Create your K-Pop Dream Team!

Create your K-Pop Dream Team and see how they rank in the allkpop Fantasy League!

Create!

Variety

Hara bursts into tears after Kyuhyun teases her on 'Radio Star'

September 4, 2013 @ 1:11 pm
by jennywill
  • 1
  • 1
  • 2540
  • 268967
  • 2077
KARA's Hara spilled tears on the most recent episode of 'Radio Star'.

MC Yoon Jong Shin asked Hara, "Which question are you the most scared of?". Hara answered, "You're still going to ask!", and Yoon Jong Shin said, "We'll take that question out." Hara then hesitantly answered, "I don't want to talk about dating.

Yoon Jong Shin then joked, "That's way too broad. We'll just take out one person," to which Hara exploded, "I don't have any! Why do you keep doing that to me?". Yoon Jong Shin answered, "It's because if we take out the 'dating' category when we talk to girl groups, then we can't talk about a bulk of things."

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] B2ST - 'Time'

Kyuhyun then added, "She's the dating-dol." Hara glared at him and said, "What?", and Kyuhyun meekly replied, "Dating-dol...", to which Hara shoved her drink in his direction. MC Kim Kuk Jin then said, "So everything is okay as long as we don't talk about dating?", and she said, "Yes. It's because when I talk about it, articles get written about it."

MC Kim Gu Ra said, "Once articles keep coming out, people will stop caring so much. But I was wondering, your relationship doesn't seem like it was that passionate?". Hara answered, "As I've said before, our Japanese promotions were very long. That's all I'll say."

As the MCs kept joking, they got to a point where the MCs said, "To pull the cloth over Hara, either Jiyoung or Seungyeon has to date." Hara spoke up immediately and said, "Date! You're already doing it!". When the MCs caught onto her words, she confessed, "I'm just trying to cover myself up."

The conversation continued toward the point where Kyuhyun said, "If I open my mouth, Hara will be over." Hara exploded, burst up and said, "What do you mean, I'll be over?! You can't be 100% confident, either!". Hara got so emotional that she started tearing up, and Kyuhyun said, "I was just joking!". Hara, however, started crying, and said, "I'm really angry."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 2,540 comments

Sort by:

sowonnie
· Posted September 16, 2014 @ 4:40 am

I honestly feel that it was just a situation where kyuhyun's joking was slightly on fire and not really able to stop even when hara seemed to be getting mad, while hara was slightly over sensitive, maybe she didn't expect the extent of radio star's jokes to be that serious. whatever it is I think it was all an innocent mistake on both parts and nothing too intentional or personal.

niiummy_sarang
· Posted June 12, 2014 @ 10:04 am

I know Kyuhyun can become annoying and even offensive, but he is very joker, that's his personality and im sure he also apologized after this. on the other hand, I think Hara wept with rage and frustration, also happens to me, I cried for the same, so please be more understandable with what happened and do not believe malicious rumors.

Lots of love 4 both*

mercy1990
· Posted March 26, 2014 @ 6:26 pm

I've watched Hara on Running Man and Invincible Youth. She's a tough cookie. She can take a licking and keep on ticking. The reason she started crying wasn't because she was hurt. She's angry. My sister in law, when she gets extremely angry she will literally cry tears of anger because that's just how stressed out and upset she is. And if she's angry enough to cry, your butt better not be standing there anymore or your butt is hers. I can get that way from time to time as well when I get angry enough. Hara's frustrated and upset cause they won't leave off and she blew. And because right at that moment she has no other way of taking out her anger and her body has to release it somehow, she cried. It's common, it's not a big deal. She's fine. People don't just cry when they're hurt or sad. They do it when they're ticked off as well. I'm glad she stood up for herself too and didn't try to hide her emotions. Kyuhyun was obviously contrite about what happened and I'm sure he apologized after the show for going too far. BTW, just because you're an adult, doesn't mean you don't lose control of your emotions anymore.

vody
· Posted January 6, 2014 @ 5:03 am
Some word are uncorrected so plz it makes my comment become nonsense ! Someone can teach me how to delete my comment by using app not website?

vody
· Posted January 6, 2014 @ 4:37 am
Actually I think she's spoiled by her fans too much, we all know what kind of style it would be in " Radio Star"! They tease people all the time no mater who they are! So they already know what they will facing in this show and they taken worse situation before they became famous so why can be accepted now? I really can't understand! And you know all those question come from staff behind the show for GOD' sake none of kyuhyun's bussines!
jewelfamous
· Posted March 4, 2014 @ 5:41 am
teasing and treating someone like a prostitute is very different, i thought it was disgusting what they did to her

hiroonakamura
· Posted January 5, 2014 @ 4:13 pm

if you look at the clip instead of reading about it, you'll see that she's laughing AND crying. the emotion's of being teased makes her cry, but she isn't really angry about.

jennale
· Posted December 3, 2013 @ 11:10 pm

To be honest... I think Hara overreacted. I mean come on. Crying? She's an ADULT for gods sake. I know little kids who know better than to cry when they're being picked on or joked about. Would it seriously be THAT hard to just suck it up and harshly tell the MC's that she won't tolerate their talk of dating and if they talk about it anyway, she can just threaten to leave or something. Leaving is better than crying....

