Dramas

Jin Se Yeon to play Kim Hyun Joong's love interest on 'Generation of Youth'

November 26, 2013 @ 3:39 am
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 23
  • 21209
  • 236
Jin Se Yeon will star opposite Kim Hyun Joong on the new KBS 2TV drama 'Generation of Youth'!

SEE ALSO: RELIVE IT: B.A.P Live on Earth 2014: New York

Her agency
Early Bird Entertainment stated, "After careful consideration, [Jin Se Yeon] decided to make her return to dramas through this production... Although she consistently acted in theater, she is working hard to prepare for her first drama in a long time, so we ask for your love and support."

She'll be playing Yoon Ok Ryun, the female lead and love interest of Kim Hyun Joong's character. Yoon Ok Ryun is known for her pretty face and becomes a famous singer in Shanghai.

Jin Se Yeon shared, "Following 'Five Fingers', I am awaiting my first drama in a long time with a nervous and excited heart... During the past year, I studied acting a lot to show a good image through my stage for the musical 'Closer' and acting classes. I will prepare a lot more and work hard in the remaining time to show a good image. I ask for your support."

'Generation of Youth' takes place in Shanghai, China during the 1930s and portrays the story of love and friendship. Stay tuned for its premiere following 'Pretty Man' this January!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 23 comments

Sort by:

AlessaZar
· Posted November 27, 2013 @ 10:59 pm

So lucky~~~

marry93
· Posted November 27, 2013 @ 6:55 am

About who's actually the main female lead between JSY & LSY, I read that in original comics, both characters shares more or less equal screen time. KHJ's character loves JSY's character almost until the end, but she always only loves her (later) dead BF. I don't know whether she will eventually loves back KHJ's char. or not. LSY's char. loves KHJ's char. since the beginning but he doesn't accept her until near the end. Some interpretations said he accept her bec. he finally loves her back, but some said that although he's sincerely touched by her feeling, it's actually more bec. he finally accept that he can't never have JSY's char.

So if you goes by who gets the male lead in the end, the lead female status goes to LSY. But if you goes on the interactions & feelings, JSY can be said as lead female. JSY's char. also supposedly have more life trials-tribulations, up-and-down dynamics compared to LSY's.

jyyjc
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 3:54 pm
So basically she's doing Gaksital all over again, but playing a Rie-like character -__-

steadystrike
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 11:57 am
Appearance wise, she's not really gorgeous but she has a certain charm that makes her beautiful

ohdangitsjulie
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 10:19 am
She's so adorable! I'm looking forward to her since I loved her and Joowon in Bridal Mask, one of the best dramas ever.

sayakahikaru
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 8:39 am

Really YES!!! OMG she is his love interest YAY!!! I thought it was the other actress but its her yay im so happy!!! Can't wait.

celloangelninja
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 8:29 am
In 1930s again? XD first Gaksital then this drama

shineeshinning
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 8:07 am

wow! I like her in my daughter the flower....glad to see another drama of her. ^^

yoonyulsic12
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 6:34 am

Who here recognises her from the Kdrama "Five Fingers"?

lani_261
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 5:00 am

Yeeaahh cant wait... I love her!!

junelight
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:50 am

I just finished Bridal Mask recently, so I'm looking forward to this

nam7673
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:28 am

AWW YESS

Can't wait!

My favourite actor and one of my favourite actress's.

myreflections
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:27 am

nice nice nice!

Kim Hyun Joong this time will really appear in a drama!! I also like her, she seems pretty and easy-going.

looking forward to it.

Ha-ni
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:09 am

YAY!! I'm excited for this drama!*-* finally Kim Hyun Joong will be in a drama again too!

gogola
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:09 am

that's so good cause i do like her . i don't why she reminds me of park se young

orpdsns
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:08 am

she's so cute.

and those legs... dayuuummm

lee-miyaho
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 3:55 am

WHY!! Isn't kim so eun meant to play yoon ok ryun- so now if jin se yeon is play the role of yoon ok ryun. what going to happen to kim so eun???? is she going to be in the drama or not?? @_@

kimjhunjinmine
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:04 am
kim so eun give up that offer because of schedule,i read in the news

kimberly11
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 3:46 am

is it means the drama have 2 female leads? since Lim Soo Yang also a female lead of the drama.

untamedshrew
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 6:26 am
Yeah, based on my understanding of previous reports, LSY is supposed to be the female lead. Now I'm not sure if this has been mistranslated.
kimberly11
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 4:57 pm
@untamedshrew i've seen some translation in different language, the translation also the same. JSY is a female lead.
untamedshrew
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 5:40 pm
@kimberly11 Thanks for clarifying. So it's either there will be two female leads or LSY has been downgraded to second lead.

dc222
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 3:42 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)