Tiger JK donates 100 million KRW ($96,000) to the ferry victims under his late father's name

April 25, 2014 @ 12:45 pm
by alim17
  • 17
  • 0
  • 49
  • 9092
  • 4307

Singer Tiger JK donated 100 million won (~ 96,000 USD) to the victims of the tragic ferry accident under his late father's name, Seo Byung Hoo.

One entertainment rep revealed to media outlet TV Daily, "Under the name of his late father Seo Byung Hoo, who passed away back in February, Tiger JK donated 100 milion won to the victims of the Sewol accident in secret through the Naver Happy Bin on April 25."

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'Pinocchio' - Episode 12

The rep continued, "Through a letter, the late Seo Byung Hoo expressed that he was disappointed he had not been able to give more to those living hard lives.  Tiger JK felt a lot of pain regarding the Sewol accident and decided to donate to express his condolences."

His father passed away on February 1 at the age of 72 in his home after suffering from cancer, but Tiger JK has thought of a thoughtful way to honor his father.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 52 comments

Sort by:

thesanguinist
· Posted April 27, 2014 @ 12:07 pm
he's been through a lot so knowing that he even donated makes me adore him even more

mscapri1998
· Posted April 27, 2014 @ 11:31 am
I respect him so much.

kpopenthusiast
· Posted April 27, 2014 @ 12:33 am

That's beautiful~ he felt that it was something his late father would have wanted him to do T__T thank you Tiger JK! it is very much appreciated! <3

drama_addict
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 4:40 pm
He is such a generous and caring musician, on We Got Married with Nickhun and Victoria , they went to his house to be honest you couldnt tell how much he made. If someone with no background of him walked in they might mistake him for an average Korean. Shows how honest and humble South Korean celebrities are !

Miss_S
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 5:12 am

That's very nice!! I'm happy for this ><

rawkprincess101
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 2:19 am
Tiger JK so much respect for him. He's been through a lot so far! So great of him to donate using his father name! Such a great human being!!

saywhatwhaf
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 9:32 pm
Papa YG still the richest.
xxjoycexx
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 9:42 pm
Can you stop comparing who donate the most? Did you even donate to them? Not right then don't say anything.
ary000
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 12:55 am
Wow, how immature. Even though i am a big fan of all YG artist, there is no too little or too much in donating so please stop comparing
rawkprincess101
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 2:20 am
Clearly this comment is so inappropriate!! It really doesn't matter how much someone donates it's the though the counts not who's richer!
Miss_S
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 5:13 am
I'm sorry to tell you but ... who cares ?! Isn't it more important that all these famous people want to do a good action and help people ?!
ltx
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 6:27 am
Dude, if you're going to be a troll, do it in an article that isn't this serious. Let's see you making jokes if something like this happened to you.

kathykyu
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

People keep on making this seem like a contest of WHO donate MORE. Just stop it please, ARE YOU DONATING? Probably not. Just stop it, this is a big deal in Korea, don't make "fun" of it, just be thankful that those who CAN are donating the amount they CAN.

krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:34 pm
I *CAN* get behind this!
Miss_S
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 5:15 am
You are right!! It doesn't matter who gave more or not, fact is they donate & it is for a great cause!

kathykyu
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

cindvng
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:51 pm
Tiger JK seems like a very nice and soft soul. When he was on running man, he was really sweet. Donating under his dad's name is very sweet of him! :)

vipbjelfsone86
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

Bless you sir.

RIP to the victims.

RIP to your father. I know he's smiling down on you.

za
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

Dude ... don't you need the money or something. Plus, donations are all great but only to a point where it satisfies the needs.

shaishaix3
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:59 pm
He has been around for years .. Why question his sincerity?? It's his money and it wasn't because he wanted to show it off ... He did it in secret ..
za
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:57 pm
@shaishaix3 Isn't TJK known for struggling financialy at times ... just saying ... absolutley not questioning his sincerity since he did it under the name of his father ... just all these people coming out with this like they need to prove something. With the amount of money coming ... seriously ... I think money helps to a certain point these are fa,ily members and school peers human lives that died not some damaged property so 'celebs' need to chill with this ... general saying
mihn
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 7:29 pm
@za I'm sure he talked it out with his wife before stepping forward to donate. He obviously felt that there were others who need the money much more than he did. Some feel the need to keep money saved up as back up, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Others are fine with just getting by if it means the can reach out and help others. He's been around long enough to know what he can and can't get by with I think. He'll be fine :)

ebilfairy
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

I wish people would just let them donate in private if that is what they are trying to do. Not go searching for who it is donating. It shouldn't matter who is donating just that some people are.