jennale
· Posted December 3, 2013 @ 11:12 pm
She's so childish..... I'm pretty sure even 13 year olds wouldn't step low enough to throw something at someone when they're mad. Grow up already, jesus christ.
sspecial
· Posted December 10, 2013 @ 9:03 pm
you rsaying she did it intensionally. grown adults cry, to you it may be a tv program but it's her personal sensitive spot.
jennale
· Posted December 10, 2013 @ 11:24 pm
@sspecial that's true too but all they did was ask a few questions... I guess she's just REALLY sensitive.
polynesianangel
· Posted January 6, 2014 @ 3:26 am
I've personally been in situations like hers where i get teased and whatever and honestly i feel for her. I mean when i feel like everyone is sort of all joking about me, i want to cry. I mean that's just me, but i can relate to her. It was a sensitive-ish topic for her

ughjongin
· Posted November 21, 2013 @ 11:39 am

i'm sorry to say but she looks so pretty although she's crying ;; poor bby! and lol kyuhyun xD

kittysnoswhoe
· Posted November 7, 2013 @ 8:40 am

Hmmmm...I wonder if Kara have guested in Radio Star before this episode or even watched the show?  I guess not or they would know that joking about personal stuff is part of Radio Star.  Hara probably has a lot to be ashamed about when it comes to her dating habits hence her reaction, oh well.  Watched recent episodes of Radio Star and so glad to see the MCs haven't changed since that episode. They're still funny and witty. That's the way to do it.  All the best to Radio Star.

bodyseoul
· Posted October 29, 2013 @ 7:12 am

Let's establish that what I have to say is an unbiased opinion. I'm not a big fan of KARA; there are only a handful of songs I really can enjoy. Kyuhyun overstepped boundaries. We all know that he loves to pick and joke with everybody but sometimes joking can be taken too far. I'm glad that she showed him that she was generally upset about that comment so next time he won't be so brash. Kyuhyun, we forgive you, but try to be a little more sensitive to a topic she doesn't like to talk about next time. This goes for all future guests,

leprincessuu
· Posted October 1, 2013 @ 10:18 pm

damn....i glad she stood up for herself tho. sometimes these ppl play around too much on these shows

jennale
· Posted December 10, 2013 @ 11:26 pm
They're SUPPOSED to! That's their job! The show is LITERALLY known for asking controversial questions so they are just doing their job. Are you really mad at people for doing their job? I guess you must hate everyone who's employed then..
anata
· Posted January 5, 2014 @ 1:51 pm
@jennale just because it's their job, it doesn't mean it's right. They must have some morals. Kyuhyun was a cute little jellybean before he started working on this show, and even he says he's changed when working with these fellows. And why can't we be mad about this? It's a rude an inconsiderate program. I'm glad they regret what they said. I don't know much about Hara, but at least I would be courteous and respect her request on the subject of dating. These grown men are really attacking her, and it looks pretty pathetic that they made her cry like that.

aninda1603
· Posted September 28, 2013 @ 5:12 am

Let's stop giving hate and start giving love, Ok???

We shouldn't give both of them a bad image.

Once again

Super Junior & Kara, Fighting!!!

aninda1603
· Posted September 28, 2013 @ 5:00 am

I think both of them are not at fault. first of all, i think hara knows that 'radio star' is a 'strong' show, because it has both Kim Gura and 'Little' Kim Gura aka Cho Kyu Hyun and of course everyone would know that her dating-dol image will be brough up, so why is she still appear in that program?? And well, i think Kyu Hyun is both feels sorry and flustered because it's the first time the guest cried because of some harsh comment he usually says.

But also, it's not Hara's fault. well, She is still a woman who is emotional ( Every woman is) but, i didn't even think she would throw bottle to her sunbae (It's disrespectful "In Korea"). Well, A woman can do anything when she's mad.

I think they have just clean up the situation, so, let's stop bashing who's at fault,please?? It's their business and they're an Adult so, i think they can solve the problem themselves.

Truthfully, i love both of them, Let's make a happy ending!!

Super Junior & Kara, Fighting!!!

darlingkeira
· Posted September 24, 2013 @ 1:58 am

​Guys, Hara's human. She's allowed to have feelings. Same with the MCs they're human and allowed to make mistakes. They most likely apologized to her and have learned from their mistakes. Now move on.

canadaphile
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 3:02 pm

I'm always uncomfortable with how much the topics of dating and love, etc. are pushed on some of these shows. It's impressive how well some celebrities handle the persistent questions, but there's a limit for everyone.

kristopher
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

​I can just imagine Kyuhyun's reaction. Like, ooooh shit o.o somebody stop it from make that noise.

lordofducktape
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

I will admit that Hara could have informed Radio Star prior to getting on set, but I'm just upset that the MCs would act this way.

arc3ncie
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 2:11 am

​there is always that line between joking and taking it a little over the line. I know Kyuhyun was joking, for the variety and comedic effect... But... It would get kind of annoying if people brought it too much. kind of like how Ellen always talks about Taylor S

secretsinkpop
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 10:23 pm

ITS NOT KYUHYUN'S FAULT GOO HARA HAS SOOO MANY BOYS AROUND HER

lordofducktape
· Posted September 29, 2013 @ 11:29 pm
He was rude and overstepped boundaries. Hara did nothing wrong.
jennale
· Posted December 3, 2013 @ 11:16 pm
@lordofducktape I think he was just trying to fit into the role of being on a variety show or whatever kind of show that was. I mean you have to admit Hara overreacted. What kind of adult crys and throws something at someone? A lot of kids won't even do that. If she was even the tiniest bit mature, she would have just either sucked it up and ignored their comments or tell the MC's that their behavior is unacceptable and then threaten to leave or something. It's a SHOW for gods sake. Learn to take a hit or two if you're in show business.
uh_oh
· Posted June 22, 2014 @ 10:32 am
w0w thanks for the indirect compliment of her beauty that attracts tons of guys attention

pakindmuziq
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

​Im not a fan of Kara, not evn close, there is not one song i like of theirs. I actually like Kyuhyun, but tht man really knows how to attack a person. And i do not think the Mc's shud't have behaved like tht.