Dramas

Joo Ji Hoon confirmed for MBC drama 'Medical Top Team'

July 25, 2013 @ 7:58 pm
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 13
  • 15331
  • 258
The lineup just keeps getting better as Joo Ji Hoon has now been confirmed for the star-studded MBC drama 'Medical Top Team'!

Joo Ji Hoon was previously in talks to join 'Medical Top Team' leading MBC's drama department to request for MBC's ban on the actor to be lifted. The ban was put into place in 2009 after his drug abuse scandal. With the ban gone, Joo Ji Hoon will star in his first MBC drama since 'Goong' as the director of the internal medicine department, Han Seung Jae, in 'Medical Top Team'.

Joo Ji Hoon shared, "I am joyful that I am able to work with a good production and renowned staff. More so than his exterior image, I am planning to focus on the depth of my character Han Seung Jae. I anticipate that this drama will have its own color that differentiates itself from other medical dramas."

'Medical Top Team' is the work of 'The Moon that Embraces the Sun's PD Kim Do Hoon, and 'Brain's writer Yoon Kyung Ah. The drama will portray the story of a team of doctors who are the best in their respective fields and will take viewers into the reality of the medical field and the power struggles that lie within hospitals.

SEE ALSO: SHINee's Minho cast in MBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Medical Top Team'

Joo Ji Hoon will be acting alongside male lead Kwon Sang Woo, female lead Jung Ryeo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, and SHINee's Minho, who is in the final stages of completing his casting offer, in 'Medical Top Team' that is set to air this October!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 13 comments

Sort by:

a15t3
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 5:03 am

congratulations!  have a smooth journey :)

keysi
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 4:25 am

ohhhhhhhh, finally I can see him 8n small screen again....welcome back

pau1017
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 3:39 am

Oh my God....I wish he will have a Kdrama with Yoon Eun Hye again! It's been 7 years since they've been in a Drama...I hope MBC will give them.

suzylover
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 2:42 am

I'm so excited!! I love Joo Ji Hoon <3

desvina8
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 2:35 am

i never stop love this guy! <3

marjtal
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 2:25 am

I MISSED YOU

miniginny
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

OMG... so exited.. fighting joo ji hoon !!

conor
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

This cast seems amazing so far!

andie-x
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 8:52 pm

somebody hold me

stephanie-a
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 8:52 pm

this will be his comeback to mbc, not for dramas

he did play in dramas after goong.

but anyway oppa fighting!

mariolawpanda
· Posted July 26, 2013 @ 8:39 am
Huh? What did he do recently after the military and his ban? He did a film and did shows for other countries I think, but this is his comeback to the Korean TV dramas. On a different note, I miss him cause I loved him in Goong and crushed on him in Antique Bakery and fcking loved him in his super uber sexy role in The Naked Kitchen.

kreezkuh
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

yay! i'm so excited to see him again acting in a drama. i just started watching Goong for the 4th time last night. he'll forever be my first korean crush lol

i hope the drama will be daebak!

foreveralocket
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

EVERYBODY LET 2NE1 KNOW!!!!

The End