It's sweet for him do to it in his fathers name and a generous amount :)

krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:39 pm
I was joking (to me; *others* did *NOT* see it that way) that Park Shin Hye had donated money without saying of it. So, then it was 'discovered' that she had donated the money. So therefore Park Shin Hye had to CONFESS HER GUILT of donating that money! I thought it was clever, as opposed to having your Agency *say* it that PSH had donated the money. But, I got quite a few negative [-] ticks on saying that, and I'll probably get more here. So okay; I CHOOSE THE DANGER! (LOL)
krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:41 pm
And I've got *nothiing* against Tiger JK or Park Shin Hye. For all I know, they are the two FINEST PEOPLE in the K-entertainment business.
ebilfairy
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:17 pm
@krevice We are allowed to have our own opinion. I'm not bothered about (+) or (-) next to my comment, if someone disagrees with me then that's their prerogative and if they feel the need to down vote my comment it's not going to change my opinion lol
ebilfairy
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:19 pm
@krevice sometimes ones sense of humour does not translate well to others when written on the internet lol

iluvtiffanyswigs
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

most charities are scams, and more than likely these people will never see all this money. charities have  the  authority to donate only one percent of charity funds, and you know what .its legal. i never donate, but its a scam!

atlkpopfan
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:35 pm
There are a lot of scams out there, but that doesn't mean they are all scams. I'm thankful everyone doesn't think like you. If they did, there would be thousands, possibly millions of people without assistance or aid. I know I've personally benefited from organizations that live from donations, so I know it works.

iluvtiffanyswigs
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:28 pm

enough already geez.

-16

sevenseasons
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:20 pm
Close! YG's still unbeatable.
nikynik345
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:27 pm
Stop
rachelexo
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:31 pm
Yg is donating as part of the company. These people are paying from their own personal bank account.
ltx
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:33 pm
This isn't a contest, you know.
krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:48 pm
@ltx said --> "This isn't a contest, you know." <-- (Joking I say) I gave *more* that you did; NAH! NAH! (LOL)

fallingpetals
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

so sweet :'( <3 he's fulfilling his father's wish <3

jhulz
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

.. that's a lots lots of money..

-10

fahsara
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

omg , this is too much srsly --" When the same situation happened in Italy , italian didn't make such a big deal of it but korean really are too much.

thedaebu
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:23 pm
I implore you to expand your capacity of the English language before you even contemplate about writing something in English in the future.
riimie
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:28 pm
I disagree
ltx
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 1:35 pm
The loss of lives can never be too big of a deal. Let Italy mourn the way Italy wants, let Korea mourn the way Korea wants.
fahsara
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:16 pm
@thedaebu You implore me ? wow well english is not my first language but at least i can make sentences ;) Try to do so in French
krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 3:57 pm
@fahsara said --> "Try to do so in French." <-- (Joking I say) MDR ... And BON(E) (head) JOUR to you too! (LOL) ... (Joking I add) Okay, enough 'spit balling' from an ITALY that 'gave us' the SAWDUST CAESAR (Mussolini) and the FIAT SPIDER (automobile) that *never* runs well! ... (ROFLMAO!)

ripiasuju
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 12:57 pm

the korean acting/music industry is filled with kind heated people

krevice
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:57 pm
kind *hearted ... (typo fix) ... Although K-pop probably has some "heated" people too. Hyoyeon of SNSD comes to mind as a *possiblity* here. (Slap! Slap! Slap! Slap! Slap!) ... Chill out, SONES (SNSD fans) ... This is *quality* trolling ... (LOL)
ripiasuju
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 12:09 pm
@krevice hahaha xD hyoyeon is the best ^.^
krevice
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 12:46 pm
@ripiasuju ... I've got *nothing* against Hyoyeon (or SNSD) actually.
ripiasuju
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 12:46 pm
@krevice I know u were kidding xD I'm not a delusional sone~~~