Prosecution updates on the legal battle between Kim Hyun Joong and Choi

By jubilantj   5 days ago   70,576   4,754   220
Kim-Hyun-Joong

According to the September 22 ruling of the ROK Army prosecution, Kim Hyun Joong was acquitted of all the charges his ex-partner Choi brought against him, including blackmail and fraud.

Kim Hyun Joong had filed suit against Choi with charges of blackmail, fraud, false accusations, defamation of character, and more last July, and Choi had countersued the actor with charges of false accusations and defamation of character. The prosecution arrived at the conclusion that none of the charges filed by Choi was valid.

SEE ALSO: Key East gives statement on the ruling of legal battle between Kim Hyun Joong and Choi

Prosecution deemed that there is little to no credibility behind Choi's claims that she had to receive a six-week medical treatment for her fractured ribs which resulted from Kim Hyun Joong's alleged assault. Choi had reportedly said at the hospital that the injuries were from bumping into workout equipment, and the fact that she refused to provide a medical diagnosis only served to void her claims further.

Additionally, as the 600 million KRW settlement amount to cover up the assault and miscarriage is considerably large, prosecution judged that it is hard to believe Choi's claims that she never blackmailed Kim Hyun Joong.

Prosecution arrived at the conclusion that Kim's charges of blackmail against Choi cannot be deemed a false accusation as the text messages which were leaked in the media greatly contradicted Choi's claims. Prosecution also judged that Choi's mother's text messages to Choi seemed to suggest behavior that is conducive to blackmail.

Choi's claims that she experienced a miscarriage due to assault and that Kim Hyun Joong demanded for her to get an abortion were deemed unsubstantial, as well, based on documented material from the hospital that she was not with child at the time.

Previously, this past August 10, Seoul Central District Court had also stated that it cannot accept Choi's assault and miscarriage claims as true, and ruled for 100 million KRW to be returned to Kim Hyun Joong.

Kim Hyun Joong was also acquitted of the defamation charges Choi filed against him. Prosecution judged that Kim's interviews which were covered extensively by the media were not defamation toward Choi but rather, a response to Choi's interviews. The false accusations of defamation which Choi filed against Kim Hyun Joong were also dropped for the same reason. Because Kim Hyun Joong's lawsuits were not based on fraudulent grounds, prosecution concluded that they cannot be ruled as false accusations.

1. Kim Hyun Joong

Lotus_Girl 19 hours ago

everyone missed me o_O OMG I can't believe it lool, time to say : I told you so, I told you so :3 you people should never doubt me :3 ahhhh day by day, CHOI is going down, now what next ? Criminal case :D ohh god, can't wait *-* anyway I'm so glad happy that truth start coming out and allkpop did stop been biased xD okay can someone please hug me and kiss me because am so damn hyper after reading this, and by the way where's malmalmal, macoy and the other one o_O

Sheila_W Lotus_Girl • 13 hours ago

XOXOXO!

20sarahnb Lotus_Girl • 13 hours ago

hey babe! XOXO

Stephanie91 Lotus_Girl • 12 hours ago

LOL, I can totally tell you're hyper. You sound like me when I'm on coffee. XD

teleri Lotus_Girl • 8 hours ago

Hey hey there! Glad to see you here :d It's happy dance time :D

Lotus_Girl Stephanie91 • 3 hours ago

That's why I don't drink coffee xD

Lotus_Girl teleri • 3 hours ago

me too *-* it was a busy summer break T-T

Lotus_Girl 20sarahnb • 3 hours ago

Lotus_Girl Sheila_W • 3 hours ago

unnie *-* XOXO

MaribelHenecia 2 days ago

Congrats to my ultimate idol. Thanks for proving that you deserved to be loved by your fans. Haters? Let them hate,it wont affect the ruling anyway😀. Again congratulations!

Stephanie91 2 days ago

This is why I said from the beginning - innocent till proven guilty.

bap