New girl group Wassup to bring twerking to the K-pop scene + demonstrates with 2 video clips

August 1, 2013 @ 10:15 pm
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 1953
  • 207936
  • 7178
New girl group Wassup will be coming your way soon and they're aiming for a sensational debut by bringing the dance craze of twerking to Kpop!

Sony Music Korea and Mafia Record joined forces to create the 7-member hip hop girl group which will stick out from the crowd with their 'dancehall' genre of music. The group has been training for the past 3 years and is set to bring in all eyes as they utilize twerking for their debut.

Sony Music Korea stated, "Wassup will differentiate themselves from other girl groups with their eye-catching concept. They will aim to spread hip hop music through their various activities."

The girls are giving you a taste of what is to come with two video clips, so check them out below, and leave your thoughts!

SEE ALSO: Wassup to collaborate with professional basketball players

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 1,953 comments

Sort by:

chosss
· Posted September 21, 2013 @ 9:43 pm

​lol.. I have just seen their debut and it was not as many people expected.. they did not even twerk for sake.. And their agency have said that they will spread hip-hop? tss hip-hop have already spread in kpop long before. And most of the kpop groups nowadays are going for the hiphop style like snsd and kara.

nocturnekaddicts
· Posted September 13, 2013 @ 6:29 pm

Aigooo... w-why they do dat??? that's for rachet people.. Let's try not to bring that to the kpop scene

yennnie421
· Posted September 13, 2013 @ 9:05 pm
for ratchet people? ... wtf...
nocturnekaddicts
· Posted September 14, 2013 @ 6:27 pm
Oh no... lol my cousin has a massive hate for twerking and anyone that doesn't looks like I forgot to log off and she saw this article. I'm fine with the fact that Kpop is trying new things to appeal to other listeners and stuff. But I will apologize for my cousin for the people she must had offended. 정말죄송합니다 (jeongmal joesonghabnida)

neah-96
· Posted September 11, 2013 @ 4:36 am

hopefully they conform to they kpop genre coz it looks awkward having an Asian twerk and i'm Asian

-diana-
· Posted September 4, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

I like the purple hair color....

dksoulstice
· Posted September 3, 2013 @ 3:17 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

dwwong22
· Posted September 3, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

i personally dont like this concept of twerking. but if they wanted to do it then whatever.

just as long as other kpop artists dont adopt to this "trend" ill be okay . i just dont think it matches kpop but thats just my opinion :)

chibi-junior
· Posted September 1, 2013 @ 2:18 am

The most dumbest and most stupidest idea that a group can ever have created.

beyou97
· Posted August 31, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

They all have beautiful voices but ...the mv in my opinion is disgusting ....is just my opinion !

basontony
· Posted August 31, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

Atleast they twerk better than Miley Cyrus

engrishwaffurs
· Posted August 28, 2013 @ 10:58 pm

i love wassup <3 they are so cute and nari is gorgeous and obviously my bias... yes i know that twerking is "sexual" but if you actually watch the dance it is one part.. and the rest is somewhat like bubble pop mixed with female president or mr. ..... lastly why is everyone grossed by ass shaking and not pelvis thrusting... that is an actual sexual move.... yet why is everyone so ok with this yet so mad at wassup... WASSUP FIGHTING <3

baekstar617
· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

I hate what this is turning into..theyre ruining what we have.

4ever2pmsjexo
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:57 pm

em. okay. if they want to be twerk-dols, they must hire xiumin or minzy or min to teach them how to twerk.

kpop-freak
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 8:59 pm
evilnyappy:

LETS ALL blame Myungsoo for making our expectations in men too damn high…

brelasha
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 3:32 am

I honestly don't see the problem...it's just a concept to get known why does twerking have to be considered ghetto???? Other groups do sexual moves but because this group announces they are doing twerking which is just bouncing your but (which they don't have much of) they're just oh so wrong and corrupting kpop???? Like really who made rules that said KPOP CAN NEVER CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT IT MUST ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS?? No one last time I checked.

kyuxiusoo
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 11:52 pm

This scares me... Why is kpop turning into American pop TT^TT it saddens me...

nabilahothman
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 4:40 am

i dont see the difference with group who twerk n those who dont. body rolls and butt swipe, butt point, side butt... n butt shaking... the focus still butts. there are a lot of girl groups who have dance parts focusing on their butts. so i dont see that much of a difference. :D

elfsoneeel
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

this is not kpop!..what's happens with new groups kpop???

keeypitreal
· Posted August 17, 2013 @ 1:26 am

Why are all the new kpop groups in 2013 trying to play to the american fans .___. it just ruins kpop......

theeannoymous
· Posted August 16, 2013 @ 8:10 pm

As much as I like kpop THIS new music vid is not kpop! I believe the choreography for this MV should be redone. Twerking is not dancing, it's a form of movement that tries to emphasise parts of the body that can easily be exploited and sexualised. Even though Kpop is getting more and more popular (EXCELLENT JOB PEEPS) Kpop should stick to their standards. I have unfortunately lose some respect due to this MV. I don't understand why this MV is still here... If one of Sistar's choreography had to be redone due to its inappropriate dance moves then shouldn't Wassup's choreography be the same?

I am very disappointed! BTW none of these girls should be critiqued; every single one of them are extremely talented so well done!... All i want to highlight is that Twerking is not Kpop, it does not belong in Korea or in Asia!!!

theeannoymous
· Posted August 16, 2013 @ 8:21 pm
OH HELL YES "stick out from the crowd" for the wrong reasons! Only a new girl group and is already building up a bad appearance due to this new "eye-catching concept". Not a very good idea is it. I hope the choreography will be changed and make me fall in love with kpop again!
engrishwaffurs
· Posted August 28, 2013 @ 10:59 pm
hip thrusting in boy groups are even more sexual... should that be not be a dance move either... or kpop?

euigo