalpirates #로열파이럿츠

A photo posted by James (@jamesjhl) on

1. James

dol_i 19 days ago

James is so inspiring. He did not deserve what happened to him. He has taught me to cherish every moment of my journey. You never know what life has in store for you.

diymusicluver 23 days ago

Wish you the best!

LordLiar18 24 days ago

I feel so sorry for him and i hope he will recover well! Rest well and fighting!

lume90 24 days ago

Aww James.  So sorry to hear.  I hope you will recover some day and do what you love.

federick 24 days ago

i know you can't see this,  but I was actually praying and hoping for your recovery ever since.

junxxmin 24 days ago

I WISH YOU THE BEST!!! Thank you so much for staying until the very end T^T and since we fans know how much you struggled to continue making music for us even when you were in pain we know what a hard decision this was, please recover your health soon <3 Thank you so much!

purplematoki 24 days ago

I CRY SO MUCH CAUSE THAT GROUP IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND WHY

Panos86 24 days ago

WISH U THE BEST JAMES! ;) We will really miss you but your health comes first! I LOOOVE Royal Pirates but they've been so unlucky... :'(

kpoplover308 24 days ago

God I feel so bad for him. Things just keep getting worst. I can't even imagine suddenly being not able to do something you love.

cheriebunny 24 days ago

When I saw this on Instagram I nearly cried. I love RP so much, they are such an amazing and underrated group. I really hope James is able to make a recovery. I know it's gonna be hard, and I feel bad that his hand accident has caused him so much suffering. I'll always support him on whatever he decides to do with his life. I hope he lives long and beautiful for many many years.

walk